Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Random question - What's with all the my little ponies?  (Read 6296 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Random question - What's with all the my little ponies?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2011, 04:47:03 am »

Interesting, one thing I don't like not know anything about mixed with another thing I don't want to ever know anything more about...

wh40k and mlp:fim

Since they have decided to amalgamate into this thread maybe they can answer me a pair of questions.

1. What the hell is wh40k?
2. I don't like these ponies, why do you?
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 05:03:58 am »

Warhammer 40k is the most hopeless of universes.

There are no good guys, and the few that do exist die for no reason. The 'best' side, and only because they're human, are best termed as "Catholic Space Nazis".

Every side is trying to wipe out the others. To literally genocide them completely and destroy their very worlds. Humanity has all the military tactics of the first world war.

Now, My Little Pony is the opposite.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 08:27:59 am »

(flaming removed)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:40:19 pm by Toady One »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 10:11:44 am »

There are no good guys, and the few that do exist die for no reason. The 'best' side, and only because they're human, are best termed as "Catholic Space Nazis".

Every side is trying to wipe out the others. To literally genocide them completely and destroy their very worlds. Humanity has all the military tactics of the first world war.

Damn, I had to laugh about this quite hard, but if I am honest....
Shit, it's true.
Only that I would call the "best" side the Eldar, even though they are kinda the "elves of wh40k", since they display the least aggression to all "living" races I think (IF not attacked ofc).

The MLP.....
dunno, just watched the first 2 episodes on YT, and I HAD to smile....
It's not playinly boring like all th other kidsshows out there, and there is not singing every 5 minutes (I quite lol'd about the "she does not really....""Oh, I think she does...." when Pinky started to sing....)
And it is so opposite to DF and all "usual" PC/onlinegames, that it is attracting each other like the strongest magnet there can possibly be and a planet made from iron 10 cm away from each other.
greetz, Freddy

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 01:46:28 pm »

Damn, I had to laugh about this quite hard, but if I am honest....
Shit, it's true.
Only that I would call the "best" side the Eldar, even though they are kinda the "elves of wh40k", since they display the least aggression to all "living" races I think (IF not attacked ofc).

The MLP.....
dunno, just watched the first 2 episodes on YT, and I HAD to smile....
It's not playinly boring like all th other kidsshows out there, and there is not singing every 5 minutes (I quite lol'd about the "she does not really....""Oh, I think she does...." when Pinky started to sing....)
And it is so opposite to DF and all "usual" PC/onlinegames, that it is attracting each other like the strongest magnet there can possibly be and a planet made from iron 10 cm away from each other.
greetz, Freddy

Eldar won't actually personally kill you, they'll just manipulate events such that your entire world is deemed traitor and destroyed by your own side, just so they don't lose a teddy bear.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 02:49:15 pm »

What I want to know is, since when did half of the internetfags turn into furries? Seriously, I don't get where the whole "Oh my god! Ponies!" thing came from. My nine year old sister wouldn't touch an episode of My Little Furry with a ten-foot pole. Now, I'll be back later, I have to go play Co-OP GTA with her.

I haven't truly played GTA since San Andreas, there was just nothing more that they added to the game other than fancy graphics. I played about an hour of GTA4 and got bored of all the similarities, so I decided to watch MLP for entertainment.

Seriously? I have no clue what the ponies are all about, but then again I used to play neopets five years back and I have no clue what that's all about currently. I still have nightmares of my poor Lupe starving alone on some dark lonely street while my stocks increase 400%, but I just can't think of a reason to play. The worst part is, he won't die. He'll just stay in a permanent stasis of miserable starvation. Why won't they just let him die.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 03:26:25 pm »

Eldar won't actually personally kill you, they'll just manipulate events such that your entire world is deemed traitor and destroyed by your own side, just so they don't lose a teddy bear.

Yeah, the Eldar are some of the most selfish and egotistical creatures in the galaxy.  They only don't kill off the humans because they're too weak to do so after creating the chaos god of sadism.  They work with the Imperium rarely, because they have similar enemies, but make no mistake that the Eldar would just as soon have all the humans dead if it would benefit them (presently it doesn't, we're nice cannon fodder).

Now, supposedly the Tau really are the good guys, but based on what I've heard they're actually racists who subjugate all of the other aliens they ally with into second class citizens.  Still not much of good guys.  I actually know very little about the Tau, they interest me very little.  Maybe even less than Necrons.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 08:15:53 pm »

Yeah, the Eldar are some of the most selfish and egotistical creatures in the galaxy.  They only don't kill off the humans because they're too weak to do so after creating the chaos god of sadism.  They work with the Imperium rarely, because they have similar enemies, but make no mistake that the Eldar would just as soon have all the humans dead if it would benefit them (presently it doesn't, we're nice cannon fodder).

Now, supposedly the Tau really are the good guys, but based on what I've heard they're actually racists who subjugate all of the other aliens they ally with into second class citizens.  Still not much of good guys.  I actually know very little about the Tau, they interest me very little.  Maybe even less than Necrons.

Eldar are assholes.

Tau sterilize their alien citizens so they're still the majority.

Imperium is a bunch of superstitious fools.

Tyranids are just hungry.

Chaos hasn't killed off Abbadon and gotten a decent leader yet.

Necrons are a bunch of soulless machines.

Orks, however, are at their win state. They live to fight, and the galaxy of statics, unchanging war is where they love to be.

Yup, Orks won 40k already.

What I want to know is, since when did half of the internetfags turn into furries? Seriously, I don't get where the whole "Oh my god! Ponies!" thing came from. My nine year old sister wouldn't touch an episode of My Little Furry with a ten-foot pole. Now, I'll be back later, I have to go play Co-OP GTA with her.
4/10, I thought you were serious for a moment there.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 01:10:11 am »

Orks, however, are at their win state. They live to fight, and the galaxy of statics, unchanging war is where they love to be.

Yup, Orks won 40k already.

Better yet, they reproduce with spores.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2011, 08:40:13 am »

i think the best part is how their technology works

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 08:49:17 am »

Ork tech works based on the principle that nobody has told them it shouldn't work.

Also, Ork camouflage:
"Why is the entire army painted yellow and purple?"
"It's camouflage!  You know, so that we can be sneaky!"
"But why yellow and purple?"
"Well, if camouflage is good, then more camouflage must be better, right?  And camouflage is meant to make people see it, not the people wearing it, right?"
"Well, yes, but-"
"So, if we make the camouflage really visible, then it'll make our soldiers almost invisible.  That's logic, see."
"I'm still not convinced."
"Well, look at it this way:  Have you ever seen a yellow and purple army?"
"...No."
"Exactly!"
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2011, 09:50:40 am »

And of course, they famously paint their vehicles red, because red trukks go faster.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2011, 10:21:25 am »

the awesome thing is: because orks are faintly telepathic, it actually works through their collective belief in it

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2011, 02:44:15 pm »

This thread made me wach My little pony, it is quite nice and funny ...
Thank all for presenting it
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2011, 02:59:28 pm »

I'm not surprised that the seeds of a WH40k derail were planted on the first page.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4