Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Undeath - so many graves...  (Read 5117 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Undeath - so many graves...
« on: October 22, 2011, 08:09:37 pm »

Undeath

Welcome to Undeath, this is going to be a game similiar to YAK yet different altogether. As you can discern from the Name, the game is about things dead, or rather things not staying dead. What do you play? That is kept deliberately secret for the beginning. The kingdom in which your characters start is completely free of magic (or rather unheard of except for rumours from the south), the usual medieval kingdom one would expect. Except for the long abandoned Dwarf Holds in the south and the small Clanlands of the Orcs it is populated only by humans. I correct that: it is yet just populated by humans.

Your Character can be anyone in this kingdom except for the King or any of the High Lords. (so basically every profession you can think of up to a small time noble)

The First player with accepted Character may also decide upon the name of our Kingdom.

and there behold, through the power of Hexographer and my horrible drawing skills, my first map ever done:

The more descriptive you flesh out your character, the better i can decide what happens to your character. Will he be the first vampire? Turn into a werewolf? Find a Book of Necromancy? Will he obtain a accursed weapo? Will he fall prey to a fell wizard?

Name:
Looks: (may propably change... ;))
Personality: (important for the fate of your character)
Background: (will decide upon how and why your character is overhelmed by his fate)

Playerlist:
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  sinpwn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: micelus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shootandrun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ultra Valican (click to show/hide)

Encyclopedia Audr-Draugr

empty for now...

Information on the Kingdom

Spoiler:  About the Orcs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 05:45:05 am by Ghazkull »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undeath
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 08:09:56 pm »

reserved for more information

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 08:13:17 pm »

Reserving, but I must ask what do you mean by Character ?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 08:15:05 pm »

sorry....in german Character means well the behaviour of somebody, is he timid ?, does he have an easy to raise temper? is he generous? things like that...i forgot what the english word for that stuff was...

EDIT: found it again...personality was what i meant XP
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:16:37 pm by Ghazkull »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 08:17:52 pm »

Quite interested. I'll make a sheet tomorrow right now because I have some free time.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:24:25 pm by Shootandrun »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 08:18:23 pm »

Whiting sheet up now.

Edit:
Name: Swanson Degrue
Looks: 6 ft. Light blue eyes. Pale skin. Black hair. Handlebar moustache.
Personality: Acts cheery, quiet and helpful outwardly, but is actually cold, sadistic and greedy.
History: Using the guise of a baker, Swanson made much of his money through less acceptable means, such as theft, assasination and other things. People have always been curious about the "Unique" taste of his special meat pies...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:35:28 pm by Sinpwn »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 08:20:12 pm »

Name: Jack Nilson
Looks: 5 Ft. 6 In, 125 Lbs, Brown Hair, Hazel Eyes, Hawk-Like facial features, No Scars, Slightly Tanned
Character: Calm, Sarcastic, Hyper, Untrusting
Background: Jack Nilson grew up in a small village that bordered a small Stone Quarry. His family consisted of a long line of Guards, and Soldiers, so as he grew up he heard numerous tales of battles, and capture of law-breakers. Those stories made him want to become a Guardsman, and from the age of six he trained, and aimed to become one, so he could protect his town. At the age of fifteen he finally managed to become a Guardsman for the Stone Quarry, and was charged with protecting the workers as they gather

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 08:20:54 pm »

this looks interesting, I'll write up a character sheet soon.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: Undeath - the first victim has been found
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 08:25:56 pm »

Is it possible to be a dwarf or an orc or can we only be human?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 08:27:11 pm »

Uh, Can you explain some game mechanics? I'm not to sure aboout joining if I dont know what I'll be doing.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 08:29:55 pm »

Also for Kingdom name I will pass that off to Shootandrun

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 08:42:13 pm »

Name: Alex Smith
Looks: 6 Ft. a tad fat, an untold amount of scars and bruises on both arms, feet so mangled it's a wonder he can walk, bald and brown eyes.
Personality: Tends to be a bit of a jerk, but is really pathetic and awkward. Clumsy in a way that only hurts himself. Lazy when nothing is happening, quick and hyper when he can help out in a situation.
Background: Alex is was the son of a blacksmith and the town drunk, he never learned the trade and was later disowned. He did however learn how to hunt from the men at the local hunting guild, all of whom his dad hated. In his youth he discovered he didn't feel pain all that well, a broken arm had the same kick as a stubbed toe to a normaly person, a stubbed toe however had the same kick as being impaled. He is now a decent hunter and gets his arrows from his dad's shop, much to his disliking.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 08:49:58 pm »

Name: Jamal Helfa of the Zucharin

Looks: Somewhat short and no hair. Has darkish skin and brown eyes. He is gaunt and skinny. He has many scars from raids and his time as a slave. He has a tattoo on his chest of his clan, his name, family, and sacred beast. This is all one symbol. There is a brand on his face with the former baron's emblem, which is a hawk with wings outstretched and bearing two shields.

Personality: Jamal is bound by his traditions and personal honour, but his time as a slave as changed him somewhat. He is cool, careful, and patient in planning but still retains his trust for his comrades. He's naturally suspicious of nobles and the settled peoples. Ever since he escaped, he's become studious of any scholarly knowledge he could find, which is little.

Background: Jamal was born among a clan of nomads. For the most part, the clan spent it's time herding livestock, raiding, and on occasion, trading. It was an interesting life. At the age of 12, Jamal killed his first man;a raider from another clan. For that, he was given the rights of adulthood which meant he could join the raiders, control his own household and flock, and even marry if he so wished. For a year he spent his time making up a flock, hoping that someday he would be able to support a family. But things are never meant to be. One day, while traveling through some noble's land, the clan was ambushed from all sides and either killed or captured. Jamal himself was captured and made a slave and made to till the fields. And for 3 years he did. All the while he plotted with the other slaves to rebel and kill their master. As the 3 years passed, the lord sickened and his heirs rushed to come by his side and wait for the inheritance. That was the time the slaves rebelled. They swarmed over the town and into the baron's castle, slaughtering anyone who looked noble. Soon after, the slaves scattered to their homes or whatever they wanted. As for Jamal, he gathered what was left of his clan, as well as some others, and left to try to find a new home...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:54:33 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 08:54:02 pm »

Name: Jarod
Looks: A man quite muscled, but not taller than the average. His hair are black, just like his eyes. He is easily recognizable because of his numerous scars.
Personality: Efficient, calm, generally silent. He is not of the kind that makes friends easily. He has no honor. At all.
Background: Jarod is a walking killing machine.

When he was young, he lived in the eastern parts of the Kingdom, son of a peasant. Little is known of his youth, except that his parents never liked him. When he was seventeen years old, he joined a mercenary company - the Ravens - to leave his home and his family. Nobody expected him to survive for mor than a week. He survived. When he was twenty, everyone in the company respected him. When he was twenty-five, he was the captain's bodyguard. When he was thirty, the Ravens died during the last campaign against the Orcs, but he survived.

Now, he is thirty seven years old and one of the best fighters of the Kingdom. He is not a duelist, not a knight, not a hero - only a warrior. When he kills, he doesn't make it pretty. He doesn't make a show. He draws his sword, and he kills. And for now, he never failed.

He is not currently hired as a mercenary, but he is looking for a job in the capital.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:56:05 pm by Shootandrun »

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 09:20:03 pm »

Name: Steve Nugen
Looks: Average in every sense of the word, Fit, with short blonde hair.
Personality: Silent, yet kind, he will risk himself to save others, he shows great honour and distrusts people of different races/cultures, however, this will not stop him from trying to help them.
background:From a young age he was fascinated in the stories of other species, until one day Orcs raided his village, killing dozens of people, Steve got together a band of survivors and re-established the village this time it was protected. He was captain of the watch in this small village for twelve years, In this time they were attacked once more, the defenders fought gallantly, and defeated the raiders, but now Steve has taken a trip to the capitol, where he hopes to join the Royal Guard, his wife and young child stayed behind in his home village in case he doesn't get the job.
he is 28.
his father was a beekeeper. 8)

Righto, new one next page.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:51:29 pm by Edmus »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4