Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Halo RPG Game-Spartans of Harvinger Six: Player's Welcome  (Read 8896 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Halo RPG Game-Spartans of Harvinger Six: Player's Welcome
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2011, 06:04:31 pm »

The DH version is coming along well, and I will have it done sometime this weekend, so you guys can remake you character sheets, and we can finish preparing for our first session.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2011, 06:09:33 pm »

If any of you need help learning the system or making a sheet, ask me. I can also run a practice session via IRC.

EDIT: How is the Spartan's power shield working in DH? Just added in AP or using DH's power shield rules?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:30:05 pm by Phantom »

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2011, 08:12:35 pm »

Word to the wise, make the shields ablative wounds. Power shields are increibly overpowered,as Phantom well knows from my ames villain, Dedrc, who has a ranged shield, but AFAIK Spartan shields work against everything. you basically roll, and if it beats a number, it nullifies all attacks made against it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2011, 08:19:12 pm »

Ablative AP then? That seems the most logical route...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2011, 08:22:34 pm »

Not ablative AP. Wounds. You damage the shield up to a certain point, and then it breaks, then you hurt the real spartan, and his armour. after depleting his shield wounds.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2011, 08:27:22 pm »

Ah, okay. Sounds alright then, depending on how many wounds the shield has...

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2011, 08:53:29 pm »

Well, if you give each level of shielding Y wounds, where Y is average spartan wounds multiplied by the shield level, that would work fairly well.

So, say I have 15 as Y.

With shields, I have 30 wounds, 15 of which I won't get back unless I haven't been attacked for a round, then I get a certain number back.

OvershieldsX2/3/4 work fairly well for this. I'll go run a test combat, shall I?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2011, 09:17:03 pm »

Sure, do you need a test monkey or something? Although, one round seems a bit short.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2011, 11:46:40 am »

A round would maybe net you 2 back, if you haven't been attacked, so cover would be more important than it otherwise would be. I think to better simulate the game, wound levels should be low, and you rely on armour and shields. Worked out a combat using 45 in stats, 5 wounds, and armour 8, shields at 30, regenerating 5 every round combat dealt no damage to the player.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2011, 03:24:20 pm »

A round would maybe net you 2 back, if you haven't been attacked, so cover would be more important than it otherwise would be. I think to better simulate the game, wound levels should be low, and you rely on armour and shields. Worked out a combat using 45 in stats, 5 wounds, and armour 8, shields at 30, regenerating 5 every round combat dealt no damage to the player.
Yep, but the number of foes they will be facing will be large, so the shields won't last long. That is to prove the fact that Spartans aren't invincible (and to make sure none of the players can just rush in, and blow everything to bits) , from the first 72 who were made Master Chief was the only to survive all the way to the Pillar of Autumn. And the only reason he survived was, because he had a massive amount of luck none of the others shared.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2011, 05:49:26 pm »

The combat was won fairly easily won by a swarm of enemies at 25 skills, no shields. and a space marine wiped the floor with the spartan. I actually have stats for master chief in 40K if you're interested?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2011, 05:51:01 pm »

Ooohhh, that'll be cool/hilarious to see :D

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2011, 05:51:36 pm »

The combat was won fairly easily won by a swarm of enemies at 25 skills, no shields. and a space marine wiped the floor with the spartan. I actually have stats for master chief in 40K if you're interested?
That would be helpful. Could you also send me a template for making Weapons, and Armor in DH ? ( I currently do not have access to my PDF)

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2011, 06:10:26 pm »

Armour I go by ear. covering is where it covers, AP is the reduction it gives. space marine powered ceramite armour is AP 8, and an average guardsman has AP 4 from his flak armour.

Weapons are a funny beast. 1d10 + or - a smaller number is generally all you need. 1d10+2 would be a good statline for the magnum for example. plasma weapons are closer to the spartan laser. if you make plasma weapons deal an extra die of damage to shields, then you've got a good representation of their specialization to shield breaking.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2011, 02:02:53 am »

Roughly what will we be starting in GMT?. And can I change my name to Kendrick Rabine. (thankyou random name generator)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7