Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 224913 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1935 on: November 17, 2011, 11:13:52 am »

so how long will your story thing be?

Spoiler: :O (click to show/hide)

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: November 17, 2011, 11:19:00 am »

I wouldn't mind being a pony if it meant I got to live in Equestria. I'd personally rather stay human, though (unless I got to be a unicorn. I'd learn my ass some real powerful magic or something.).
Nothing important here, move along.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: November 17, 2011, 11:23:21 am »

*would be a pegasus*

It's not like unicorns have a monopoly on magic. Pegasi and earth ponies just use their magic passively... well mostly. The sonic rainboom for example definitely isn't rooted in physics, nor is it really a passive ability. I suspect any pegasus or earth pony with a strong handle on their abilities can control their magic (see: wonderbolt cloud trails).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: November 17, 2011, 11:25:48 am »

I have a good motto for any deals involving myself being polymorphed.

Murphy's law also applies to polymorphing.

So, yeah, maybe you will get sent to Equestria. But there is a chance that you will get sent into the Hell dimension in Event Horizon. Maybe you will be a pony, but there is another chance you might end up as a mind-breaking abomination. Maybe you will get normal magic as a unicorn, but what if you end up with magic that makes you Alex Mercer or maybe a walking wasteland? I don't wanna take those chances.

I would not be a pony. I would come as a human, have an escape route and make sure that I haven't ended up in a dark Silent Hill-esque reflection of the real Equestria or something like that.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: November 17, 2011, 11:30:30 am »

Pegasus. Also, time for shameless self-promotion. 5-star it for imaginary candy.  :P

Hey, that story you have all been BOMBARDING COMMENTS WITH for the last month finally has a new chapter. I hope you're happy.

*Flying Dice has not updated for nearly a month. Last comment on story post was written by Flying Dice on October 27, 22 days ago.*

Oh Seth, you vicious scoundrel.

So yeah, post some stuff on the comments on EqD as well. Preferably making fun of me.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: November 17, 2011, 11:31:31 am »

I'd like to be a mind-breaking abomination, actually. Nobody would mess with me, because even looking my way would fry their eyes.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: November 17, 2011, 11:33:52 am »

Yeah, but I thought you wanted to go to Equestria not be feared, but to have friends? I mean, there isn't much of a point of specifically wanting to go to Equestria if not for the ponies. How can you have friends when you drive people crazy in the most literal fashion? Plus, if I had a gun and you had a gun as a pony, would be able to shoot first?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: November 17, 2011, 11:38:01 am »

If I was a mind-breaking abomination I severely doubt I'd end up in Equestria. If I had the misfortune of being a mind-breaking abomination in Equestria I'd hide in some cave and put up warning signs. If anyone entered anyway they'd pretty much earn their fate.

Maybe Celestia or Luna would eventually come save me or put me out if my misery.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: November 17, 2011, 11:41:09 am »

Ah, but what about the crushing loneliness and the lack of any way of communicating without visual reference? You'd go mad.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: November 17, 2011, 11:42:26 am »

Oh, dearest Fniff. Couldn't you tell?

I already am mad.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: November 17, 2011, 11:44:08 am »

Or ask you to join them. The simple fact of immortality implies cosmic horror, because anything with a few dozen millenia of memories is either going to be insane and have a bunch of split personalities because their brain is incapable of storing all that data, or will have a brain-meltingly massive mental form, if they managed to figure out how to store memories as energy, or in a pocket universe or something. So if anypony ever actually came into contact with Luna or Celestia without the protection of interpretation through their physical forms, their head would probably explode.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: November 17, 2011, 11:47:55 am »

Alternately, perhaps the princesses just figured out how to compress memory more efficiently than our normal brains can, and they're able to store that level of information in the confines of their brain.

Besides, we've never actually seen a brain get filled to capacity. As long as input isn't too much, the brain seems to be capable of a hell of a lot of storage.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: November 17, 2011, 11:48:57 am »

i made a conversation! :D

i would like to be a pony in Equestria even if i were mortal, i would jsut like to have a very long lifespan, and it would be cool cause of magic and that and ALL! most of the ponies are awesome, EVEN Derpy Hooves who is funny

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: November 17, 2011, 12:04:37 pm »

I've got some notes towards my own conversion bureau fic. breaks a couple rules, handwaved by it being a bit of an emergency transformation in the early days of the setting.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: November 17, 2011, 12:08:01 pm »

If I was a mind-breaking abomination I severely doubt I'd end up in Equestria. If I had the misfortune of being a mind-breaking abomination in Equestria I'd hide in some cave and put up warning signs. If anyone entered anyway they'd pretty much earn their fate.

Maybe Celestia or Luna would eventually come save me or put me out if my misery.

Well, you probably wouldn't be so lonely if you break a few adventuress ponies... hey.. if you get lucky 1 or 2 might not run away and not waste away in the madness.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 153