Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 224786 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1740 on: November 15, 2011, 12:18:06 am »

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: November 15, 2011, 12:34:57 am »

Yeah, they've both been posted a lot. Nothing wrong with putting them up every now and then, either.

I think this one fits better.

Don't kill me.

Well, headcanon says RD = bi (and apparently so does the collective population of shipfic writers), so I won't be the one to do it.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: November 15, 2011, 12:48:27 am »

My opinion on the matter is a resounding "meh". I've no predilections (or whatever the word is) for or against this sort of thing, I just like RD's character as shown.

So yeah, I won't kill you either. Well, yet anyway...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: November 15, 2011, 01:04:40 am »

My opinion on the matter is a resounding "meh". I've no predilections (or whatever the word is) for or against this sort of thing, I just like RD's character as shown.

So yeah, I won't kill you either. Well, yet anyway...

Isn't TBP the one who is supposed to say that?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: November 15, 2011, 01:06:30 am »

Well he's not here, so I'm filling in for him. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: November 15, 2011, 01:12:37 am »

Meh, some things have been ingrained to just be... 'right' thanks to excessive and/or quality fanon.

Probably the only fanon shipping that I can get behind is the whole Lyra/Bon Bon thing...  Though, I have no problems with the mane 6 being either bi or les, but yea... the shipping stuff for them I really just ignore.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: November 15, 2011, 01:16:37 am »

I don't do shipping period.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: November 15, 2011, 01:24:27 am »

I will ship anyone and everyone if I think it would work. Even if it conflicts with my other ships. In my opinion, they all have their own merits. (For example, I'll quite happily ship Twilight/Whooves, Twilight/Trixie, Twilight/Big Mac or even Twilight/Library if I feel particularly silly.)
くコ:彡

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: November 15, 2011, 01:36:42 am »

I have few to no predispositions so any character can be any combo of sexuality and I wouldn't bat an eye (though TBH rainbow strikes me as particularly straight). Some people get really offended though when RD is considered gay, heh.

It's all in good fun, anyway~
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: November 15, 2011, 01:37:17 am »

So what is the motivation for shipping anyway?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: November 15, 2011, 01:41:12 am »

Same as the motivations for any other form of story. You may as well be asking what's the motivation for adventure, or horror, or whatever.

The answer is catharsis. Experience emotions by proxy, pretty much.

Potentially relevant: I wonder if this still counts as "by proxy." Seems like visual novels without the visuals.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 01:43:20 am by kaijyuu »

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: November 15, 2011, 02:17:54 am »

Going through the thread is harder than I expected because I find links with huge/lots of stories behind them that weren't even posted, not even partially, in the thread, but are still stories/art by forumites on ponies. For example, Argembarger's  dA account and Dsarker's Warhammer 40k crossover.
So, if any of you regularly active in this thread have any MLP: FiM fanfics, could you please put them in one file each? I'd prefer .rtf because .doc is really... unwieldy. Trying to hunt all of these down on fimfiction or EqD is a real pain in the ass. I'll probably go through Argembarger's stuff myself, but Dsarker's right here, so no excuses! :P

Also, there's one question which most of you probably missed because of this thread being crazy active yesterday.

Also, I'm kind of contemplating what to add. I've found a rather large post by Zangi on Equestrian Warfare which isn't a fanfic at all and isn't even written from an in-universe standpoint.
There are also Akhier's first impressions on the episodes which are rather amusing to read.

I dunno, should I add these?

Edit: Oh yeah, I also found Dsarker's "basic script" of his My Little Warhammer 40k fanfic. I don't know if anything ever came from that script. If it did, I probably won't add the script, but as it stands, it's pretty interesting.
I now know of the My Little Warhammer fic, so ignore that edit. Unless you want the script to be added to the Bay12 Anthology of Pony regardless?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: November 15, 2011, 02:20:00 am »

Go ahead.

Anyway, latest WIP for my continuation of the fic.

Rarity kept her vigil. The cyan pegasus slept under her watch. She doubted that the guardspony even knew she was there. Rarity watched her like a hawk. Ever since the incident, she ha-

She knew she was there. What had told her, she couldn't say, but she knew she was there. Rarity was already moving, already yelling for backup. But she knew it was futile. Before the Eversor would have gotten this close, the guards would be long dead. 

Dash woke at the sound, and tried to get up. But she was still groggy. 

The singsong voice came. 

"Heya fillies! Pinkie is here for you!"

Dash was clear thinking now, and the terror in her face was evident. The echoing of the hoofsteps ....

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: November 15, 2011, 02:25:09 am »

Go ahead.

Anyway, latest WIP for my continuation of the fic.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, this is a continuation of this part?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm sorry, but I really have too many of your fanfics to go through to reliably guess where to put that part.

Edit: Also, I'd like at least a WIP name.
Edit2: Scratch that, just read it for the first time, I'm just gonna call it "Some fucked up Pinkie Pie shit".
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:37:12 am by MC Dirty »

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #1754 on: November 15, 2011, 03:40:05 am »

This is totally gay, and I wrote it to be as shocking as possible

Seriously, it's very gay.

edit: Yeah, I'll post it elsewhere.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:55:49 am by kaenneth »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 153