Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 224804 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #765 on: November 03, 2011, 12:10:40 pm »

More background pony fans need that attitude, penguin :D

I agree. I'll always call her Carrot Top, but guess what? The toy doesn't force me to call her Golden Shower Harvest. How do I acquire one of these things?
Go into a dark bathroom, fog up the mirrors with hot water, and say "Carrot Top" three times.

Sacrifice black rams for maximum effect.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 03, 2011, 04:00:12 pm »

Anyone know any Australian shops selling pony stuff?

There's nothing in any of the major stores, as far as I can tell.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 03, 2011, 04:48:12 pm »

Hey, you! Have you had your daily dose of d'awwwwww?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now look at the position she's in and guess why she's blushing.

BAM! And the d'awww is gone!
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 03, 2011, 05:06:59 pm »

You are terrible.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 03, 2011, 05:15:17 pm »

I try.

Also, for those wondering what Luna would have looked liked after Rarity's makeover...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 03, 2011, 05:23:29 pm »

Very pretty, although one has to wonder how Rarity would manage to get her to this state. Spraypaint? Dye vat? Pinkie DNA splice?

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 03, 2011, 05:23:41 pm »

Maybe she's hiding a bruise?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 03, 2011, 05:45:40 pm »

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 03, 2011, 05:50:04 pm »

You're missing the important part of that - Celestia is now white again!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 03, 2011, 05:51:35 pm »

Hrm, that's true! Baby steps I suppose.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 03, 2011, 06:07:08 pm »

Hey, you! Have you had your daily dose of d'awwwwww?[/size]
Now look at the position she's in and guess why she's blushing.

BAM! And the d'awww is gone!

Nope, the d'awww is still there.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 03, 2011, 06:12:50 pm »

You're missing the important part of that - Celestia is now white again!
Not very white though. She's still more than a little pink, especially noticeable in her wings. She could still be pink, just flooded out with light to appear whiter. I mean, compare her to Rarity or Sweetie Belle, who are technically white (well, off-white in the show, but whatever).

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 03, 2011, 06:14:24 pm »

Celestia has a tinge of pink in the show, too. Not as pink as those wings, but barring some not-so-great scanning it looks like they (mostly) fixed her colors.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 03, 2011, 07:25:58 pm »

That is all. Everyone is overreacting "OH NOES, Pinkie Pie actually never broke the fourth wall!" But that is just wrong. Look at the ending of "Swarm Of The Century" or "Friendship Is Magic Part 2" or Pinkie Pie's cupcake song. She very clearly breaks the fourth wall.
There are many ways to break the fourth wall without ever looking at the fourth wall, so that actually changes nothing at all.

Pinkie Pie is obviously aware. If the animators are denying it, they're either lying or as was said earlier in the thread, she's genuinely a conscious entity as is manifesting into this reality.

People like to talk about her looking into the camera, manipulating the iris, etc. But there are things she does that are so subtle that I've only noticed them because I was freeze-framing through scenes taking screenshots.

I've mentioned this before, but for example:

That's during a roughly quarter-second zoom out, after Discord transports Twilight and himself back in time to show her his riddle. Pinkie is looking right at them when they show up, even though they're faded to imply that they're invisible, and standing way behind everyone. Pinkie sees them, blinks, and then looks forward to where everyone else is focusing on the present-time Discord talking.

She knew. And she didn't say a word.

It was an impulse reaction. Your eyes naturally track motion. She knew they appeared, so she looked. Then realized she wasn't supposed to be looking at them so she played along.

Pinkie Pie is totally aware.

So next time Pinkie Pie smiles at you, smile back at her. Wish her well. She might just hear you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 03, 2011, 07:27:52 pm »

Pinkie Pie is a metaphysical god. Kinda like Discord except she hides it.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 153