Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 224571 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #375 on: October 25, 2011, 07:04:54 pm »

New story idea - doctor disects a pony...

While it's still alive.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 25, 2011, 07:06:05 pm »

Hm.

Right. Let's assume that you are going to erase the possibility of accidentally shooting a totally sentient pony. Skin the pony alive, burn the flesh. Or make it into coats and suits, and sell it to high class people. I mean, a fur-suit made out of pegasus wings or cutie marks would be quite the money-bringer. You could make a pretty damn good business out of it, now that I think about it. You get rid of the body, you get money from it... It's not foolproof, but you could get enough to get a damn fine lawyer for your case.
Still wouldn't protect you from a lynching. Y'know, for good old "friendship and compassion" cause.

edit:

edit2: on second thought, I best not mention it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:07:43 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 25, 2011, 07:06:25 pm »

While it's still alive.
No.
Just... no.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 25, 2011, 07:08:21 pm »

Psychotic or normal? Doctors are actually okay people if you get to know them unless they have gone totally around the bend. I doubt even the most heartless prick of a doctor would actually let a pony live during the operation without anesthetic or a mercy-kill.

Hm.

Right. Let's assume that you are going to erase the possibility of accidentally shooting a totally sentient pony. Skin the pony alive, burn the flesh. Or make it into coats and suits, and sell it to high class people. I mean, a fur-suit made out of pegasus wings or cutie marks would be quite the money-bringer. You could make a pretty damn good business out of it, now that I think about it. You get rid of the body, you get money from it... It's not foolproof, but you could get enough to get a damn fine lawyer for your case.
Still wouldn't protect you from a lynching. Y'know, for good old "friendship and compassion" cause.

Uh, let's see the bronies get past my highly well trained, extremely well armed and numerous mercenaries who constantly follow me. ;D

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 25, 2011, 07:11:49 pm »

Psychotic or normal? Doctors are actually okay people if you get to know them unless they have gone totally around the bend. I doubt even the most heartless prick of a doctor would actually let a pony live during the operation without anesthetic or a mercy-kill.

Hm.

Uh, let's see the bronies get past my highly well trained, extremely well armed and numerous mercenaries who constantly follow me. ;D

Mildly psychotic.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 25, 2011, 07:12:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 25, 2011, 07:12:58 pm »

While it's still alive.

I don't know what I'm more disturbed by - the idea or the fact that I know the proper term for that procedure off the top of my head.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 25, 2011, 07:58:21 pm »

Honestly, there's a lot of cases where doctors have to do stuff that would sort of fit that description IRL. It's not a full autopsy though, and it's usually done under some kind of anesthesia.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 25, 2011, 08:40:03 pm »

Honestly, I think the pony system is heliocentric, and the moon is somehow stabilized so that it doesn't orbit, and remains on the far side of the planet from the sun at all times. When Celestia/Luna raise the sun/moon, they are triggering half of a rotation around the axis. This also nicely explains how NMM would 'bring eternal darkness' to Equestria: she would move the moon 180 degrees around the planet, permanently eclipsing the sun. Yes, it isn't "total" darkness, but for somepony who has never seen an eclipse before...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 25, 2011, 08:44:14 pm »

That's...actually an interesting idea. It makes you wonder how the timing worked for the ponies to save the world at sunrise, though. They weren't in the Everfree Forest that long, were they?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 25, 2011, 08:48:52 pm »

That's...actually an interesting idea. It makes you wonder how the timing worked for the ponies to save the world at sunrise, though. They weren't in the Everfree Forest that long, were they?

IIRC Nightmare Moon had already plunged the world into eternal darkness; when Celestia was freed from the Sun, she began the process of moving the moon back into the proper position, creating a false sunrise as it slowly became visible again. By the time they're all back in Ponyville, the moon has been moved and the lighting is back to normal.

3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 25, 2011, 08:53:09 pm »

I guess seeing the sun emerge over the horizon was a trick of the eye, then? Or some other half-assed explanation?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 25, 2011, 08:56:14 pm »

If you look at the horizon during episode 2, it looks a lot more like pre-dawn than night time. The stars are still out but it's pretty bright Compare it to say, Nightmare Night's sky.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 25, 2011, 09:05:03 pm »

I guess seeing the sun emerge over the horizon was a trick of the eye, then? Or some other half-assed explanation?

I didn't remember correctly.  :P

So yeah, they spent all night wandering around in the forest. Seems reasonable, and it isn't like they would show us every moment of the entire night.

3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 25, 2011, 09:08:26 pm »

Finally done voting on those shirts. That was painful.

Oh and Scratch? Sorry, but your shirt got one upped in awesome.

I'd love both though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 153