Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 224365 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #555 on: October 27, 2011, 05:24:44 am »

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:26:17 am by Dsarker »
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 27, 2011, 05:50:49 am »

Leave it to the Bay12 forumgoers to turn cute magical ponies into a renewable source for a profitable second-hand organ trading business.

* Sean Mirrsen shakes his head in a sad reverie.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:53:06 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 27, 2011, 05:55:54 am »

I assume you can tell who the six adults and three adolescents apprehended were, right? ;)
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 27, 2011, 06:06:11 am »

I can even tell who AA1 is, though not the other escapee.

If I ever get my avatar's power, I'm quarantining every AU you had so much as contemplated, ever.

On an unrelated note, can somebody recommend me a few good MLP:FiM fanfics that can be said to accurately or even plausibly convey the characters of the M6? Being something of an unsocial and unemotional person with a somewhat flimsy grasp of the finer parts of English vocabulary, I'm having trouble conveying... well, anything, in text, especially dialogue, because normally I don't experience the things I would want to describe.

Since for the next Goblin's Friend project some of our writers are not participating, I fear I might have to take a part in the writing as well, so I'll need reference material that I can align my writing to.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:08:46 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 27, 2011, 06:28:56 am »

Really?

Who is αa1, then? :P

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 27, 2011, 06:29:56 am »

I assume that includes the AU where the ponies come to earth and solve everything and the entire thing ends happily?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 27, 2011, 06:38:15 am »

Actually, now that I look at it again, you may be referring to a fic I didn't read. (That wouldn't be surprising, I hardly read any MLP fiction at all)
Nevertheless, all other things disregarded, of the ponies I've seen only Pinkie could pull off such a Captain Obvious moment as "I'm out" and "I'm not dead".

Imagining ponies as nigh-unkillable ever-cheery abominations of nature certainly helps distancing from the source of the crossover, btw.

And yes, just to be on the safe side.
To clarify, that simply entails reparenting the relevant multiverse branches to a controlled virtual sub-universe, so that anyone attempting to view or enter the universes in question would hit a metaphorical brick wall. Unfortunately, the process will only be effective after you're dead, so I might have to wait a while.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 27, 2011, 06:41:30 am »

Oh, that's not Pinkie Pie.

That's old AJ. Pinkie was the other one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 27, 2011, 06:45:52 am »

Well, that just shows how good of a judge of character I am, doesn't it? :)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 27, 2011, 06:47:13 am »

Well, who is the Element of Honesty? :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 27, 2011, 06:48:44 am »

The Element of Honesty has an accent. Also, your notes said "one male and one female of each species", so unless you were drawing from an AU where half the M6 are Spear Counterparts...

edit: also, I read your notes wrong. Confusing, your text sometimes is. Still, they do seem to be of comparable age, so splitting them between "three females of each species" and "three adolescents" is a little odd.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:52:10 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 27, 2011, 07:00:19 am »

Okay. So as to understand:

Diary entries are made at the time. This is still early times in pony-human relations. They think that they're all pairs of both genders, but they don't really know.

Annotations to the entries are made post-war. They've got a hell of a lot more knowledge, and they now know how to differentiate sexually between them.

Camera transcriptions are made post-war but don't have all of the events. This is basically a dossier on the experiment.

So, for example, if the camera transcripts were telling you that pony A had butchered people, but the diary said that the pony didn't.... Well..

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 27, 2011, 07:16:09 am »

Spoiler: Taster v0.1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 07:19:33 am by Dsarker »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 27, 2011, 07:24:01 am »

So far, excepting that you seem to be forging yet another crapsack world, I can see nothing interesting. SCP, Secure and Contain the Ponies?

And please, do remind me not to mention any more crossover ideas in your presence. You seem to be doing a pretty good job without my help.

On a, now completely, unrelated note, I'm still waiting for someone to recommend me some good fiction. Preferably not conceived or directed by Dsarker.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 07:28:42 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 27, 2011, 07:28:41 am »

Well, I'm experimenting with different ways of story telling. Right now I'm going for unreliable sources and lots of them. Letting the audience piece together the story from the scattered parts I give them.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 153