Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 224928 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1905 on: November 17, 2011, 06:54:01 am »

has anypony seen any awesome MLP stories/pictures lately?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 17, 2011, 07:04:58 am »

Fun idea for fanfiction.

Mane six go to a little known country named Russmare on a diplomatic mission to make friends! Then it turns out that Russmare is a Soviet dictatorship with a huge fantasy of killing everyone in Equestria and extremely advanced technology, up to and including nuclear weapons. Then a civil war breaks out between two sides who equally hate Equestria in different ways and what little order remained is completely gone. The Mane Six have to escape Russmare and warn Celestia before any of the two sides start a war against Equestria using their highly advanced technology. Gets worse from there, ends with one pony surviving, the rest being broken before killed horribly.
Ever so cheerful, eh? So what happens then? One pony survives, the rest are killed horribly, and then? Assuming one pony does make it to Celestia and tells her the others were murdered... how is that supposed to stop the war? Especially considering it's not just any five dead ponies. Technology or no, highly advanced or no, Equestria will rise in just anger to strike the first blow against Russmare in righteous vengeance - considering Equestria is supposed to be a utopian version of the US, this is anything but far-fetched. Russmare, being a pastiche of Russia (or more accurately, Soviet Union), will likely put up quite a big fight, perhaps everything boiling down to an exchange of magical and technological WMD's... and that's how Fallout:Equestria was made. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 17, 2011, 07:19:07 am »

Fun idea for fanfiction.

Mane six go to a little known country named Russmare on a diplomatic mission to make friends! Then it turns out that Russmare is a Soviet dictatorship with a huge fantasy of killing everyone in Equestria and extremely advanced technology, up to and including nuclear weapons. Then a civil war breaks out between two sides who equally hate Equestria in different ways and what little order remained is completely gone. The Mane Six have to escape Russmare and warn Celestia before any of the two sides start a war against Equestria using their highly advanced technology. Gets worse from there, ends with one pony surviving, the rest being broken before killed horribly.
Ever so cheerful, eh? So what happens then? One pony survives, the rest are killed horribly, and then? Assuming one pony does make it to Celestia and tells her the others were murdered... how is that supposed to stop the war? Especially considering it's not just any five dead ponies. Technology or no, highly advanced or no, Equestria will rise in just anger to strike the first blow against Russmare in righteous vengeance - considering Equestria is supposed to be a utopian version of the US, this is anything but far-fetched. Russmare, being a pastiche of Russia (or more accurately, Soviet Union), will likely put up quite a big fight, perhaps everything boiling down to an exchange of magical and technological WMD's... and that's how Fallout:Equestria was made. :P
Eeeeh, it's more of a matter of giving prep time then actually stopping anything... I mean, would you rather be taken by surprise or know when they are going to strike? The point of telling them was that Russmare was preparing an invasion force, got sidetracked by a civil war and the winning side got all the technology and feels like continuing what the original country started.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 07:20:42 am by Fniff »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: November 17, 2011, 08:03:42 am »

I earnestly think that the fan community has thought up just about every way for the ponies to possibly die.

And as soon as I start typing this, I suddenly think up a fanfic where the main 6 find out that the Elements make them all immortal, so they all start trying to brutally murder each other for fun. I'm now trying to think up just what their mental justifications are, as well as who strikes the first blow.

I call a vote that we put the subtitle "now with 20% more fanfic" on the end of the title. All in favor?
Nothing important here, move along.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: November 17, 2011, 08:06:17 am »

Aye!

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: November 17, 2011, 08:15:45 am »

Aye. Although personally, it seems "Now with 20% more flying guts." would be more appropriate.

And I believe the "M6 are immortal due to Elements" has already been explored, in a way, in The Light Never Goes Out. They don't try to kill each other though, so you could create a sort of an Unreal Tournament crossover, if you want.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: November 17, 2011, 08:20:42 am »

no! 120% more guts and ponies!

Rip goat, more loli

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: November 17, 2011, 08:24:55 am »

Right, so now I need to think up ways for each mane 6 member to die in this Russmare fanfic.

I already came up with one for Twilight!

Twilight: gets shot in the eye, bleeds out fifteen yards from Equestrian border.

Hm... Needs a certain... Addition...

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: November 17, 2011, 08:27:21 am »

umm, fluttershy gets runs ahead up a hill, she gets spotted and she gets scared, steps back falls off of a cliff and lands beside the rest of the party *splat*   *party: O_o "FLUTTERSHY" *vomit*

Rip goat, more loli

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 17, 2011, 08:31:50 am »

Got it. Each element dooms them.

Rarity: Burned alive. When trying to give supplies out to help the ponies, a group of rebels ask her politely to stop giving out supplies to the people and give it to them. When she refuses, the rebels take all the supplies, tie her to a chair and leave her in a burning building.
Rainbow Dash: Tortured to death while refusing to tell the location of her friends to the government.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: November 17, 2011, 08:32:31 am »

no! 120% more guts and ponies!
Yeah, 120% more pony guts. I'm no longer even sure we have a single writer here that hasn't written about some pony being horribly murdered and/or mutilated. Well, myself excluded, but I can only be called a "writer" in the same sense that a Lada can be called a car. I did make a tyrannosaurus/dragon munch on a Fluttershy, but that was tiny, spur-of-the-moment, and a drawing. ;D

I'd give you some ideas, Fniff, but I've decided that I'm through giving you people ideas. At least as far as your little "side projects" are concerned.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 17, 2011, 08:35:09 am »

ponies have guts? but they get scared often

Rip goat, more loli

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: November 17, 2011, 08:35:44 am »

Cooooome on! At least I'm not writing a Tyrant!Celestia story. Please? Just one idea.... :D

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 17, 2011, 08:44:16 am »

i gave you one

and idea how?

Rip goat, more loli

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: November 17, 2011, 08:47:15 am »

Dammit, I can't figure how Fluttershy gets killed and remain to the theme of "The Elements Of Harmony mean crap."
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 153