Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 224898 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1845 on: November 16, 2011, 03:15:33 pm »

You can always just write the ponies as part of the fanon (read:/tg/) space marine chapters like the Angry Marines, Reasonable Marines (most likely branch) or Pretty Marines (what Rarity would be if she played 40k and was forced into being part of the Imperium).
Nothing important here, move along.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: November 16, 2011, 03:17:16 pm »

Applejack as an Obstinate Marine.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: November 16, 2011, 03:18:55 pm »

Just read Binky Pie and it's... pretty awesome! It's a Discworld x MLP:FiM crossover and since I love both and this fanfic is fairly well written, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
In short, Pinkie is the granddaugther of Death's horse Binky and joins Death as an assistant. Hijinks, hilarity and cake ensue.

Edit: Also, I've just noticed that Argembarger is OFFICIALLY FAMOUS!!! Well, not really, but his fanfic "the spiderses" has an article on TVTropes.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:25:42 pm by MC Dirty »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: November 16, 2011, 03:28:39 pm »

Yes, I loved it too. I'm avidly awaiting the next chapter.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 16, 2011, 03:40:49 pm »

Now, Dsarker, don't lynch me for this. My total knowledge of the Warhammer 40K universe comes from me admiring the models and whatever I happen to dredge up on the wiki. If it's bad enough, the Chaos Gods did it :p

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is why I was nervous about writing a WH40K fic in the first place; I have no idea what the hell I'm doing :p

While we're linking good fanfiction:
Monster Mash is a hilarious and well-written collection of supernatural stories set in Equestria.
Caramel's Light is a cute shipping story, if you're into that kind of thing.
U-Harmony is a parody of online dating services, also well-written and hilarious.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: November 16, 2011, 03:41:56 pm »

Here's a quote about how Space Marines face their end.

Less than twenty Space Marines remained. Heroism the likes of which Learchus had only read about in history had kept them alive for nearly fourty minutes, but the end was drawing near. Horrified men of the Guard watched the Space Marines' last stand from the District Sextus wall, unable to help them. Learchus would not have wanted their help anyway.

This was a glorious battle, a fitting way for any servant of the Emperor to meet his end. He and Chaplain Astador fought back-to-back, killing aliens with ferocity and skill.

A mound of alien corpses surrounded the Space Marines, hundreds deep, and the shrinking ring of fighting warriors stood atop the mound, battling like heroes of legend.

Another warrior fell, dragged down by alien claws and Learchus felt the spirit of the martyr move within him. As he hacked down another hisssing beast, he began to sing, a rousing hymnal from the dawn of the Imperium, a battle song to stir the hearts of all who heard it.

Astador joined him and soon every one of the Space Marines was raising their voices to the heavens in praise of the Emperor as the tyranids closed in for the kill.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: November 16, 2011, 03:57:48 pm »

EVERYONE, dump links to your favorite fanfics! That way, you can just bookmark one of the posts and find a lot of very good fanfics in its immediate vicinity.

6 Angry Mares - It's 12 Angry Men x My Little Pony. It stays fairly true to both originals and is quite powerful.
Memory - I've just posted this a few pages ago, but it bears repeating. It's so good. Also, it's a sadfic.
A Million Things To Do - Pinkie says the world will end tomorrow, so she does all the things she has always wanted to do. Funny at parts and a really good, rather serious ending.
the spiderses - omglol diz is liek da bset stoyr evar!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: November 16, 2011, 04:08:52 pm »

I second the Thessalonica Legacy. Mechwarriors and ponies do work pretty well together, who woulda thunk it?

On a related note, I just read My Little Dashie. I can't say I didn't cry at all - but I guess I did it at the wrong times. Didn't quite feel the sadness in the end - barriers getting in the way again. I did feel happy for the protagonist improving his life through the experience - tiny tears of joy do count for a sadfic, right?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 16, 2011, 04:09:51 pm »

Here's all the fanfictions I've read:
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: November 16, 2011, 04:10:21 pm »

Here's all the fanfictions I've read:
Whoah, that's quite the list. How do you find time to track them all?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: November 16, 2011, 04:12:12 pm »

I somehow manage.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 16, 2011, 04:16:24 pm »

here's pretty much my fimfiction watchlist, minus the cloppy stuff.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/67/The-Ballad-of-Twilight-Sparkle
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1695/Nightfall-at-Sweet-Apple-Acres -this is a really sad one, except for pinkie's chapter.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/20/Antipodes -still working though it, but  great so far.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/706/Substitute-Harmony

Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 16, 2011, 04:19:35 pm »

Now, Dsarker, don't lynch me for this. My total knowledge of the Warhammer 40K universe comes from me admiring the models and whatever I happen to dredge up on the wiki. If it's bad enough, the Chaos Gods did it :p

This is why I was nervous about writing a WH40K fic in the first place; I have no idea what the hell I'm doing :p

Easy way.

Learn the weapons, learn two groups of Imperials, and one group of enemies.

One group of the Imperials is your protagonist group. They're basically perfect, with maybe one or two flaws. Second group is your cannon fodder and borderline heretical group. If they're Space Marines, they do strange rituals and don't follow the codex astartes/follow it too much/another variation. If they're Guard, they're untrained, cowards, and badly equipped, or elitist, rich, smug noble bastards. Your heroes don't like them much, and can only stand them because they're both servants of the Emperor. Second group either betrays the protagonists and gets beaten soundly, or reforms and becomes more like the protagonists.

Enemy attacks. Good guys fight them off.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 153