Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 224847 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1815 on: November 16, 2011, 06:31:47 am »

Yes, you have, and what are the PPC?

Forgot to answer this. The PPC are the Protectors of the Plot Continuum and their... reports, on "clearing" certain "damaged" pieces of fanfiction make a fairly interesting read.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: November 16, 2011, 06:33:43 am »

I'm having trouble writing. I don't want to write any more grim dark, but that's all I can think of.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: November 16, 2011, 06:47:03 am »

Writer's block?

Well, like I said, you've already outdone yourself on the grimdark side, the upcoming parts in the sequel are more of an upward curve (a slow one, but still). You could at least try. I believe since you were the one, er, "handling" Rarity, you could take the first day section of Friends Indeed? Or perhaps since you don't like Rarity, take someone else instead? I'd try and make an event framework or a draft for it, but other than for the sections for Fluttershy and Twilight, I've got no ideas. Handling psychological damage and relevant characterization dynamics are things I'm probably the most distant from of everything else covered in the fic.

Or wait, darn second language. Hm. You can't think of anything but grimdark, and you don't want to write grimdark? A conundrum there, aye.. especially seeing as we don't really need grimdark anymore.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:51:03 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: November 16, 2011, 06:54:17 am »

I honestly haven't even been thinking about our sequel much. If anything, I'd be doing Frieden and Sweetie Belle. I don't know Rarity's character very well, and I don't know how she'd react to losing everything she loved.

I'm going to be unable to do much over the next four or five days. Got relatives visiting.

Well, relative and fiance visiting.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: November 16, 2011, 07:06:31 am »

Ah, so third day, then. Arrighty. I'm going to try and pester Impending some more. Maybe get him to post whatever he's got so we have at least something to work with if a major miracle happens and we actually go for Phase 3. In the meantime, I suppose getting Plan B together is more important than illustrations, for the second part especially, so I'll go over everything we have so far (just look at these shiny new shields... I'll miss them) and try to weed out anything the PPC, if they were doing a mission on the fic, might have found attention-worthy, that isn't part of the premise. Also, Goblin's Friend Roll Call! Get back into our main thread, we have a week-old Google doc and there is writing to be done! Are ye dwarves or wamblers?

(Well, I figure someone has to coordinate the efforts. The writing team's falling apart! I blame Skyrim again. ninja edit: And yes, that too.)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: November 16, 2011, 07:10:23 am »

Yes, you have, and what are the PPC?

Forgot to answer this. The PPC are the Protectors of the Plot Continuum and their... reports, on "clearing" certain "damaged" pieces of fanfiction make a fairly interesting read.

I'm protected via the classic Warhammer Continuity clause.

In layman's terms, it says that everything and anything that doesn't obey canon, doesn't make sense, directly contradicts another source, misrepresents a character, or likewise, is merely propaganda, badly recorded history, mutated via oral tradition, was pure myth and legend, or was a plot by the Chaos Gods.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: November 16, 2011, 07:21:26 am »

Well, like I said, straight-up crossover universes aren't usually their jurisdiction. I'm just going to need their help - can you imagine how freaking many branches a typical 'verse can spawn in a day, let alone a few decades? Cropping a tree that size is going to be a fairly huge amount of work, so I'll need a staff. Even if all they'll be able to do is take out the minute-rate microbranches, that's still a mighty chunk off the energy required to reparent the source 'verse.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: November 16, 2011, 07:36:25 am »

Straight up 40k universes are no-one's jurisdiction. They've got a race that can literally do anything it thinks it should be able to, including firing guns that don't have any ammunition in them or breathing in space. Even living when their head has been cut off.

The gun that is the weakest is still automatic firing and can blow meter holes in concrete. Several beings are playing chess with the entire universe, and several of them are constantly rewriting the rules to give an advantage where they see fit.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: November 16, 2011, 07:38:46 am »

Well, like I said, straight-up crossover universes aren't usually their jurisdiction. I'm just going to need their help - can you imagine how freaking many branches a typical 'verse can spawn in a day, let alone a few decades? Cropping a tree that size is going to be a fairly huge amount of work, so I'll need a staff. Even if all they'll be able to do is take out the minute-rate microbranches, that's still a mighty chunk off the energy required to reparent the source 'verse.

This is relevant to my interests.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: November 16, 2011, 07:40:56 am »

Oh no.

Let me guess. Shipping universes now? It'd be an amazing satirical piece, I must say.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: November 16, 2011, 07:43:36 am »

That seems to be the main source of canon breaking in the MLP-verse :p

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: November 16, 2011, 07:45:35 am »

I'm just imagining it now.

"Oooh.." cried My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, as Warhammer gallantly caught her before she fell. "I could never let that happen, my sweet," he began.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: November 16, 2011, 07:46:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: November 16, 2011, 07:55:28 am »

They may be in no-one's jurisdiction, but that doesn't mean they're outside anyone's reach. Any universe that makes my brain, or any other vital organ hurt from just glancing at it, is fair game in my book. ;) Especially if it's just a branch 'verse.

Also, wow. Shipping universes? That's new. I suspect the term "Big Bang" will inevitably be used.

Also, this picture is relevant to another kind of universe shipping:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:17:44 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 153