Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 224742 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1755 on: November 15, 2011, 03:50:07 am »

So what is the motivation for shipping anyway?

Personally I see there being two distinct forms of shipping fanfics.

First there's the romantic relationship, an exploration of the emotions and uncertainties of affection between friends that could potentially turn into more. Usually no more explicit than a typical Hollywood romantic comedy movie.

Then there's the clopfic, or lemon fic to use a generic ficwriter term that doesn't apply to just MLP. Usually explicit and focused on the physical sexual act rather than emotion or relationship building and character development, it's more an opportunity to express and visualize a sexual fantasy with one or more characters in a series.

Generally speaking it takes more talent to write good romance than lemon, and you'll receive more recognition for your work too.

Also kaenneth, while I respect your right to freedom of expression I'd suggest your fic violates the forum rules and you'd be better off linking it to an offsite location instead. Pastebin's an easy alternative.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: November 15, 2011, 03:50:43 am »

This is totally gay, and I wrote it to be as shocking as possible

Seriously, it's very gay.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've seen gayer, though not quite as... uncomfortable as that one.
くコ:彡

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: November 15, 2011, 03:55:28 am »

I must say, the only romance I've read/watched is Faramir and Eöwyn in book 6 of the Lord of the Rings.

Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: November 15, 2011, 03:56:34 am »

Go ahead.

Anyway, latest WIP for my continuation of the fic.

So, this is a continuation of this part?
I'm sorry, but I really have too many of your fanfics to go through to reliably guess where to put that part.

Edit: Also, I'd like at least a WIP name.
Edit2: Scratch that, just read it for the first time, I'm just gonna call it "Some fucked up Pinkie Pie shit".

I think you could call it My Little Warhammer: Friendship was HERESY!
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: November 15, 2011, 04:42:47 am »

Are you going to get RD killed by Pinkie again? I believe by this point it's pretty much the most cliche thing in MLP fanfiction.

Also, why is it that Pinkie is always the deranged murderer, anyway?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: November 15, 2011, 04:59:13 am »

Because it doesn't work with the others. Applejack is a classic Arbitrator, Twilight Sparkle is a powerful psyker, but that doesn't work with the eversor. Rarity had to be the Culexus/Callidus. Rainbow Dash doesn't fit the type, nor does Fluttershy, and I was pairing up Rainbow Dash with the same views as Applejack, which means she couldn't be the Eversor either. Fluttershy I was using for the half-insane psyker who was unusual in type.

So it had to be Pinkie.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 15, 2011, 05:07:38 am »

It only "had to be" inasmuch as you're determined to have one of the M6 killing the others. *glances around quickly for the definition of "eversor"* Hm. Well, you still could use a background character or an OC for the purpose.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 15, 2011, 05:10:18 am »

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Eversor_Temple#.TsI6IfFhiSM try this for a better answer.

Anyway, this is just a hypothetical side story I came up with because someone wanted to know what would happen after the death of Luna. Celestia, being the merciful fool she is, was trying to 'uncondition' Pinkie, who escaped.

Anyway, third part.

Rarity kept her vigil. The cyan pegasus slept under her watch. She doubted that the guardspony even knew she was there. Rarity watched her like a hawk. Ever since the incident, she ha-

She knew she was there. What had told her, she couldn't say, but she knew she was there. Rarity was already moving, already yelling for backup. But she knew it was futile. Before the Eversor would have gotten this close, the guards would be long dead. 

Dash woke at the sound, and tried to get up. But she was still groggy. 

The singsong voice came. 

"Heya fillies! Pinkie is here for you!"

Dash was clear thinking now, and the terror in her face was evident. The hoofsteps resounded through the building.  Rarity drew a pair of swords and tossed one to Dash. In a daze still, Dash caught it expertly and prepared to fight. 

The attack came without warning. Two knives were tossed through the air. Dash saw her doom approaching and tried to pray, but before she could even let a 'Please, Celestia, forgive me, and remember I am just a pony', Rarity's sword flashed and knocked them from the air. 

"I'm an assassin too, traitor. You'll not get us so easily," called Rarity. 

"Oh, that's good! Mica was only a bit of fun. You'll be a whole bundle!" came the reply. Rarity and Dash lifted their swords into the guard position. 

Pinkie came hurtling from above. Rarity lifted her sword up just in time and parried the attack, sending her to the ground. But Pinkie was quickly up again and attacking. Almost absent-mindedly, she sent two daggers flying Dash's way, just as her sword clashed with Rarity's. Dash tried to dodge them, but she missed one and it grazed her left foreleg. She winced, but moved to join Rarity in the fight. 

Rarity moved in a classic example of the art of the Culexus temple. Moving faster than could be thought possible, she swung her sword in a devastating series of attacks. 

All to no avail. Pinkie blocked them as deftly as if from an infant, and moved into her attacks. Rarity was just as quick as she was, and blocked them all.

All except one. She was grazed on the leg and fell down. She tried to lift herself up, but she couldn't move. She looked helplessly on as Pinkie grinned in childlike joy. Dash moved to try and protect her rapist from her enemy. But Pinkie had already killed her, disemboweling her so quickly she hadn't noticed.

Dash collapsed over her entrails, and the light of life left her eyes. Rarity watched helplessly as Pinkie left the room. She tried to speak, but even her mouth refused to obey her. She tried to cry, to weep, but her eyes were no longer hers.

She tried to breath.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 15, 2011, 05:42:24 am »

Ugh. Can you keep these things in spoilers? Please? I barely got my barriers up in time.
(good thing I tend to keep them charged, at least...)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: November 15, 2011, 05:57:14 am »

Hey. It's a post from me. That should be more than enough warning.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: November 15, 2011, 06:00:53 am »

Oh, so this is a WIP on your second MLP/Warhammer 40k crossover? Alright, I think I get it. But I think you should choose another name because it's too similar to the name of your first one.
I probably won't get around to doing anything related to the GREAT BAY12 ANTHOLOGY OF PONY STUFF today because I'm only home at about midnight or later, but I should probably be done with the second thread tomorrow evening or on Thursday.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: November 15, 2011, 06:02:07 am »

Well, it's a sequel to the first one.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 15, 2011, 06:03:29 am »

Well, I guess.
Also, what the hell, third part? The second part is a part of the third part, as it seems because the second part is
which is repeated at the beginning of the "third" part.
Or did I miss a part?

Why can't I get any clear answers in this thread? >_<

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: November 15, 2011, 06:07:30 am »

Second part was Pinkie killing Mica (Twilight Sparkle). First bit was Pinkie breaking loose.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: November 15, 2011, 06:14:19 am »

How about reposting that stuff or something? The Bay12Forums search is kind of derping around, so it's pretty useless for finding stuff.

Anyway, after going through the last 5 or so pages again, I've got it now.
Seriously, I don't really want to read your long posts because I want to be able to concentrate on stuff other than blood and gore for the rest of the day, so if you post story parts without any context or introductory text (like "Hey, second part of my Friendship is Heresy sequel" or even "2nd part of my WIP crossover") whatsoever, it's kind of hard to put all of it together.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 153