Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DungeonDoom, the Doom 3 mod.  (Read 838 times)

Huey

• Bay Watcher
  • If a tree kills in tha forest does it make a sound
    • View Profile
DungeonDoom, the Doom 3 mod.
« on: October 21, 2011, 03:57:59 pm »

Hello, fellow forum-goers!

So as the title says, this is about DungeonDoom. I have been playing this for a while, and I am now starting to get better at it. I tried to google this mod for info, but the main website is long since defunct, and the manual is less than useful. However, there is some stuff I need some advice for. The first is strange red wireframe commandos with assault rifles. I have yet to figure out a way to harm them, although I haven't bought the BFG yet either. I finally figured out how to kill those stupid mist clouds, yay for explosion areas, or that close range fire spell.

I have seen a shield in the shop that gave me dispel resistance, so can I assume that there may also be blind and confusion resistance out there as well? I noticed that the Silver Lady etc. can blind me when I am nowhere nearby or even looking at them, which is what I figured was going on the first few times.

Is the liches power to "drain memories" stealing my exp?

Anyway, here is a screenshot of the red commando, they are the current bane of my character's existance. A much better image to show you what I am fighting :)

So any tips or advice you can pass on to a confused Marine?

EDIT: So it turns out you can kill them! You just need to use splash damage to do it, which explains why I thought they were invincible. They are very tricky to kill without taking much damage, because they like to teleport around you, and direct hits with weapons fire goes right through them.

And their name in the game?  Why, virtual soldier of course.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:58:30 pm by Huey »
There's a question mark in the place of a spark
that used to be an answer
aiming straight for the heart but you missed the mark and
the arrow turned to cancer

Berekän

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DungeonDoom, the Doom 3 mod.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 04:47:41 pm »

A little blurry?

Huey

• Bay Watcher
  • If a tree kills in tha forest does it make a sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 09:01:53 pm »

Hehe, aim for the head is normally good advice. Avoiding is hard to do, because they chase and use teleportation. Am now starting to see archviles, revenants and other nasties as well, so that's fun :)
There's a question mark in the place of a spark
that used to be an answer
aiming straight for the heart but you missed the mark and
the arrow turned to cancer

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 09:42:06 pm »

I remember playing this..  I remembered hating it when it turned dark.. because you literally can't see like 3 feet in front of you.