Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

More magic.
More summons.
More encounters.
More civs.
Usable Mognet.
More loot! (Loot's already in for some monsters.)
Nothing, your mod's epic as it is right now.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2  (Read 73706 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Final Fantasy Mod
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2012, 01:11:13 pm »

With the ability to learn from other creatures and such now (I think I read that update correctly), do I sense Blue Magic spellsets?

Fuck yeah! Now I want to make a Strago, Gau, or Kimahri character once this gets implemented.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2012, 05:43:07 am »

Polls up, however, I will not be able to update regularly due to a slight technical difficulty, namely my internet access being cut off until March.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2012, 06:06:04 pm »

Do I want Magic? HELL FUCK YESS!!

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2012, 10:02:13 pm »

seeing as how you have limited internet access i dont expect you to read this, but looking through the entity files show that the moogles dont have the reaction to make the new metals permitted n_n; if one would like to make use of these reactions for moogles and your own groups please use:

[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAGICITE_BARS]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:NETHICITE BARS]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:AURACITE_BARS]

if there are discrepancies please feel free to bite my head off :P, as this is my first time doing such a thing
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2012, 01:18:27 pm »

I have returned. Prepare to be asploded from severe awesomeness.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2012, 06:36:15 pm »

Cool beans.

I wonder what you added to the next update. :3

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2012, 12:07:53 pm »

Right guys, I assume you think this was never goign to be updated, but I've had to push it back due to a LOT of real-life issues. Also, in the mean time, feel free to take up the mantle of creating this mod.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2012, 12:24:50 pm »

With the ability to learn from other creatures and such now (I think I read that update correctly), do I sense Blue Magic spellsets?

Fuck yeah! Now I want to make a Strago, Gau, or Kimahri character once this gets implemented.

That's odd I've been able to give interactions like the basalisks stare through a syndrome since df_34_01_win.  That's pretty much how vampirism and were-curses are spread.  I got sidetracked for a while trying to banish undead, and have been updating to newer versions, but I'm pretty sure any interaction could've been given through a syndrome all along.  A bug is that creatures try to attack with these syndromes, giving them to any creature they come across, which is good for vampire/werebeast/zombie apocalypses.

EDIT:

I should really look at dates, or browse a little further back.  I see now that you were talking about 34_01.

Well here's a death spell and an interaction to learn it,  The basalisk creature itself I posted in the spellbook thread, the only change I made to it since was to give it a transfer interaction:

[INTERACTION:SPECIAL_DEATH_CURSE_1]
   [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:victim]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_ARENA_NAME:Paralysed]
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:basalisk stare]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
         [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:BASALISK:ALL]   [CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:10:END:30]
            [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]

[INTERACTION:MIRROR_TRANSFER]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
   [I_TARGET:B:CREATURE]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:victim]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:B]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_ARENA_NAME:Blue Mage]
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:basalisk stare]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
         [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:BASALISK:ALL]   [CE_PARALYSIS :SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:10:END:30]
         [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
            [CDI:ADV_NAME:Stare]
            [CDI:INTERACTION:SPECIAL_DEATH_CURSE_1]
            [CDI:VERB:stare:stares:eyes lock]
            [CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
            [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:25]
            [CDI:USAGE_HINT:MAJOR_CURSE]
            [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
            [CDI:TARGET_VERB:turning stiff:turns stiff]
            [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
         [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
            [CDI:ADV_NAME:Sees Reflection]
            [CDI:INTERACTION:MIRROR_TRANSFER]
            [CDI:USAGE_HINT:FLEEING]
            [CDI:VERB:sees reflection and :sees reflections and :NA]
            [CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
            [CDI:TARGET_VERB:is turning stiff:turns stiff]
            [CDI:TARGET:B:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
            [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:25]
            [CDI:USAGE_HINT:MAJOR_CURSE]
            [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
            [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:20]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 12:37:18 pm by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2012, 02:25:06 pm »

I could use a modder who knows the new system. Mind helping me out a bit? I'm a bit rusty at modding, considering my last attempt was about 5 months back.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2012, 03:43:49 pm »

I don't mind helping,  I had planned on making more blue magic interactions anyways.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2012, 07:45:40 pm »

and as always, i will be availabe for testing and general troubleshooting. or at the very least, brainstorming
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #206 on: May 04, 2012, 02:52:01 am »

So you're doing an FF mod?  I was starting to make one, but I'm not going to finish.  I made some creatures though.  You can have them, modify them or whatever you feel like :)

Adamantoise has a shell of pure adamantine, which it can pull itself inside to make itself essentially indestructible.  It's also fairly big.  However, if you swarm it, it tends to die before it thinks of withdrawing.  It is also highly vulnerable to cold temperatures.  Naturally, its shell is highly valuable.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ahriman can stun its enemies, but isn't particularly tough if you attack it in a group.  However, its most unique property is its ability to inflict Doom, which will cause its victim to drop dead of suffocation after exactly one in-game year.  If it had managed to invade your fortress and affect a lot of victims, this is sure to lead to quite a bit of Fun.  Fortunately you have plenty of time to prepare coffins and isolate the victims - it also gives you some guilt-free fodder for suicide missions.  Well, almost guilt-free, because about one-tenth of its victims will survive.  Of course, these will very likely go insane after watching their friends all drop dead at the same time.

And finally, the malboro - very avatar of filth, designed specifically to create unhappy thoughts.  Its breath contains multiple symptoms, it spits acidic gastric juice, its blood and the rest of its bodily fluids generate miasma while rotting, and although genderless, it is capable of reproducing by infecting other creatures with its spores (as per FFTA, I believe) or, since in the current version of DF you can't produce functional vermin eggs, by contaminating the water supply.  Also, it can't be tamed, and will mindlessly attack any nearby creatures.  However, it has a secret - its heart, when eaten, renders the eater temporarily immune to most status ailments, which makes it both useful in Adventure mode and a highly valuable trade good in Fortress mode (this is based on the tendency of malboros to drop Remedies in the FF series).  Infection-based malboro farming, anyone?

**UPDATE: The malboro transformations are... odd.  Seems that materials aren't transferred properly for body transformations as far as butchering is concerned and you end up with things like frozen blood, egg yolk, or edible soap instead of heart tissue.  I know that at least some materials are transferred properly, since they act fine while alive, so there should be some way of getting it to work...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 04, 2012, 10:13:34 am »

Great! I'm working on a VERY extensive magic system right now,so it would help if creature modding could be relegated to someone else. Right now summons are on the list after magic, but I might release some of the easier ones like Carbuncle or Phoenix earlier.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 04, 2012, 11:38:32 am »

once you get the magic reactions down, we can work on different races and entities, off the top of my head:
taru taru>XI
black mages>various, notably IX
annnd...frankly, there are a lot of different races to work with, so potentially a lot of different civilizations making a very crowded map
since we're drawing from a bunch of different games, how would we go about it? i know moogles are always a given
but we have to take into account all of the different races from IX and XII

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 04, 2012, 10:15:47 pm »

Those are really good creatures!

I've researched final fantasy blue magic and bestiary, and in ffix Quina Quen eats enemies to gain there spells.  I think that putting a syndrome on the creatures meat that gives the interactions would be more fitting than having it give the interaction to everbody it targets.  The loot system can still be implemented with the EBO tags.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23