Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

More magic.
More summons.
More encounters.
More civs.
Usable Mognet.
More loot! (Loot's already in for some monsters.)
Nothing, your mod's epic as it is right now.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2  (Read 73641 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.0
« Reply #285 on: September 06, 2012, 11:21:30 am »

Magicite's an ore, yes.
The Empire is a planned civ along the line. Playable. I'll study Regen raws to figure out how Hugo did his robotic creatures.
And I do plan on making Espers playable in Adv. Mode, for starters. That will probably be put in for fort mode, though I don't really prioritize it.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 09, 2012, 09:46:29 am »

No Sephirot?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 09, 2012, 09:59:20 am »

Not until I can be asked to somehow mod in Mako and an interaction which drives you insane but makes you uber powerful.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2012, 10:00:59 am »

I wanna fight him as a megabeast :P
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2012, 10:07:31 am »

Noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2
« Reply #290 on: September 09, 2012, 10:49:19 am »

Update:
Added in Bio, Water and Earth magic.
Added in the Four Fiends, Deathgaze, Anima, Valefor and Pandemona.
Added in gunblades, credit to Delioth for letting me use them.

Third_Sunrise

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 09, 2012, 08:42:04 pm »

Could I suggest that you make the Read Me files a bit more comprehensive and perhaps add a few instructions for how to install the game? I recognize that the majority of players will have experience with manipulating the code, but for vanilla users like me excited about using the mod then running into the complicated mod process of DF for the first time it would be a life saver.

I wouldn't mention it except that I've been trying to get it to work using every wiki and forum entry I could find and still have it crash on world creation every time. I am still very much looking forward to getting it working and trying it out. I tend to play the Adventure mode pretty exclusively and am looking forward to seeing how the mod changes the experience.

Third_Sunrise

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 09, 2012, 09:20:56 pm »

Actually, I take that back. After spending some more time looking around the wikis and tutorials I am getting the impression that the modding process is too complicated to include in a Readme or Installation file, and it would only be helpful to rookies like me. I'll keep trying to figure it out on my own.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2012, 09:42:50 pm »

Actually, I take that back. After spending some more time looking around the wikis and tutorials I am getting the impression that the modding process is too complicated to include in a Readme or Installation file, and it would only be helpful to rookies like me. I'll keep trying to figure it out on my own.

Not really. I can give you instructions for this mod, easy.

1. Unpack the RAR with a program. I recommend 7-zip.

2. Double click the "Final Fantasy mod files" folder in the rar.

3. Extract the two folders inside the "Final Fantasy mod files" folder into your Dwarf Fortress directory.

4. Run game, gen world, enjoy mod.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:54:33 pm by Putnam »

Third_Sunrise

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 09, 2012, 09:52:24 pm »

Thank you for the suggestion Putnam, I appreciate you taking the time but as soon as it gets to the Age of Myth phase of world generation the game crashes and shuts down. There should be no conflicts as I have the vanilla 34.11 version and this is the first and only mod I intend to use. From what I can tell I need to modify the files directly, but did you get this mod to work simply by unpacking it in the DF folder?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2012, 09:54:57 pm »

That's not your problem, that's Elf's :P

Third_Sunrise

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 09, 2012, 11:01:37 pm »

Thanks to your advice Putnam I adjusted my world creation settings and tried again, and just finished taking down my first Malboro (sp). I took it's head as a trophy and will place it on the altar in your honor my friend. Already loving the mod Elf, cheers.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 10, 2012, 10:03:01 am »

Thanks very much, mate, appreciate the praise.
Also, that's weird. Why does it crash around then? I've done several tests and it should be relatively stable.
@Putnam yes, I know, I'll make the mod slightly less complicated to install. Those readmes are just there to aid someone who wants to give other civs the mod reactions. I won't use my entity_default because I'm also using Civ Forge, and I can't be asked to root out the mod functions that aren't mine to repack it.

Third_Sunrise

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 10, 2012, 11:43:35 am »

Yeah, as it would sim the events during the Age of Myth it would crash out of the game, sometimes immediately and sometimes after a few years. Also when trying to save a game in process it crashes and loses the current play-through. That said, all I did was put all the files into their respective raw and data folders and I am a bit suspicious about it being that easy. I'll let you know if there are any other clues to the source of the instability as I play, and if there's any way I can help out let me know.

Also, in the spirit of making the mod even better than it already is, I think the inclusion of FF themed Events would make exploration in Adventure mode even more interesting; "In 66 the Great City of Zanarkand was destroyed by Sin" (clearly not a writer) and being able to find and explore the ruins of said city. I am unfamiliar with the coding nightmare that a suggestion like that might cause Elf (especially since he already has so much on his plate), but it just crossed my mind while a bunch of fireflies were torching the countryside while trying to get me.

Incidentally, am I supposed to eat Bio Essences? I feel like that's a bad idea... And is there any way to distinguish an Al-Bhed community from a Human one on character creation?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 10, 2012, 11:08:10 pm »

Also, in the spirit of making the mod even better than it already is, I think the inclusion of FF themed Events would make exploration in Adventure mode even more interesting; "In 66 the Great City of Zanarkand was destroyed by Sin" (clearly not a writer) and being able to find and explore the ruins of said city. I am unfamiliar with the coding nightmare that a suggestion like that might cause Elf (especially since he already has so much on his plate), but it just crossed my mind while a bunch of fireflies were torching the countryside while trying to get me.

Yeah, that's completely and utterly impossible. Worldgen events can't be modded.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23