Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale - Dark Apprentice Needed!  (Read 39304 times)

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale [DAY 1: 14/14]
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »

More like asking for advice.

I'm really not liking your line of reasoning here.  Asking someone who they fear most is a pretty standard RVS question, and entirely subjective.  Not to mention I don't see how asking a player who they personally fear opposing them the most is the same as asking for a good NK target.  The only people who could provide meaningful advice on that are fellow scum players, who can answer that question in scum chat.

Yet, you're 70% certain that's a solid enough reason to vote for Imiknorris?  How can you possibly justify that?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2011, 08:05:10 pm »

Good. Now no one has an excuse not to at least drop by one more time before the day ends.

Now... Simple.

Blah, simple's post goes here blah
Ok, folks, I invite you to consider this latest post.

I ask you. Is there a single point in it which you think bears sufficient weight that I need to actually respond to it?

I don't think there is; I think the flaws in all of them are obvious enough. However, if you can not see the flaws in any of his points, please ask, and I will point them out. I just don't want to waste time by doing a line-by-line analysis if it isn't necessary.
This isn't logic- there's nothing here to refute- This is the exact thing I was attacking you about. How is this supposed to hurt my case?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2011, 08:26:45 pm »

The formatting may be fixed, but I still can't understand what you are saying. Hang on, let me break this down piece by piece, see if I can understand it that way.
This isn't logic
I fail to see the lack of logic. What part is illogical?

- there's nothing here to refute-
Nothing there to refute? Pff, of course not. It's all 100% truthfacs, they cannot be refuted. [/joke]
But seriously, why would you want to refute that? It isn't an argument. There are plenty of arguments before and after that, if you want to refute somethiing.
If you want to refute the flaws I found in Simple's post, then ask for me to share these flaws. As I have said multiple times, I would gladly do so, if anyone asked.

This is the exact thing I was attacking you about.
Uh. Yes. It is. You were attacking me about a response to a response about this.
...what's your point? This slice of toast, it is the exact same as the loaf from which it was cut!!! Yes, that is inevitable.

How is this supposed to hurt my case?
It isn't supposed to hurt your case. What case? You didn't have a case when I made that post. Either of those posts.
Long Live United Forenia!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2011, 08:35:57 pm »

The formatting may be fixed, but I still can't understand what you are saying. Hang on, let me break this down piece by piece, see if I can understand it that way.
This isn't logic
I fail to see the lack of logic. What part is illogical?
The fact that you just blatantly ignore whatever he says. If you're using logic you have to have answers and reasons.
- there's nothing here to refute-
Nothing there to refute? Pff, of course not. It's all 100% truthfacs, they cannot be refuted. [/joke]
But seriously, why would you want to refute that? It isn't an argument. There are plenty of arguments before and after that, if you want to refute somethiing.
If you want to refute the flaws I found in Simple's post, then ask for me to share these flaws. As I have said multiple times, I would gladly do so, if anyone asked.

This is the exact thing I was attacking you about.
Uh. Yes. It is. You were attacking me about a response to a response about this.
...what's your point? This slice of toast, it is the exact same as the loaf from which it was cut!!! Yes, that is inevitable.

How is this supposed to hurt my case?
It isn't supposed to hurt your case. What case? You didn't have a case when I made that post. Either of those posts.
[/quote]
Wait, I thought you were quoting that as a response to my attack. What post were you referencing?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2011, 09:06:54 pm »

The fact that you just blatantly ignore whatever he says. If you're using logic you have to have answers and reasons.
I am not ignoring what he says. How do you get that impression.
I did not write down my response, because I felt it would be a waste of time.
I take all his comments on board, and consider them. To the vast majority of his comments, I have responded clearly and logically.

Wait, I thought you were quoting that as a response to my attack. What post were you referencing?
I am very confused.
Here is what has happened:
You: Attack me for ignoring people
Me: Respond. You have yet to acknowledge this response.
You: Mess of broken quotes
Me: Could you repost that
You: Slightly less broken quotes; a quote of mine, the introduction to a post. A nested quote of simple, utterly devoid of anything. A nested quote of mine, a response to one of Simple's posts, in which I explained that I was not going to write out my response to said post. Underneath, a single, confusing line.
Me: Respond. I assumed your problem was with the innermost quote, so I replied as if that was what the confusing line at the bottom was talking about.
You: Continue not to actual respond to my responses, instead insisiting that I am ignoring people (having previously insisted that I insisted my opinion was correct without responding to others). The hypocrisy is thick enough to build houses out of. Also, you somehow get confused by your own actions.
Me: This post.
Long Live United Forenia!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2011, 11:37:06 pm »

I am not ignoring what he says. How do you get that impression.
I did not write down my response, because I felt it would be a waste of time.
I take all his comments on board, and consider them. To the vast majority of his comments, I have responded clearly and logically.

I am very confused.
Here is what has happened:
You: Attack me for ignoring people
Me: Respond. You have yet to acknowledge this response.
You: Mess of broken quotes
Me: Could you repost that
You: Slightly less broken quotes; a quote of mine, the introduction to a post. A nested quote of simple, utterly devoid of anything.
(Twas an accident)
Quote from: Nuke
A nested quote of mine, a response to one of Simple's posts, in which I explained that I was not going to write out my response to said post. Underneath, a single, confusing line.
Because pointing out that that's also blatantly ignoring stuff is totally confusing.
Me: Respond. I assumed your problem was with the innermost quote, so I replied as if that was what the confusing line at the bottom was talking about.
Pretty much.
Quote from: Nukre
You: Continue not to actual respond to my responses, instead insisiting that I am ignoring people (having previously insisted that I insisted my opinion was correct without responding to others). The hypocrisy is thick enough to build houses out of.
Because quoting your question and responding to them is totally not responding to them. Building houses out of thin air doesn't tend to work.
Also, you somehow get confused by your own actions.
After you go on about how yeah you were ignoring that, I realized that that wasn't the post you had said had shown obvious flaws in Simple's post. I was confused.
Me: This post.
[/quote]
Yep.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2011, 01:23:45 am »

Before I begin, Unvote. Also, my excuses are weekend and procrastination. Sorry about that. I shall post more tomorrow.

This is completely ridiculous. Here NUKE is, being contrary just because he can. Arguing with Powder Miner about a damn quote. It's RIA either way, but I'm leaning towards townie just being stupid.

Anyway, Simple is just spouting bullshit about magical/supernatural roles, backpedaling every chance he gets, and in general, kind of being an idiot.

Also this shining gem of role-fishing:
Time Blossom : And as church choir member you have no idea about the bells ?

Care to explain, Simple?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2011, 01:31:31 am »

Jack AT:Ah,maybe i worded it wrong there.What i meant was that his initial argument must be based entirely on that fact. And building a case on such flimsy base is at least careless. If he got anything aside from his crazy theory at that point his case would make more sense.

So, why mention that he originally thought your statement was a lie?  How was that fact supposed to help your case at all, if what you're saying here is true?  This is really quite a stretch.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2011, 01:41:25 am »

I don't think I'm going to be able to get an original case in by the end of D1 (I'm notoriously bad at catching up and then coming up with something original). I'll do my best, however and if all else fails, hop on the case I most agree with and try to add something original.

For now:

NUKE's being stupid. I'd ask him a question, but he'd probably just ignore it.

Ottofar: Do you have anything else on Imiknorris or are you voting solely on that jump you made?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2011, 01:45:03 am »

Also, I don't really feel like parsing out a case from a wall of text from some smug jackass. What are you voting Simple for?
Ah, yes.
First, I was looking over everyone's flavour, hoping maybe to find something suspicious.
It occurred to me that Simple's brother might have been traumatised by the events of last game; he might have a grudge against the inquisition. As he died recently, it occurred that he might have entrusted upon his deathbed that Simple carry on his desire for vengeance. I hypothesized thus that Simple might be a SK of some sort.
I suggested this hypothesis, watched to see how Simple would react. His reaction did not please. He called my accusation ridiculous, insisted that SKs were impossible.
This was bullshit (2 SKs in the last game alone). I pressured him more regarding his reaction, and it just got worse. His position changed; SKs were possible, but not supernatural ones- all threats in the game must be supernatural. This is also blatantly false. Not to mention all the ancillary bullshit that he has been spouting; panicky and flawed arguments of a sort which just scream 'scum'.
His continued attempts not just to deny my accusation, but rather to attack it for flawed reasons, convinced me that he is, indeed, an all-natural SK of the sort whose existence he denies.

This still doesn't make any sense. Explain to me how in the offending post he's denying the existence of a serial killer.

It doesn't look like it is to me. So where the hell did you get your case from?

b) At the time I voted you, you had four votes (Dariush, Jack, NUKE, and Ottofar) and were flailing (rather desperately) for any way out of getting lynched.

Crime of crimes. Defending yourself while people are attacking you is one of those scumtells that feeds back in on itself so that whoever's doing it can't really escape the accusation. Well, of course somebody is going to defend themselves if they're being attacked by a good number of the players in the game. But wanting to escape a lynch isn't a uniquely scum attribute.

Not to say that Simple's doing a good job of it (I can't really speak for that since I'm having a difficult time making it through those walls of smug douchery text) but if he were doing anything besides taking on all comers you would have a point.

My point being, Simple defending himself is perfectly warranted in this situation. How is this a reason to vote for him?

Time Blossom, get in here and answer my questions.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2011, 02:46:53 am »

Time Blossom is currently in the process of being replaced.

Seeing as I have no access to what one would normally consider to be any kind of sane internet browser, I can't complete the process just yet - perhaps in some hours or in the evening.

Apologies, everyone.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2011, 07:52:12 am »

Ottofar: Do you have anything else on Imiknorris or are you voting solely on that jump you made?

Nah.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2011, 08:03:04 am »

So the only meaningful thing you've done all game other than flavorclaiming and extending was to vote me for that?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2011, 08:42:53 am »

Crown:
Time Blossom : And as church choir member you have no idea about the bells ?

Care to explain, Simple?

While I agree that Simple is scummy, why is this scummy and not this:

Does anyone's flavor mention any significance of bells?

Ottofar:  Shouldn't you get something else, then?  That reason is hollow and there are 12 other players you could be hunting besides.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2011, 08:58:33 am »

I'd rather see this through the night. Simple will most likely be lynched, I'd read more into it then.

So the only meaningful thing you've done all game other than flavorclaiming and extending was to vote me for that?

Pretty much.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18