Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale - Dark Apprentice Needed!  (Read 39378 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale [DAY 1: 14/14]
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2011, 10:14:12 pm »

Hello.  I'm Giles Dynham, famous and reclusive cordwainer.  I make leather shoes for a living, but my shop is closed until the next leather shipment comes.  In my spare time, I used to write stories.  I also hate orgies.

Jack, of the people in this game, which would be the best scum?
I find Toaster very hard to read, which would work in his favour.  Jim's another experienced player who I find rather hard to read, albeit less so than Toaster.  Finally, a NUKE and Dariush scumteam would be hilariously awesome.

Ottofar: Who do you think is more important to kill: witches or third parties?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2011, 10:23:16 pm »

I also hate orgies.
Wha-

Why is this in your flavor?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2011, 10:23:44 pm »

Oh, and what's so special about a NUKE/Dariush scumteam?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2011, 10:25:12 pm »

NativeForeigner: Suppose you're a town power role. What role would you rather be?

I've always been fond of the vigilante role.

Busybusybusy.

Something more tomorrow.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2011, 11:20:16 pm »

Time Blossom, what made you decide to pick the game up again? And why this game in particular?

Flavor: I am Allen Underhill, glazier extroardinaire and dabbler in various other fields. I have difficulty giving a shit about the witch-hunt because I'm in the middle of a well-paid job for a local lord which has been delayed by a late delivery.

You have vague flavor. Or you're not being forthcoming with your flavor.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2011, 11:40:13 pm »

All right then. I'm part of a team working on a commission from a local lord to replace all his windows. The commission is due in three days, and the delay (in the delivery of raw glass) meant that I have to do a lot of work to catch up with where I should have been. Most of my hobbies (outdoorsmanship, making wine, cooking, tailoring - none of which help me at all financially) have had to be put on hold because my job is eating up so damn much of my time. Even if the delay hadn't forced me to put in long hours making windows, I'd still have the issue of too many (non-paying) hobbies and not enough time for all of them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2011, 12:02:56 am »

I also hate orgies.
Wha-

Why is this in your flavor?

I'm as baffled as you are.  I'm sending a PM to LNCP to ask for a few flavour clarifications, to see if that gets me anywhere.  Perhaps that will explain the orgies line.

Oh, and what's so special about a NUKE/Dariush scumteam?

NUKE and Dariush hate each other, to the point where they're either tunneling each other or telling each other to die in a fire in most games.  A team like that would be...interesting, to say the least.  I'm not sure if they would be the most effective scumteam, but their scumchat would probably be one of the most fun to read.

All right then. I'm part of a team working on a commission from a local lord to replace all his windows. The commission is due in three days, and the delay (in the delivery of raw glass) meant that I have to do a lot of work to catch up with where I should have been. Most of my hobbies (outdoorsmanship, making wine, cooking, tailoring - none of which help me at all financially) have had to be put on hold because my job is eating up so damn much of my time. Even if the delay hadn't forced me to put in long hours making windows, I'd still have the issue of too many (non-paying) hobbies and not enough time for all of them.
Imiknorris: So, why didn't you say this earlier?

Also, another slow delivery.  Interesting, taking my leather shortage into account.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2011, 12:15:18 am »

Imiknorris: So, why didn't you say this earlier?

Inexperience - I haven't been in any flavor-heavy games such as this before.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2011, 01:19:55 am »

Hrm.

Jack, third parties, if the witches are similar to the previous game

I have an anti-lurk system in place, 24 hours of not posting means death.
I see no reason this shouldn't be used as a suicide, should the need to lymch me arise, since it's my role power.

Actual flavorclaim later, PFP.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2011, 02:46:17 am »

Hey, yeah, flavour claims. I love me some flavour claims. Good show Powder Miner, bad show Simple. You got a problem with folks flavour claiming? You afeared that your flavour won't stand up to close inspection? You scum bastard you.

I am Walter Bloom. I am an actor, recently arrived from the capital. I lead the Blooming Actors, a two man troupe from the capital. We do skits and music.
You really believe i would play the same game as Urist last time ? I don't have problem with flavorclaiming in general but i got problem with people spiting out full flavor and doing nothing else. And i'm in favor of revealing it gradually, this way there's a higher chance of catching someone lying. Also : do you know identity of your companion ? PPE : Alright nevermind Jim answered that.

I'm Stephen Engleford, brother of my inn owner from last game , printer (As in : I'm operating printing press), book collector , pious guy and again thinking witches are just silly story (one would thought i would know better than that after what happened to my brother :P).

I'm Simon MacTurlough, an out-of-work Irish sailor. Times are tough, I'm pretty close to having nothing at all. Still, doing my best.

Simple: Considering how desperate I got when I was pressed for flavor as a witch last game, I feel like getting some initial flavor out will definitely help. If I'm going strictly by how the last game went, I'd give 100% priority to finding the third parties, because the witches didn't actually have anything they could do against the town. However, I doubt LNCP would do the same thing twice, so I'm defaulting to finding suspicious people in general until I have a better idea of what's going on.
Fair enough. Unvote Think0028

Why do we have jobs paired ? Two singers , Two teachers from out of town...

ECrownofFire: Do you think bell that stops ringing is good or bad thing ? Also : Why small town would have Latin teachers ?

My Bell Theory:
Each direction represents a alignment. So if we got northeastern bell ringing north faction interacted with east one. Maybe it have no effect on game since it's just another way of gaining information. Still no idea what  day/night bells could mean.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2011, 03:06:48 am »

Someone might be a bellsounder.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2011, 07:34:23 am »

I'm Stephen Engleford, brother of my inn owner from last game
My, my.

There's a thing.
And this being significantly later than 1750, and the previous game happening in the god-damn middle ages.
You must be one LONG LIVED FELLOW.

Gentlemen, I call for a unanimous lynch of Simple. All in favour vote Simple. All opposed, go hang.
Long Live United Forenia!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2011, 07:42:35 am »

I'm Stephen Engleford, brother of my inn owner from last game
My, my.

There's a thing.
And this being significantly later than 1750, and the previous game happening in the god-damn middle ages.
You must be one LONG LIVED FELLOW.

Gentlemen, I call for a unanimous lynch of Simple. All in favour vote Simple. All opposed, go hang.

Ahem. My mistake with the date.

Public hangings have now fallen out of fashion in 1665.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2011, 07:48:27 am »

Potato potato.

The last game was during the reign of Pope Innocent VIII (1432 – July 25, 1492).

We're still talking about someone who is over 150 years old, here.
Long Live United Forenia!

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2011, 07:49:22 am »

Huh... That's true i think. I have not thought about the year this is set in. I guess that's another Anthony Engleford then, or that was not too important if that's only a inside joke from lncp. Good you mentioned that i would have missed that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18