Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale - Dark Apprentice Needed!  (Read 39265 times)

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale [SIGNUPS: 6/11+]
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 01:53:18 am »

you seem pretty sensible
Slander. :P
...Or would that be libel? Bit of a difficult demarcation on a message board, come to think of it.

Anyway, thank you kindly, gov! I'll try not to embarrass myself or cause too much of a fuss.
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale [SIGNUPS: 6/11+]
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 02:05:00 am »

IMA IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale [SIGNUPS: 13/11+]
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 03:15:37 pm »

In if there's room.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale [SIGNUPS: 13/11+]
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 04:18:31 pm »

I don't think one more person will hurt, but I'm going to close signups now.

In. Not that I expect you to do this, but waiting a few days before the game starts would be pretty awesome.

Seeing as I make a habit of being woefully unprepared for any game I run, you can expect it to start in at least a few days, yes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale [PREGAME: 14/14]
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 06:08:02 pm »

*sigh*

Okay.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 08:50:08 pm »

Dammit man! I missed out?
Ah well, replace list me.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 05:15:48 pm »

Status update: I've worked out the kinks in the game and am starting on the outlines of role PMs. ETA 1-2 days to finish this, after which I'll move on to the meat and bones.

Dammit man! I missed out?
Ah well, replace list me.

Noted.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 11:55:07 am »

* Dariush Prods the thread! It is super effective!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 11:59:00 am »

Thread counters with bystander post. CRITICAL HIT!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2011, 06:28:14 pm »

The Witches wish you all a Horrible Halloween!

The game will start ASAP. I'm currently getting into gear with all the writing, and if I don't sleep for tonight (oh, the things I do for you guys) I might even be able to start it on the 31st.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 10:43:52 pm »

Oh goodie, the role PMs are coming!

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 10:58:12 pm »

Ah, and just in time for Halloween, too. Très apropos!

That said, I apologize in advance if the game starts in the next twelve hours or so and I'm not here. I have a midnight dash for NaNoWriMo in an hour, and I'll most likely be sleeping after that.

Looking forward to it, though! ^.^
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 11:06:44 pm »

Night 0 Has Begun!

Votecount:
Urist Imiknorris  - 0 - 
Think0028  - 0 - 
NUKE9.13  - 0 - 
Simple  - 0 - 
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
ECrownofFire  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 0 - 
Jim Groovester  - 0 - 
NativeForeigner  - 0 - 
Time Blossom  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 0 - 
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 14 -  <cut for size>
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The city sleeps for tonight, its lights dimmed and streets emptied, as the builders work on through the night to ready the gallows. The air is cold and quiet beyond the quiet, insistent clanking of mallets and hammers.

Even this alien world, however, is home to a certain few, who in the cover of darkness go about their own mysterious activities.

The Night will end Wednesday, 9PM GMT.

And now we're officially off the ground, having officially started all official-like at 5:54PM, on October 31st (Happy Halloween, everyone), Honolulu time (shut up, it still counts)! I told you I'd be able to make the deadline, all thanks to borderline-masochism!

N0 flavour is right now basically something to hold you guys over for proper stuff D1. I'd have spent more time on it, but writing 600+ word, fully personalised role PMs is tough, so just DEAL WITH IT, okay?

Ah, and just in time for Halloween, too. Très apropos!

That said, I apologize in advance if the game starts in the next twelve hours or so and I'm not here. I have a midnight dash for NaNoWriMo in an hour, and I'll most likely be sleeping after that.

Looking forward to it, though! ^.^

Appreciated!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale [DAY 1: 14/14]
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2011, 05:03:51 pm »

Day 1 Has Begun!

Votecount:
Urist Imiknorris  - 0 - 
Think0028  - 0 - 
NUKE9.13  - 0 - 
Simple  - 0 - 
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
ECrownofFire  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 0 - 
Jim Groovester  - 0 - 
NativeForeigner  - 0 - 
Time Blossom  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 0 - 
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 14 -  <cut for size>
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

"Come one, come all! Today, I bear grave news indeed!"

The priest was shouting at the top of his lungs in an effort to speak above the noise of the bells and drums to the rapidly growing morning crowd at the plaza. A gallows was not a regular feature in the plaza ever since public hangings had fallen out of custom around 1665, and here was a priest standing atop one, with an executioner, masked and armed, standing at his side drumming out a peppy little beat, both trying futilely to drown out the near-deafening noise of the church bell.

There was muttering and speculation from the crowd. Various food vendors, seemingly endemic to almost any public event, hawked their wares as the clergyman powered on with his speech.

"Yes, grave news!" he yelled, "For there has been recent evidence to suggest witches in our fair city!"

He held up a copy of the Malleus Maleficarum for all to see. "And witches, being depraved creatures, sinful and seductive, must be expunged immediately." He slammed the book down onto the wooden deck with a loud thud.

"We cannot risk another day with them present here! They terrorise our people, kill babies in the womb and poison our wells!  We cannot risk another day with them, lest it become our undoing!"

"And we shan't simply stand by as they wreak havoc. I propose a simple accord - each day, at sunset, we will decide on a witch to hang. We shall remove these pests from our populace, one by one, in the manner of a pest. We shall smoke them out like rats."

The crowd exploded at his words. Among the shocked remarks of "Simply preposterous!" and "How barbaric!", however, lay a quiet approval - the people were discontent, their lives troubled. Though the idea of a witch hunt was not immediately appealing, it made sense, in a way. Indeed, there was something wrong with their lives, the water was unfit to drink now, and women and children were dying. It can't all be just coincidence, can it?

"We shall begin today, ladies and gentlemen! Out with your suspicions!"

Just as he said so, the southwestern belltower began ringing in the distance, shortly followed by the northeastern. People turned to look at the bells, startled - so did the priest, but he quickly managed to collect himself and work it into his performance without missing a beat.

"The belltowers are sounding because of the danger. It is imperative that we proceed!"

In the meantime, the northern belltower, which had tolled throughout the night, was silent; perhaps less noticeable by the fact that the church steeple had one that was still blaring.

The Southwestern Bell has started ringing!
The Northeastern Bell has started ringing!
The Northern Bell has stopped ringing!

The Day will end Friday, 9PM GMT.

Apologies for the tense change, but I found working with flavour impossible with present tense. Rest assured, however, that it will not change again for the duration of the game.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 03:39:59 am by lordnincompoop »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18