Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stuck in a pit  (Read 1544 times)

Urist McDodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stuck in a pit
« on: October 19, 2011, 04:31:02 am »

Hi Gals and Guys!

So finally i have registered in this fantastic forum iīve been checking out nearly every day for like two years!
Iīve been playing DF in Fortress Mode for quite some time and lately i started trying to get into the Adventure Mode.

Now i have my first Adventurer going who didnīt die in the first fight. I was travelling to the next City to trade my loot and get my bagpack a little more lightweighted.

Guess what happened: an ambush, and my hero and his mates ended up in a little pit without any slopes or other way to get out. So they canīt sleep nor fast-travel because they donīt feel save enough, even though there isnīt any enemy visible^^. And i guess there are no more enemys; two stumbeld in the pit and got killed.

Since i donīt believe there is a way to climb out, has anybody an idea how to get out there, maybe by an external tool or such?

Even though they will most likely all die in the next quest i desperately want to play on with that guy, beeing my first hero who is kind of succesfull.

Thanks for your help!

P.S.: not a native english speaker, so please excuse any mistakes i made in spelling or grammar

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in a pit
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 06:32:36 am »

have you tried sleeping to traveling out?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 06:51:58 am »

Get a Runesmith. With it you see every being near you and you can kill everyone with it.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 07:52:08 am »

Get a Runesmith. With it you see every being near you and you can kill everyone with it.
or teleport your self out of the hole.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Urist McDodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 09:23:08 am »

Canīt sleep :( Feeling not save...(like i mentioned in my first post ;) )

But the teleporting thing sounds good! How do i do that? Just want a simple way to get one tile up and one to any direction^^

For the Runesmith...maybe iīll go and read some about that. Never used any Tools/Mods except NoExotics, Sounsdsense and DwarfTherapist.

But since i started reading some stories while waiting for an answer, i feel the urgent want to start a new fortress and expierience glorius FUN once again :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:25:39 am by Urist McDodger »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 09:52:36 am »

Canīt sleep :( Feeling not save...(like i mentioned in my first post ;) )

But the teleporting thing sounds good! How do i do that? Just want a simple way to get one tile up and one to any direction^^

For the Runesmith...maybe iīll go and read some about that. Never used any Tools/Mods except NoExotics, Sounsdsense and DwarfTherapist.

But since i started reading some stories while waiting for an answer, i feel the urgent want to start a new fortress and expierience glorius FUN once again :)
go to the misc tab on the adventurer(if a dwarf he or she would be in the dwarf tab if human check creatures) then change it so that the z level is 1 number higher, then chance the x and y by one. if you are lucky you can figure out which way the numbers mean to get out of the hole.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Urist McDodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 10:18:00 am »

K, seems like i have to get into that Runesmith thing...hopefully it is more easy to learn than DF itself ;)

Edit: That was simple! And worked fine... although now i know the power of RS, it will be hard not to cheat^^

Increasing the Y-value moved me to the west, if anybody wants to know..
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 12:15:57 pm by Urist McDodger »