Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Serve DRACULA, KING of all VAMPIRES (Dracula Gives a Task)  (Read 4348 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Serve DRACULA, KING of all VAMPIRES (Waiting for sheets)
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 10:09:25 am »

Yes, a Wraith would heal itself proportionate to how much damage it just did with its touch, ideally.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

WarthogDriver

• Bay Watcher
  • Only in death will his duty end.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Serve DRACULA, KING of all VAMPIRES (Waiting for sheets)
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 10:12:50 am »

Seems like this will be interesting.

Name:Jonathan Banks

Backstory: Grew up with the resistance but after reaching a mature age defected along with a small group of about 9 humans, they got slaughtered after being found out shortly before they where going to leave. Jonathan only escaped due to his slightly higher agility and endurance. His life in the resistance made him very strong and his often went with savaging parties along with his father, who was also in the group of defectors, during this time he learned to aim and shoot as well as some close combat using daggers. His favourite weapon is the crossbow as it was easy to use, high powered and it wasn't hard to get ammunition for.       

Class:Renfield
+2 to movement based rolls, climbing, running, ect.
+2 crossbow use.
+1 dodging and blocking.
+1 dagger and knife use.
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Serve DRACULA, KING of all VAMPIRES (Dracula Gives a Task: Turn 1)
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 10:56:07 am »

The Throne Room of DRACULA, KING of all VAMPIRES is huge, with sweeping, delicately filigreed arches and great marble columns that stretch up to the high ceiling. The room is populated by various members of the sinister SERPENT COURT, Vampire Lords who constantly scheme to gain their dark master's favor, and their retinue. There are appetizers caged in the middle of the room, though this week's raids have led to pot luck.

At the far end of the room, in a throne so ostentatious it would probably kill anyone who sat in it, is DRACULA. The master of the night looks, as always, supremely bored, and has not taken even a sip of the blood in his wine glass. A bored Dracula is not the kind of Dracula you want to be around.

At his left hand sits COUNTESS MIRCALLA KARNSTEIN, perhaps the only vampire in all the realms of endless night that can claim to be as ancient as Dracula himself. At his right hand stands the obsequious and incredibly ugly COUNT ORLOK, Dracula's trusted steward and manager of his household affairs. He notices the five of you and walks on over.

"Ah, this is the new squad of hunters?" he says, twiddling his horrifying long fingers, which you can't help but notice end in filthy - but razor sharp! - nails. "It is unfortunate that you have come at such a dreary time. Lately we have had nothing but peace."

Count Orlok turns away. "And peace bores our dark master. Of course, everything bores our Lord, but peace most of all."

The balding monster turns his freakish eyes upon your group - his bloodshot eyes lingering on Kazimir the longest. "His Lordship would be most appreciative if you could help alleviate his crushing ennui in some way. You see, his Lordship is very fond of the arts. Perhaps you could head out and retrieve a sculpture, a painting, or perhaps even one of those old Christopher Lee films, starring our Lord?"

"Or perhaps you could retrieve quality food for us? As you can see," he says, indicating the wailing prisoners in the cage at the center of the room, "this meager selection is hardly worthy of the King of All Vampires."

The Count clasps his hand behind his back and smiles.

(Throw in your vote! Will you go out shopping for the Lord Dracula, or look for a priceless work of art?)
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Serve DRACULA, KING of all VAMPIRES (Dracula Gives a Task)
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 11:11:16 am »

'Anything for His Lordship. I think He will be more than satisfied with the treasures we will shortly return with, my lord.' Kazimir said, bowing slightly for Orlok. He turned to his new comrades, looking for any opposition in their eyes.

Treasure hunting!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 11:44:45 am »

Why i'm on the waiting list?
Couldn't you wait 3 hours?
:(
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 11:49:36 am »

Why i'm on the waiting list?
Couldn't you wait 3 hours?
:(

You're not on the waiting list! I think.

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 12:13:20 pm »

Players

lawastooshort (Grigor, Ghoul)
Dwarmin (Alanis Greenmore, Wraith)
Sinpwn (Jitters McFarlen, Ghoul)
Wolfchild (Luna, Werewolf)
Digital Hellhound (Kazimir Sokoll, Vampire Scion)

Waiting List
WarthogDriver (Jonathan Banks)
LAAT501Legion
Then why does it say im on the waiting list there?
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 01:33:42 pm »

The Wraith of Alanis Greenmoore flickered in place for a moment, then returned, her shadowed features becoming brighter and fuller-betraying her true emotions-relief. She killed when she was ordered to...not because she wanted to, and when she could avoid it...They knew this. It was odd they were offering this job to her. If she had been capable, she might have chuckled. Apparently the Vampires had already grown bored with the novelty of having the unfortunate Huntress as their attack dog. So be it.

"I will serve in any way I am commanded. Blood is plentiful, but treasure is scarce...and every day, more of it is scavenged.

From my life, I remember many places to obtain such treasures as his Lordship desires."

She bowed low, and faded again, becoming nothing more than a humble servant.

Bide your time...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 01:50:56 pm »

Jitters takes a moment to glue a finger back on, the agrees with the rest of the group.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 01:59:34 pm »

Grigor thought about all the interesting things besides human flesh and memories that might be found outside in the wilderness; certain treasures had he in mind, and flesh could always be found near them. Interesting flesh. He quietly agreed with his fellow hunters and set to dreaming.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 04:39:59 pm »

Luna would have preferred the hunt, but she was willing to sniff out some treasureif that is what the majority wanted
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 04:56:34 pm »

Posting to watch; may edit post later with a character for the waiting list when I have time. ^^^

Question: Would it be possible for a Renfield to be a witch as well, or would that be an entirely new class?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:37:37 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 01:07:30 am »

Posting to watch; may edit post later with a character for the waiting list when I have time. ^^^

Question: Would it be possible for a Renfield to be a witch as well, or would that be an entirely new class?

That would be a whole new thing. :)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 01:29:16 am »

All right, thanks. ^^^ I can't decide if I would rather be a Witch or some sort of Renfield who's very good at blending with the common folk, to handle clandestine affairs...

My suggestions for a witch class would either be a glass cannon or a support unit. For the glass cannon, it would be low HP, no regen except natural over a long period of time (or some well-applied medicine), but a crapton of combat prowess through spells and so forth. For a support unit, maybe the ability to heal other characters and buff abilities and such through magic, but retain the low HP of the glass cannon so everyone has a reason to protect her. Do either of those sound good? There's also the possibility of combining the concepts but limiting them; a low HP Witch who can deal some fairly good damage and brew potions and other alchemical materials that can temporarily add a bonus to certain kinds of rolls and so forth. Maybe a familiar that can do things; nothing too spectacular, but can provide a little support like an owl could distract a target or something. (Actually I like this third idea best. >.>)

What do you think? :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 04:21:24 am »

Ooh, waitlist me. I think I know what I want to play, but I might as well think about it some more.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4