Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Dtil - Updated September 14th 2008 - 40d  (Read 38880 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Dtil - Updated September 14th 2008 - 40d
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2009, 09:14:07 pm »

I tested this on 40d, and it did not work, as it gave me the same error when trying it with 40d16, before locking up while trying to locate dwarf fortress.

Strange, I just used it on a mostly-vanilla (I have a cat-mouth fix mod, that's all) and it works fine.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2009, 04:52:24 am »

That's an intrinsic problem with the DF internals.

Gems and veins can be changed to anything you like because they are specificed with a full matgloss/stone reference.

Rock layers (including yellow sand, basalt etc) are stored by an index into the rock layers available in the biome, so choice is restricted. In theory you could change it to any layer in 9 the surrounding biomes, but I don't think Dtil is that advanced. It probably does nothing in this case.
Stone layers can be included in other stones AND soils without restrictions.
Soil layers can be included in other soil layers without restrictions.

Soil_sand can be included in stone, but there will be no SAND.
Finis sanctificat media.

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2009, 02:53:28 am »

Does anyone else have a problem with transmuting soil? Soil walls cannot be transmuted into anything, so it seems I'll have to scrap my open chamber fortress. Rock that has been transmuted into soil can be changed back, though.

Nezmith

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Demands Adamantine bed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2009, 06:58:41 pm »

My digger tool just gives me a big blob instead of the incredibly elaborate designs I had made for my bedrooms. I'm feeling good. :(

EDIT: Rubbing "Unchanged" over all the black spots doesn't help at all  :P
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 07:27:59 pm by Nezmith »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2009, 02:47:34 am »

QUESTION: Does any of these have a "delete" option... say, for extreme excess stone?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

snaggles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2009, 07:18:46 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=42284.0
It only works on 40d14, and it will destroy all forbidden clothes and stones. I haven't tested it myself.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2009, 12:52:11 pm »

I have troubles with Dtil with Tile Editor: for some reason it always spawns claystone walls, and material is unchangeable (set to BLUE JADE for some reason).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2009, 06:38:48 pm »

This utility did half of what I wanted.  I wanted to dig out an area over a magma region, which is warm stone, without any backtalk from the Dwarves.  This utility did stop the game from pausing at each new horrified discovery of warm stone, but I still had to re-mark every single warm digging location because the game unmarks them when it pauses.

It was a big improvement, but not quite the "dig un-conditional" I dream of having.

Added on 08/OCT/2009

However, it was a life-saver, or at least a sanity saver, when my project to create running water from an aquifer worked flawlessly ... and drained it down a hillside for 12 levels before flooding a large jungle on its way to the sea.  The FPS was unlivable, with only 7 dwarves and 6 domestic animals.  I tried to save the situation with floodgates, but they would not finish installing them even though they placed them in position.

If it were not for the tile editor, I would be restarting that colony.  Instead, I am continuing onward with a different approach (draining off the map through a fortification).  I'll just pretend my Dwarves weren't too craven to install the floodgates.   ;D

Thanks for the great tile editor.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:12:07 pm by slink »
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

MatrexsVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2009, 01:06:01 pm »

Is this going to be upgraded to work with 40d16?

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2009, 11:47:20 pm »

Yes this was extremely helpful with 40d and my forts are suffering without it(1 tile of aquifer in the desert region in a goddamn 4x4 embark area with 1 tile being mountain, so much for cutting down the lag with all those goddamn tunnels!). I've seen people talking about using reveal with the new version and its driving me mad trying to find it.

Belal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2009, 11:45:12 am »

Yes this was extremely helpful with 40d and my forts are suffering without it(1 tile of aquifer in the desert region in a goddamn 4x4 embark area with 1 tile being mountain, so much for cutting down the lag with all those goddamn tunnels!). I've seen people talking about using reveal with the new version and its driving me mad trying to find it.

DFHack has a reveal tool which should work with all versions of df

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dfhack/

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2009, 05:47:22 pm »

Yay! Open Source!

I made some small improvements.

Tile editor:
  • Now the "Paste" button will immediately save the tile, as well.  This makes copying one tile over a large region somewhat faster
  • Fixed some crashed that would happen when in Block mode.  Simply disables the buttons, for now.  Modifying the block and/or veins will take more work, and I very much dislike Boo, so probably won't bother.

Vein Helper:
  • Added the ability to view the current Map Block data, if you have a cursor active (the K key)
  • Also shows a list of all veins in the current block.
  • Selecting a vein in the list will select it as the "From" type for Transmute actions.
  • Checkbox at the bottom will limit all actions to only the currently selected block, so that you can transmute just one cluster of low-value material, rather than do the whole map.
  • Above also true for other buttons (ignore messages for just this block, reveal veins in just this block)
  • Un-checking will still apply actions to the entire map

Screenshot:

Files:
http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/a7f9489a-bf7a-4c3f-841f-94b9605a98e7/?action=forceDL
http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/af3759e6-edac-4d7b-b78d-a442b6c255f7/?action=forceDL

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2009, 09:12:20 am »

Will this kind of thing work on the 40D##'s? I have 40D11 with Maydays graphics pack and I think this could be useful.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2009, 09:34:41 am »

Not d11, but d16.  ;D
Finis sanctificat media.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2009, 06:11:23 am »

Im running 40d Mayday Tileset and apparently I have a Unsupported version. When it comes to attaching it errors on me about the version, and I can either ignore or quit. Quitting obv quits, Ignoring it just makes it sit there doing nothing for hours on end.

?
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11