Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]  (Read 76387 times)

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D4 - Summer Classes [3/7, 0/2, 1/1]
« Reply #420 on: November 22, 2011, 03:16:58 am »

Shark

Don't hide now...

You've been playing what seems the most town like game up to now, yet looking back you had the same strategy Shoes had. You hid and only posted what was needed to stay under the radar.

You almost played the perfect game, too bad Shakerag appeared and rustled you up. I like how you demand for the investigation knowing what the answer would be.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 22, 2011, 10:53:22 am »

Hey Shark:  I really like how you responded to the last part of my message here, but not the bolded part.

Quote from: Shark
Meh, either way, shakerag, you've lost unless you're a roleblocker. However, considering how little of a shit you seem to give about andrew, I believe it. I'm betting that you went to vote me so quickly because you know that andrew isn't a threat to you, if this situation is correct.
You sound awfully sure here, Shark.  How exactly are you certain that "I've lost" when, as of your post, Andrew hadn't posted his investigation yet? 

Again, I'm not following your logic here.  If I was a roleblocker, how would Andrew not be a threat to me?  I'd appreciate a further explanation of this paragraph as well.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 23, 2011, 12:35:44 am »

The game is over!

So, it seems that Shark is the one to be eliminated once and for all. Let's see if the two remaining loyal agents will succeed...

As Shakerag and Andrew empty out Shark's pockets, they find a radio identical to the one Shoesandhats possessed, along with a ticket identifying him as a 'roleblocker' in this game.

With this discovery, a pit opens under Shark and he falls down, never to be seen again.

Well done!

A small burst of confetti falls from the roof.

Shakerag, Andrew425, welcome to our glorious organization. Don't worry about your teammates, they too have been offered full positions here. You all will be a grand addition to our little family.

The town has won!

Scum chat here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/kXy6vC53vXL. Due to QuickTopic refusing to cooperate with me, there was no deadchat. The ICs will now have a chance to provide feedback on everyone's play.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]
« Reply #424 on: November 23, 2011, 01:08:58 am »

I spent most of days 3 and 4 fighting the urge to vote Shark even though I wasn't actually in the game.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 23, 2011, 01:09:17 am »

Quote from: Shark
KILL Remalle

ROLEBLOCK Andrew

LNCP, i'm going to try and get shakerag lynched, some of his later d3 stuff seemed really sloppy to me.
Don't have much time right now but here is my results.

Shark is town.

So that means Shakerag is scum. Unless Shark is the godfather.
Soooo, yeah.  What the hell was up with that?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 23, 2011, 01:09:53 am »

Sorry for being a terrible(IE non-existent) co-mod this game. There was shit going down and I wasn't really up to it.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 23, 2011, 01:10:08 am »

I think Andrew mistook a block for a town result.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 23, 2011, 01:10:46 am »

I spent most of days 3 and 4 fighting the urge to vote Shark even though I wasn't actually in the game.
Anything you spotted that I didn't pick up on? 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 23, 2011, 01:11:30 am »

Sorry for being a terrible(IE non-existent) co-mod this game. There was shit going down and I wasn't really up to it.
Yeah, I kind of wondered where the hell you went off to.  Especially since there was no notice.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 23, 2011, 01:12:36 am »

No. He didn't mistake a block.

He was bluffing.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 23, 2011, 01:29:03 am »

What the hell?

Andrew425, why did you claim Shark was town when you were roleblocked?

Remalle, your doctor claim worked out wonderfully, but it was an incredibly risky move that could have horrendously backfired on you. There's very rarely any good reason for town to fakeclaim, and especially in a limited role setup like this the consequences can be very terrible. Consider if there had been a Doctor in the game who hadn't claimed for whatever reason. He spots your fakeclaim and counterclaims, and because we're good ICs we tell you that in situations where there are two claims for a role there can only be one instance of it stands to reason that one of the claimants will be scum. This limits the choice of the day's lynch to you or the Doctor and since it was lylo and you are both town the game essentially is over right at that point. No amount of pleading that you were trying to catch the nightkill by fakeclaiming Doctor would have saved you or the town from losing.

While I will applaud you for being bold and trying out a gambit (which was really cool don't get me wrong), you probably should avoid doing anything like that in the future. (Naturally, once you reach a point where you're confident you can play with riskier tactics you can do it to your hearts' content, though once you reach that point I doubt you'll really want to.)

Also, a note about Day 4 when there was three players and one claimed cop: Generally, role results are helpful in finding scum but since a lot of the time there will be roles that will screw with these role results you don't want to exclusively rely on them. The main thrust of this is that you should always be scumhunting. If you can't rely on a Cop's results, like you couldn't at Day 4 because of the possibility of a Godfather, then don't; make up for it by doing good scumhunting. Even if you can rely on a Cop's results, you should still never stop scumhunting.

Anyway, good job, town. Since I've been involved, I don't think the town has ever won without a lot of help from the ICs, so you can feel pretty good about that. If you have any questions about your play I'll answer them.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 23, 2011, 01:55:42 am »

If you have any questions about your play I'll answer them.

I suppose just a general critique?  Strong/weak points?  Where to focus on improvement?  Things I should have picked up on but didn't? 

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 23, 2011, 02:15:45 am »

Andrew425, why did you claim Shark was town when you were roleblocked?

I thought that it would give me the best chance. I was fairly sure that both Shark and Shakerag were only going to vote each other so I told a story that one would see right through and the other wouldn't. Shark looked like he was playing along with it a bit too much so that's why I voted for him. I don't know if it was the right move but it gave me more to play off of.

Shark how many times have you been mafia in the past little while?

All in all I had fun and I hope the others did as well.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 23, 2011, 02:35:00 am »

I suppose just a general critique?  Strong/weak points?  Where to focus on improvement?  Things I should have picked up on but didn't? 

Once you subbed in you were the strongest player in the game, so there's not a lot in the way of useful criticism I can give you other than to keep on trucking. I was actually very happy you subbed in since you provided a much needed kick in the pants to the game and you were the only one who was really trying to get anything done during Day 4.

You could move on to other games with more experienced players and fit in.

I guess you could cut down on the double and triple posts. That won't significantly improve your game but it will significantly improve your presentation, and I think you've heard my rant about that before.

I thought that it would give me the best chance. I was fairly sure that both Shark and Shakerag were only going to vote each other so I told a story that one would see right through and the other wouldn't. Shark looked like he was playing along with it a bit too much so that's why I voted for him. I don't know if it was the right move but it gave me more to play off of.

That was a bad idea. Don't do that again. It confuses the issue at lylo and that's exactly when you don't want the issue confused. If you tried that sort of thing in any other game with more experienced players, they would know you were completely full of shit, but they'd be able to play ignorance well enough that you wouldn't know it. You shouldn't try anything like that and you shouldn't make any judgments based on what you find from that. It worked out for you this game, but it could have just as easily worked out terribly and this conversation we're having right now would have a drastically different tone.

Like I was saying to Remalle, there's very rarely any good reason to fakeclaim as town, so unless you really know what you're doing (like on the level where you can competently IC a Beginner's Mafia) you should avoid risky play like that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30