Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]  (Read 76392 times)

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D4 - Summer Classes [3/7, 0/2, 1/1]
« Reply #405 on: November 18, 2011, 03:01:19 pm »

Wait, missed Remalle's post on Nov 16. That changed some of my argument. I'm going to fix it.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 18, 2011, 03:08:47 pm »

Okay, fucked that up, remalle claimed doctor to make himself a target for the scum. It worked, and our cop is still alive, but shakerag's dumb enough to believe that? Remember remalle's long arguments on how the doctor should claim earlier in the day? Kinda obvious that he claimed just to ensure andrew gets his investigation. Still, I missed that post, so what I was telling andrew doesn't mean much anymore.

Meh, either way, shakerag, you've lost unless you're a roleblocker. However, considering how little of a shit you seem to give about andrew, I believe it. I'm betting that you went to vote me so quickly because you know that andrew isn't a threat to you, if this situation is correct.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 18, 2011, 04:00:30 pm »

Don't have much time right now but here is my results.

Shark is town.

So that means Shakerag is scum. Unless Shark is the godfather.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 18, 2011, 04:44:44 pm »

Shark is town.

Then you should be trying to figure out if he is or not.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 18, 2011, 05:11:13 pm »

Hi, Shark.  Wake up on the overly defensive side of the bed today?

"Kind of funny how Shoes didn't react to you voting him right away on D3.  Actually, he didn't interact with you D3 at all.  I guess he didn't need to, since you told him he was getting bussed in scumchat, eh? "
Bullshit argument, and you know it. He hardly responded to anything throughout day 2 and 3, including pretty much everyone who was voting him D3. Also, you haven't even waited for andrew's cop result. Scared of what it contains? You know he must have investigated one of us.
Alright, but he *was* interacting with Andrew D3, and not with you at all.  It's not like the ICs have mentioned that newscum are less likely to interact with thier partner or anything.  And like I mentioned earlier, I didn't necessarily need Andrew's result to finger you as scum.  Looking at the situation, it didn't seem plausable for Andrew/Shoes to be the scumteam.

Quote from: Shark
Also, I bet you're saying that you believe andrew just because you know that you have to get him to agree with you to lynch me. You were so suspicious, now you're not because you're telling andrew how smart he is. "I don't realistically see that one or both of them could come up with a fake cop claim and not have some glaring holes in it." If you really believe andrew, you'd ask him what his investigation revealed. You don't care if he's a cop or not, you just want him to like you.
I believe Andrew because, given the circumstantial evidence, it would be impractical for me to do otherwise.  And I don't see how you came to the conclusion that I'm trying to suck up to Andrew or how I think he's so smart.  I clearly stated that I believed Andrew to be too inexperienced to be able to pull off a fake cop claim (no offence, Andrew).  You're twisting my words around, not addressing what I'm actually saying, and that is only making you look scummier and scummier. 

Furthermore:  I was suspicious of Andrew's claim D3 because I had reason to be.  I've detailed my reasons for this already.  And I think Andrew's a big enough boy that he can come in here and tell us his results without my/our asking. 

So, Shakerag, was it annoying trying to save shoes? You VOTED me when I went after shoes. Your reasoning was that I was being too hasty. You were trying to get me to slow down and keep shoes alive, get me lynched instead. Also, you were the LAST to vote shoes, and we already had a majority vote on him, so to make yourself look more town, you do BIG BOLD RED TEXT. Don't try to deny that the BIG BOLD TEXT was only for your image, enlarging text doesn't do jack gamewise.
I was trying to save Shoes?  News to me.  I voted you D3 because:
-Your gung-ho attitude.  You gave little consideration to Andrew fakeclaiming and Remalle being a godfather. 
-The change in tone of your posting from D1/D2 to D3.  You came across as nervous or jumpy where you hadn't been before.  Which leads to my third reason ...
-Pressure vote.  I was getting a gut suspicion of you by that time, and I wanted to see how you'd react to being voted in LYLO.  Which you responded to rather defensively, I might add.

The "BIG BOLD RED TEXT" had nothing to do with me being town.  It was an attention grabber for Shoes, whom I had been trying to get answers out of for several posts.  Because, you know, apparently repeatedly posting questions to him with his name bolded (and even FoSing him) wasn't getting me anywhere.  Making an issue of me voting last is petty, because I had solid reasons for voting him. 

"You know, which is why you were often yelling for him to get back in here, and even going so far as to ask if he'd get replaced." Funny. Realize I was doing this because I was on the edge of voting him? All of D2? I had no material though, to lead a train on him, so I waited until D3. My target got lynched in the end.
Okay, I can go back to D2 and analyze this in more detail if you really want, but I think it's safe to say that if you wanted to bus Shoes D2, there would have been more than enough rope to hang him with even then.  But instead, now it looks like you were softballing because you didn't vote (or even FoS) him.

Andrew, investigation, now. I have a feeling shakerag kept you alive because, as we've seen earlier, he's told us how you're a "terrible player etc". You're alive because he thinks he can control you to get me dead. Don't be an idiot.
Appeal to Emotion.  Don't do that.  Unless you like looking like scum, of course.

PPE:  This post is getting big.  I'll address the newer posts separately.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 18, 2011, 05:28:43 pm »

Okay, fucked that up, remalle claimed doctor to make himself a target for the scum. It worked, and our cop is still alive, but shakerag's dumb enough to believe that? Remember remalle's long arguments on how the doctor should claim earlier in the day? Kinda obvious that he claimed just to ensure andrew gets his investigation. Still, I missed that post, so what I was telling andrew doesn't mean much anymore.
I'm dumb enough to believe what exactly?  That Remalle was the doctor?  I don't follow your logic, and this paragraph is kind of hard to read.  Could you rephrase? 

Meh, either way, shakerag, you've lost unless you're a roleblocker. However, considering how little of a shit you seem to give about andrew, I believe it. I'm betting that you went to vote me so quickly because you know that andrew isn't a threat to you, if this situation is correct.
You sound awfully sure here, Shark.  How exactly are you certain that "I've lost" when, as of your post, Andrew hadn't posted his investigation yet? 

Again, I'm not following your logic here.  If I was a roleblocker, how would Andrew not be a threat to me?  I'd appreciate a further explanation of this paragraph as well.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 18, 2011, 05:54:20 pm »

Shark is town.

Well, I'm vanilla town like I claimed D3.  Of course, that statement alone is worth little.

So.  It looks like Christmas came early for Shark this year.

Well, knowing that Shark is a godfather, that makes his D3 posts a little more interesting.  Clearly Shark was ready and willing to believe Andrew was a cop, because he'd be safe from investigation.  I'll have to explore this line of thinking later; stuff to do now.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 19, 2011, 08:48:37 pm »

Been busy today hanging with friends and stuff i'll make a good post in a hour or two.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 19, 2011, 09:11:42 pm »

Laziness is not something you can afford to do at lylo.

Work work work work work work work.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 20, 2011, 11:02:37 am »

Fell asleep instead of posting like a boss. Well, we can always extend if we need it, seeing how andrew isn't saying jack.

Something really bothers me here, one of your reasons for voting me D3. "-Pressure vote.  I was getting a gut suspicion of you by that time, and I wanted to see how you'd react to being voted in LYLO.  Which you responded to rather defensively, I might add."

One, D3 was LYLO, I didn't want to die for obvious reasons. Two, you're the scum, and a lot of my posts in D3, including those defensive ones, I attacked you. You weren't going for a pressure vote, you legit wanted to start throwing suspicion on me because you figured out that you couldn't get andrew or remalle lynched if you tried. This is why I defended myself, you've known since Andrew's claim that you need to get me lynched because, with andrew's claim, i'm the easiest town to lynch, being one of the 3 unconfirmed on D3. You've been planning to lynch me since D3 because you knew during night you'd kill andrew or remalle.

"Well, knowing that Shark is a godfather, that makes his D3 posts a little more interesting.  Clearly Shark was ready and willing to believe Andrew was a cop, because he'd be safe from investigation.  I'll have to explore this line of thinking later; stuff to do now."

Yeah, remember when you kept telling me that andrew might be lying? You were scared of a cop. That's why you got lucky that I got investigated, not you, because you can spew godfather bullshit. I was ready to believe that andrew's cop because, I don't know, LYLO? Maybe because you're scum you knew who was who, but I didn't besides myself. Andrew's investigations gave me a solid reason to finally go after shoes, because he had to be scum if andrew was telling the truth, and he ended up being scum. You were trying to discredit andrew, just in case a doctor claimed or saved him, because you knew D4 would be really shaky for you, and impossible if you got investigated.

You're just BSing stuff at this point, only reason it's not game over for you is because andrew investigated me and that gives you a lie to tell andrew. (But wait, don't kill me, there's a small chance shark is godfather! I'm totally innocent!)

I'm a lazy jackass who doesn't answer questions shakerag asks me, but tbh, some of them are kind of dumb. "If I was a roleblocker, how would Andrew not be a threat to me?" Dude, roleblockers have the unique ability of, I don't know, roleblocking? If you were a roleblocker, but you're not because andrew investigated successfully, you would have roleblocked or killed andrew. I'm 90% sure you can both roleblock and kill in one night.

Getting bored of the post/mafia game, gonna go play skyrim or something.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 21, 2011, 03:13:31 am »

Ok... I think I am sober enough to post.

I'm a lazy jackass who doesn't answer questions shakerag asks me

Shark, if you aren't going to ask the questions no matter how dumb they seem its seems suspicious. You also seem to be cracking under Shakerag's pressure.

Yeah, remember when you kept telling me that andrew might be lying? You were scared of a cop.

Why would he be remotely scared of me being a cop? All I had done to that point was confirm myself and Remalle of being Town.

Now if we go back and look at all of Shoes posts what do we see? The first thing he does is try to vote for Shakerag as a RVS. Maybe this is because he wants to appear to have no connection to him. Jim ferreted him out fairly quickly, and he seems to have had difficulty between picking either Dsarker or Shakerag. Though his final vote was on Shakerag.

I'm still trying to figure out if it means anything.

Shakerag here's a quick question for you. If you were the scum and had the roleblock power what would have been your move last night?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 21, 2011, 11:28:55 am »

Shakerag here's a quick question for you. If you were the scum and had the roleblock power what would have been your move last night?

I'm not sure what you're looking for with this question, but I'll humor you all the same.

Hmm.  Well, given that situation, if I was a roleblocker, I would certainly be afraid of a cop claim, because I wouldn't have any defense if I got inspected.  So I'd want to prevent the inspection, by either blocking or killing the cop.  However, I'd have to take Remalle's doctor claim into consideration as well.  Working out the possiblities:

Kill Shark, block Andrew: Would put me in a poor position, leaving a claimed cop and someone inspected as town alive.  I'd have to argue Remalle was a godfather or (more difficult) try and discredit Andrew's cop claim.
Kill Remalle, block Andrew: Even poorer situation, as Shark would likely be going after me, and I don't think I could convince Shark to vote for Andrew.  Would have to try and convince Andrew that Shark is the roleblocker or force a tie somehow.
Kill Andrew, block Remalle: Similar to situation #2, but swap Remalle for Andrew.  Although, my course of action would likely depend on how Remalle handled his doctor claim D4. 

So, I think the first situation would be the best for me were I a roleblocker, as Shark would be out of the way, and I think I'd stand a better chance trying to mislynch Remalle, especially since he fumbled a bit at the end of D2.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 21, 2011, 01:16:40 pm »

One, D3 was LYLO, I didn't want to die for obvious reasons.
Understandable, because you had a majority of votes on you.  Oh, wait, you didn't.  To get that defensive, that early in the day, with only one vote on you ...

Quote from:
Two, you're the scum, and a lot of my posts in D3, including those defensive ones, I attacked you. You weren't going for a pressure vote, you legit wanted to start throwing suspicion on me because you figured out that you couldn't get andrew or remalle lynched if you tried. This is why I defended myself, you've known since Andrew's claim that you need to get me lynched because, with andrew's claim, i'm the easiest town to lynch, being one of the 3 unconfirmed on D3. You've been planning to lynch me since D3 because you knew during night you'd kill andrew or remalle.

Actually, as I outlined in my previous post, if I was scum I'd want to kill you N3, because I know you're possibly the most experienced player left.  I feel that I would have had a much easier time trying to pin a mislynch on Andrew or Remalle.  And, of course, from my perspective, you were going after me D3 to make your D4 case easier. 

Yeah, remember when you kept telling me that andrew might be lying? You were scared of a cop. That's why you got lucky that I got investigated, not you, because you can spew godfather bullshit. I was ready to believe that andrew's cop because, I don't know, LYLO?
As I detailed D3, LYLO is a time to be very cautious and consider every possiblity before comitting.  Between Andrew and his partner, they could have easily come up with a fake cop claim, and that needed to be taken into consideration.  But outside of a token acknowledgement, you were absolutely ready and willing to accept his claim.  Why?  Because if you got inspected, you knew you'd show up as town, and that would make trying to mislynch me all the more easier.  And you've since been trying to twist my words of caution around to make it look like Shoes was my partner and I was defending him. 

Maybe because you're scum you knew who was who, but I didn't besides myself. Andrew's investigations gave me a solid reason to finally go after shoes,
This has been gone over before.  Shoes' D1/D2 play had plenty of reasons to go after him for. 

because he had to be scum if andrew was telling the truth, and he ended up being scum.
This is blatantly false.  If Andrew's claim was true, then on D3 (to Andrew and Remalle at least) you and I could have been scum as well. 

You were trying to discredit andrew, just in case a doctor claimed or saved him, because you knew D4 would be really shaky for you, and impossible if you got investigated.
Unless I were a roleblocker/godfather, but then if I was scum the D4 setup would be different anyway, and we're really just pushing into WIFOM territory here. 

Quote from:
You're just BSing stuff at this point, only reason it's not game over for you is because andrew investigated me and that gives you a lie to tell andrew. (But wait, don't kill me, there's a small chance shark is godfather! I'm totally innocent!)

I'm a lazy jackass who doesn't answer questions shakerag asks me, but tbh, some of them are kind of dumb. "If I was a roleblocker, how would Andrew not be a threat to me?" Dude, roleblockers have the unique ability of, I don't know, roleblocking? If you were a roleblocker, but you're not because andrew investigated successfully, you would have roleblocked or killed andrew. I'm 90% sure you can both roleblock and kill in one night.

Getting bored of the post/mafia game, gonna go play skyrim or something.
And now you're just coming across as smug and cocky.  You're the godfather.  You got inspected and came up as town.  The feeling that you pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and are assured victory is so strong it's palpable.  And that's making you overconfident that you can just sit back and wait for me to get lynched, and not have to bother with what I'm saying anymore.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 21, 2011, 03:27:14 pm »

Laziness is not something you can afford to do at lylo.

Work work work work work work work.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 21, 2011, 11:53:14 pm »

Votecount:

Shakerag [2]: Andrew425, Shark
Shark [1]: Shakerag

Day ends in 24 hours!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30