Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]  (Read 76438 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D3 - Finals [5/7, 0/2, 1/1]
« Reply #375 on: November 11, 2011, 04:01:00 pm »

Andrew:  Waaay back here you asked Jim who he would save N1 if he was the doctor.  Jim said he'd pick Toaster, since the ICs are always the first to go.  Why did you choose to inspect Toaster N1 anyway if you had reason to believe he might be a prime candidate for getting killed, thereby wasting your inspection?

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 11, 2011, 07:03:13 pm »

Andrew:  Waaay back here you asked Jim who he would save N1 if he was the doctor.  Jim said he'd pick Toaster, since the ICs are always the first to go.  Why did you choose to inspect Toaster N1 anyway if you had reason to believe he might be a prime candidate for getting killed, thereby wasting your inspection?

If you notice the previous reply before it was mostly because Jim wanted people to be more active so I tried.

The reason I kept asking people what they would do as doctor was because I wanted to get a sense of who they were getting a read on. I didn't ask cop questions because I was scared the mafia would suspect me.

The reason I still went with Toaster was because I needed to make sure that the mafia wasn't an IC. And if their was a doctor they would have likely tried to save Toaster as well.

This is a really interesting posts that have been going on.

Shark wants to vote out Shoes because he thinks Shakerag and Shoes are mafia.

Shakerag wants to vote out Shark because he thinks Shoes and Shark are mafia.

If both of you think that Shoes must be the mafia why aren't you both voting for him?
It makes me suspect that both of you are the mafia and are trying to confuse the vote.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 11, 2011, 07:30:22 pm »

Shark wants to vote out Shoes because he thinks Shakerag and Shoes are mafia.
Shakerag wants to vote out Shark because he thinks Shoes and Shark are mafia.
If both of you think that Shoes must be the mafia why aren't you both voting for him?
It makes me suspect that both of you are the mafia and are trying to confuse the vote.
I'm pretty sure out of Shoes, Shark, and Shake, each suspects the other two of being scum.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 11, 2011, 07:43:50 pm »

That's what i'm saying if they both suspect the other two of being scum why aren't they ok with both voting out shoes?

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 11, 2011, 09:03:20 pm »

Yesterday was a bad idea. I was all "Ohh lets try and rush and do ALL THE THINGS NOW because I won't post when skyrim comes out!"

I was trying to get crap done because I value skyrim more than mafia, and i'm going to be lazy and useless unless I force my ass to post.

"And how did you come to 5.55% chance?"

Math, but I messed it up. My original reasoning: There's a 50% chance of a godfather, and the game started with 9 people. The chance of a given player being the don is 1/18, which is 5.55%. Although, now that 4 people, who are town, are dead... huh, now it's like 20%, statistically. (5 of us are left, 40% of people are scum, halve that because there's only a 50% chance a godfather exists)

I'll post a MUCH better post tommorow morning. Shakerag, you bring up good points, especially because I was being dumb, and I will respond to that post in detail.

Andrew, Remalle, I wanna hear more from you when I get back. You are you suspecting? Should we wait back and not vote shoes?
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D1 - Good Day to Test [7/7, 2/2, 1/1]
« Reply #380 on: November 11, 2011, 09:44:26 pm »

I saw a reference to statistics earlier.  That is not going to help you find scum, so don't even bother with it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D1 - Good Day to Test [7/7, 2/2, 1/1]
« Reply #381 on: November 12, 2011, 12:40:25 am »

I saw a reference to statistics earlier.  That is not going to help you find scum, so don't even bother with it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 13, 2011, 09:27:24 am »

Wow, I skip a day and don't check the topic, come back, and no one actually says anything but IC's.

Shakerag: "And, again, from my point of view you and Shoes would have to be scum were Andrew's claim true.  You/shoes and me/shoes can't both be the scumteam at the same time.  So if Andrew really is telling the truth, and Remalle really isn't a godfather, then one or both of us have to be lying. "

I agree with this. This is mainly why my post against you was so jumpy, because as I said earlier, I was trying to get things done because I knew that I would end up forgetting the topic for a day.(skyrim is pretty much the best game)

OKAY IC's, I get the point xP.

I'm starting to not like andrew anymore because he makes his claim and stops, without ever going into who he suspects or who he's gonna vote. Earlier, he said that we could "expect his vote later tonight" on november 10th. And then, because he seems safe, he stops posting. ...Really?

Not sure what to believe right now, everyone not posting for a day didn't help. I know I said I would post yesterday, blah blah hypocrite, but still, NONE of you guys posted? Urf. If we're going to slow down and look at things in more detail, can we actually do it?

Remalle, Andrew, like I said in my last post, I want to hear from you guys. Especially andrew, because you're not backing up your claim anymore. Remalle, you've mostly defended yourself and haven't really said anything useful to town since november 10th.

This day is basically as confusing as balls.

Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 13, 2011, 11:54:02 pm »

Ahh man.  I was going to post last night and fell asleep -_-

Shoes: Seriously.  Did you just give up or something?  Are you really even still playing? 

I've given a fair amount of thought to who we have left and who would likely be scum.

If Andrew's claim is true, and Remalle isn't a godfather, then Shark and Shoes have to be scum, hands down.

If Andrew's claim isn't true, I have to agree with Shark in that I'm not sure Andrew could pull that off himself ... but maybe his partner could.  And out of the remaining players, Shark is likely the most experienced (or at least comes across as the strongest player), and could be telling Andrew what to say, were they both scum. 

Of course, if Remalle is a godfather, then that shoots everything to hell.

However, at this point, regardless of logic, scumteam theory, and/or what I think the scumteam would want me to do, I'm a hairsbreadth away from voting Shoes on pure. fucking. principle.

Shark's made his point, and I've made a few myself.  I'd like to see Andrew's, Shoes', and Remalle's analysis on who's left and who's scummy. 

I feel like we're likely going to need an extend before this is through anyway. 

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 13, 2011, 11:58:17 pm »

Votecount:

Shoesandhats [1] - Shark
Shark [1] - Shakerag
Not Voting [3] - Shoesandhats, Remalle, andrew425

Day ends Tuesday, 9:00 PM!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 14, 2011, 12:13:05 am »

Not Voting [3] - Shoesandhats, Remalle, andrew425

It's fucking lylo.

Play the goddamn game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 14, 2011, 12:46:37 am »

Well, this seems as good a time as any to post my opinions. At this point, I'm sure you guys don't think I have any.

Andrew: I suppose that for the purposes of today, revealing that he was a cop was a good idea. It could still be a scum move to turn us against each other more than we were before, though. Otherwise, he hasn't acted very scummy, from what I can tell.
Shakerag: Besides his other reasons for voting for me, lynching lurkers is generally a bad idea. It just reduces your own numbers and gets the scum to victory quicker.
Shark: He's a little too quick to criticize people, but that's generally a good trait in this game. Seems like he's afraid people will accuse him of not hunting enough. Quite jumpy, too. Not enough suspicions from me to vote for him, though.
Remalle: When you asked Andrew about his copping-police-po-po strategy, that seemed like you were trying to avoid getting investigated. Otherwise, for the most part, you're still posting RVS questions. You seem to be rather casual about it, too, as if you know for a fact that other people are townies.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 14, 2011, 12:55:58 am »

Well, this seems as good a time as any to post my opinions.

Oh, of course. When the IC gets fucking pissed at your habitual inactivity.

The best time to post your opinions is well fucking before that point.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 14, 2011, 03:14:15 am »

Ok here who I am voting for and why.

Shark: I've read posts by him in other games when he was scum and he acted a lot different, granted everyone is terrible at asking questions but he seems to be playing town very well.

Remelle: Could be the godfather but it's too risky to vote for him on the off chance. Has been playing a fairly solid town role so far.

Shakerag: Drakon's inactivity doesn't hurt you, you've been playing a decent job at town.

Shoes I can't tell if Shark or Shakerag is scum but it's fairly obvious that you're their scumbuddy, and you throw a vote at Remelle instead of trying to to claim the other two are scum. Why are you doing this?

Shark
Do you believe I shouldn't be voting shoes? He hasn't done ANYTHING, and all he's done recently is yell at andrew

It seems that your vote for shoes is a policy vote, why are you spending the most important day in the game trying to policy lynch someone who is hardly active? If you're so sure that Shakerag is the other scum then why don't you start attacking him and trip him up?

Shakerag Your vote is on Shark, yet all your attention is at shoes, are you just going to drop the shark vote at the last second and vote out Shoes?

Shoes
lynching lurkers is generally a bad idea

Is this actually your defense?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 14, 2011, 03:30:27 am »

I'm back after a day full of girls.  Miss me?
Since I know that I'm town, I assume that Andrew actually is the cop, since if he were fakeclaiming he could just as easily clear his own partner.  So it's down to the "Sh" players.  Since there are two scum among you three, making a forced mislynch a possibility, I was going to make a bold suggestion: that you three "circle vote" each other (Shake votes Shoes, who votes Shark, who votes Shake, for example), leaving the game deciding votes to the confirmed town, Andrew and myself, and then we would wait to see who slipped up.  Since this is a tactic I've never seen used before, I had no idea how well it work, and so I was reluctant to suggestst it.  However, since I see the last post is Shoes voting me, who's been found innocent by the cop, for no real good reasons, my scumometer has been set off.  Let's dissect his post.

Well, this seems as good a time as any to post my opinions. At this point, I'm sure you guys don't think I have any.
Well, we got scummy from the first words.  Without a word of explanation he launches into what is, if I recall correctly, his first scum hunting post of the day.  His previous two were questioning why anyone would do something as crazy as reveal their role, suggesting he hadn't bothered to read the posts before him, in which the reasons for doing so are laid out.  Also, we got this delightful quote: "Why would I try to prove my innocence? Scumhunting in it and of itself is partly essential to proving your innocence.".  Well... we can see he's not been defending himself, but I don't see any scumhunting either, so I guess he can be considered doubly suspicious.  Also, I know my record of tying timing to scumminess isn't great, but seriously man, you couldn't have picked a worse time to get back into the game then immediately after someone gives you the finger.  Moving on...

Shakerag: Besides his other reasons for voting for me, lynching lurkers is generally a bad idea. It just reduces your own numbers and gets the scum to victory quicker.
You know, every other thing you say convinces me more that you're not paying attention to this game.  Did you forget it's lylo?  Lurking just says "I'm too scared of revealing myself when we're this close to winning, so I'll say nothing and hope the vote goes another way".  And "reducing our numbers", "getting the scum closer to victory"?  Again, LYLO.  If you're not going to help the town, you're directly helping the scum, Shoes.

Remalle: When you asked Andrew about his copping-police-po-po strategy, that seemed like you were trying to avoid getting investigated. Otherwise, for the most part, you're still posting RVS questions. You seem to be rather casual about it, too, as if you know for a fact that other people are townies.
K, first, have you even read anything at all all game?  Andrew investigated me on N2.
I wanted to know his copping strategy to help confirm his claim.  Since then I've decided to believe him, for the reasons at the top of this post.
I'm asking RVS questions because I'm trying to get a better read on you, Shark, and Shake.  My two previous suspects, Caz and Andrew, both turned out to be town, leaving you three, who I didn't do much searching against before.
And... casual?  Is that actually enough to throw a vote at me, when you had just as much real evidence as against Shark, of whom you said (and I quote) "Not enough suspicions from me to vote for him, though".
I hope anyone doesn't think of this as an OMGUS, because I think he has been playing scummy enough to justify a vote even if he hadn't voted me.  ShoesandHats, you're either obvious scum, or the worst town I've ever seen.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30