Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]  (Read 76424 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D2 - Passing [6/7, 1/2, 1/1]
« Reply #345 on: November 07, 2011, 06:05:50 pm »

You guys don't know how much frustration there is in having no idea/way to prove your innocence in this game  :P

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D2 - Passing [6/7, 1/2, 1/1]
« Reply #346 on: November 08, 2011, 12:00:04 am »

The day is over (about goddamn time on my part)!

And it seems like Caz is the next to go. Too bad, he was a loyal agent as well. Your team is starting to look rather small indeed...

Speaking of which, has drakon said anything recently? At all?

Nope, looks like he hasn't. Replacement time!

With those words, a hole opens underneath drakon who falls down the pit and disappears forever.

We'll get someone to replace him by the next 'day'. Don't worry about that.

Caz has been lynched! He was a Townie!

Power roles and mafia, send me your actions.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - N2 - Low Marks [Replacement Needed] [5/7, 1/2, 1/1]
« Reply #347 on: November 10, 2011, 03:00:00 am »

Day 3 has begun!

And this time Toaster's been taken out. Sorry Toaster! Go hang out with Jim in the Observation Chamber.

Now then, five people left. What will happen now?

... Oh wait, we're one short. Hey, Shakerag, get in here. You just got promoted.

Toaster has died! He was a Townie!

Shakerag has replaced drakon136!

Day ends Monday, 9:00 PM!

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D3 - Finals [5/7, 0/2, 1/1]
« Reply #348 on: November 10, 2011, 03:10:00 am »

Hey, look. It's lylo.

This means that in order for the town to win they must lynch scum. Otherwise, they lose.

You can not be inactive. Activity is critically important and especially so during lylo. If anyone is inactive, the town will lose the game.

Go through everyone's arguments over Day 1 and Day 2, examine them closely, and if anything pops up, ask them about it. Do not let anyone go through lylo unscrutinized and do not let anyone go through lylo without participating.

After you've looked closely at the evidence, make your judgment, and try to convince others of your arguments. If you're right, you get to do the same dance on Day 4, but with three people instead of five. If you're wrong, you lose.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 10, 2011, 03:54:36 am »

Oh look, Toaster died.  What a surprise.  What a dumb scum play.
I don't know why I changed my vote to Caz.  It was clearly a mistake.  My arguments against him stand, but it's a new day, so I'll continue looking for evidence.
Andrew: your thoughts on Shakerag joining the game?  Will you adjust your strategy at all?  How do you think the situation should be played?
Actually, same question to the ICs.  How is a replacement entering the picture generally handled?
Shakerag: welcome!  Please please pretty please be more active than your predecessor, please.  I don't know anything about you yet, except that you have the same role as Drakon did, so assuming you've been watching the game from the beginning, please tell what questions or comments you may have wanted to post throughout the game.
Shoes: planning on being more active today?
Shark: looking back with the knowledge that he was town, do you regret voting Caz?

I'll be back with a far more comprehensive post sometime in the next two days.  Right now I should be sleeping, and I'm sure I'll look back on this post tomorrow and kick myself for being an idiot in some way.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 10, 2011, 09:04:51 am »

Jim said it all, so let me just say go read Jim's post again.

LYLO is crunch time.  You MUST be active, and you MUST go through all the old posts.  Examine everything, and look for anything that doesn't seem right to you.  Interrogate anyone over anything out of place they have.

This is the last chance- you must LYnch or LOse (hence LYLO!)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 10, 2011, 12:49:49 pm »

Okay, wow.  Jumping into LYLO.  No pressure or anything. 

Toaster:  I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that massclaiming at LYLO is an acceptable (and possibly good) tactic.  True/false?

On to the analysis.

Shoes:  If this wasn't LYLO, I'd vote for him as a policy lynch, since he's contributed little.  Looking back over what posts he does have, I feel like I was able to dismiss most other suspicions as either newtells or because someone else flipped town.  I find it a little curious that Shoes never responded or reacted to both ICs thinking he and Dsarker were the scumteam.  Also, Jim fingered Shoes as a prime scum suspect and then died N1.  That's likely a nulltell because Jim has a nasty habit of dying N1 or N2, but it was enough to cause an eyebrow to twitch.  Likely town.

Andrew425:  His posts have been making me suspicious of him for a large part of the game.  When going back and reading, he's asked questions of other people about what they would do as a doctor *a lot*.  That immediately makes me think of two things: he's either newbdoctor, or he's actually showing a bit of cunning as scum and trying to feel out who might not be a target for protection.  Also, this post here is interesting how it parallels Remalle's post just above.  Additionally, while re-reading the thread, it seemed like he got a sudden burst of scumhunting inspiration D2 that he didn't have before.  Voting for Caz and FoSing Remalle on D2 ... I've heard somewhere on these forums before that scum will vote someone and FoS thier teammate. 

Remalle:  Really weak reasons for switching to Caz D2 before the deadline, even though his Andrew case seemed to be much stronger.  I can't help but think that maybe he switched his vote to Caz just in case someone else were to switch thier vote to Andrew...  And, yeah, his case on Caz was just really weak.  Caz responding to a question aimed at Andrew seemed like a mistake (like Toaster mentioned) and pulling up the tired/time issue was ... weak at best.  The whole thing just felt forced, like he was trying to find something, anything to pin on Caz right then and there.  And now on D3, I feel like his first post is very much "I'm trying to look as town as possible".  Asking Shark if he regrets voting Caz comes across as trying too hard to appear town.  Off topic, but had the best out of context quote this game, which I am now sigging.

Shark:  Has been playing really solidly all game.  He's got the fewest number of posts of anyone, but what he does post is generally solid scumhunting.  Frankly, if Shark really is scum, he totally deserves to win, because he's convinced practically everyone that he's solid town. 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 10, 2011, 01:00:29 pm »

A massclaim at LYLO is standard procedure generally.  If the cop is living, now is a pretty good time to come forward with findings, though a doctor claim (with no successful protections) isn't as priority.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 10, 2011, 01:20:31 pm »

A massclaim at LYLO is standard procedure generally.  If the cop is living, now is a pretty good time to come forward with findings, though a doctor claim (with no successful protections) isn't as priority.

I/drakon136 am a regular townie, unfortunately. 

[Another IC/mod question, while I think of it: If you sub into a game and do have a power role, do you typically get a copy of all PMs that were sent to your predecessor?  Logically, I would think so, but I'm curious anyway.]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 10, 2011, 01:21:36 pm »

The standard procedure (IE what I've done in the past) is to forward all (role and night result) PMs to the new player.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 10, 2011, 01:24:21 pm »

I think now is a good time then,

I'm the cop.

On the first night I investigated toaster, finding out he was a townie.

This second night I investigated Remalle. He is also townie.

That means out of the three of you, two of you are scum.

Currently i'm rechecking everything and seeing how the three of you acted with each other.

I guess it's your job now (Shoes, Shakerag and Shark) to prove that you are most townie.

Although it's still suspicion right now my gut tells me that Shark and Shoes are probably the scum.

Andrew: your thoughts on Shakerag joining the game?  Will you adjust your strategy at all?  How do you think the situation should be played?

From his one post Shakerag is appearing like town. I'm laying my cards down on the table as I think this is the best way forward.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 10, 2011, 02:13:19 pm »

Unvote[/quote].  I don't know yet if Andrew is actually the cop, but I'm not taking that risk, not on lylo.

Remalle:  Really weak reasons for switching to Caz D2 before the deadline, even though his Andrew case seemed to be much stronger.  I can't help but think that maybe he switched his vote to Caz just in case someone else were to switch thier vote to Andrew...  And, yeah, his case on Caz was just really weak.  Caz responding to a question aimed at Andrew seemed like a mistake (like Toaster mentioned) and pulling up the tired/time issue was ... weak at best.  The whole thing just felt forced, like he was trying to find something, anything to pin on Caz right then and there.  And now on D3, I feel like his first post is very much "I'm trying to look as town as possible".  Asking Shark if he regrets voting Caz comes across as trying too hard to appear town.
Yeah, in retrospect it was an incredibly assheaded move, but for whatever reason I thought both Caz and Andrew were scum, and instead of sticking with Andrew I switched to Caz, who I thought at the time was a surer thing.  Stupid.  Also, I know my own case was weak (note that in the very same post I brought up the timing thing I also admitted it was circumstantial at best) but others had better cases on him that had me convinced, so I guess what I was doing was providing corroborating evidence.

Off topic, but had the best out of context quote this game, which I am now sigging.
Oh great, my first sig on this forum is an accidental innuendo...

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 10, 2011, 02:52:34 pm »

Andrew: Can I have your reasons for your inspection picks please?

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 10, 2011, 03:08:44 pm »

There's also the low chance that Remalle is the godfather (scum that scans town) but it's pretty small. Also, andrew could always be lying because there's no garentee that a cop even exists, however Think DID say "power roles send in stuff" at the end of D2 so we have at least one power role. I'm willing to believe that andrew is cop and remalle is innocent.

To answer Remalle's question, I don't regret voting caz very much because otherwise we probably would have lynched the cop, andrew. He investigated you night 2, so without him, we wouldn't have been able to narrow our targets down to 3 people. (Me, Shake, Shoes)

Shakerag, you're one of the suspected three. Early on, you feel the need to tell everyone you're basic town. Already worried about what people think about you? Also, are you flattering me? There's no way i've posted less than, say, shoes. Trying to be my friend will not get you anywhere.
Also, shake, why are you still voting remalle? It's lylo and we have a cop that cleared him. Also, Think has confirmed the existence of at least one power role by asking power roles to send in actions at the end of D2, so Andrew is probably cop.

Shoes, you've been a useless lump on town the whole game. You post only enough to not be replaced, and you don't hunt. You haven't contributed a single thing besides jump on a bandwagon D1. You didn't even vote D2. You haven't done ANYTHING to help the town out, ever, and only scum would do that.

Remalle, you're confirmed town if andrew is telling the truth. Don't you dare get lazy on LYLO because of this, 2 of your recent questions boiled down to "be active"
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 10, 2011, 03:13:57 pm »

I/drakon136 am a regular townie, unfortunately. 

[Another IC/mod question, while I think of it: If you sub into a game and do have a power role, do you typically get a copy of all PMs that were sent to your predecessor?  Logically, I would think so, but I'm curious anyway.]

You would get a copy of all PMs.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30