Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]  (Read 76478 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D2 - Passing [6/7, 1/2, 1/1]
« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2011, 09:03:29 pm »

Am I allowed to post in the thread to weep softly? Just this once?

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2011, 09:34:31 pm »

Remalle, why don't you throw a vote at Caz if you suspect him? Are you just soft balling your teammate?
Because the day had just started.  There's still plenty of time to vote him AFTER I collect enough evidence against him (er, or so I assume.  I'm not actually sure when the day ends, but I guess there's at least twenty-four hours left?).
How about you, Andrew?  Trying to call both scum at once, diverting all suspicion from yourself?  Trying to get me to vote for someone that's not you?  What were you doing on D1, anyway?  I seem to recall you random voting Drakon at first and then doing nothing for the rest of the day.

Why are you acting so defensive? It was a simple question
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2011, 09:46:20 pm »

Caz:
And to everyone else - if you were cop, how would you use your findings as well as possible without revealing yourself?

Blanket questions like this do not catch scum.  However, I'll answer in the spirit of ICing.

The cop role should be used as a complement to your day game, not a replacement.  Given the possibility of a godfather (and in non-beginner games, millers), results are not foolproof.  You have to temper them to your own suspicions.  That said, if I got a scum result on someone and I trusted the result, I'd vote them and build a case on them.  If I could not build a case, I wouldn't invent something to incriminate them- I would claim it.  I'd probably claim anyway, unless maybe it was a N1 scum result in a huge game.

Town results I'd mostly just turn my focus away from the person, unless they were being incredibly scummy (here, considering possibility of godfather.)  I would be hard-pressed to claim a town result on someone just to save them from a lynch.

Speaking of which, are you scumhunting now because I called you out on it?

Nope.

Maybe you should.

I really can't tell who's scum today, so I'm going to roll the dice and vote ShoesandHats. Is that allowed?

Is it legal?  Yes.  Is it a terrible, terrible idea?  Yes.

How about I vote you, Caz, until you start hunting scum?  You can't hunt on the sideline and wait for scum to come to you, and you really can't vote randomly and expect to find them.

Andrew:
Remalle, why don't you throw a vote at Caz if you suspect him? Are you just soft balling your teammate?
Because the day had just started.  There's still plenty of time to vote him AFTER I collect enough evidence against him (er, or so I assume.  I'm not actually sure when the day ends, but I guess there's at least twenty-four hours left?).
How about you, Andrew?  Trying to call both scum at once, diverting all suspicion from yourself?  Trying to get me to vote for someone that's not you?  What were you doing on D1, anyway?  I seem to recall you random voting Drakon at first and then doing nothing for the rest of the day.

Why are you acting so defensive? It was a simple question

This is deflection.  Remalle is bringing an attack on you, and instead of responding to it, you turn it around on him.  It's a scummy move.

What's your actual response to his allegations?

Drakon:  Defending yourself (as in responding to questions and attacks) is all well and good, but to really get people to not vote for you, you need to hunt scum on your own.

You may notice I keep pressing people to hunt scum.  That's because it's the number one- indeed, the only- objective you have as town.  If you're not hunting for scum, you're not playing to win.  If you still have nothing at this point in the game, I recommend you read the Dakarian Scumhunting Bible that's spoilered at the bottom of the first post of the thread.  It's a good starting point when you have no other ideas.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2011, 10:04:03 pm »

Well his questions were redundant

Trying to call both scum at once, diverting all suspicion from yourself? No

Trying to get me to vote for someone that's not you?  You haven't yet cast a vote, let alone on me.

I seem to recall you random voting Drakon at first and then doing nothing for the rest of the day I didn't have much time and Dsarker to me was acting much more like noobtown then noobscum. Drakon made some mistakes then lurked for the rest which is why I still suspect him.

So who do you suspect the Remalle?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 29, 2011, 10:08:52 pm »

Caz

Give me at least two reasons why you're voting for me. Who else do you suspect, and why?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2011, 10:24:30 pm »

Well his questions were redundant
Explain, please.  Explain why they're redundant, and explain how "redundancy" gives you the right to ignore them.

Trying to get me to vote for someone that's not you?  You haven't yet cast a vote, let alone on me.
You're either missing my point or ignoring it.  You were, if not pressuring, nudging me to vote for Caz.

I seem to recall you random voting Drakon at first and then doing nothing for the rest of the day I didn't have much time and Dsarker to me was acting much more like noobtown then noobscum. Drakon made some mistakes then lurked for the rest which is why I still suspect him
What mistakes?  What made you think you had enough evidence that early in D1 to decide Dsarker wasn't scum?

So who do you suspect the Remalle?
I suspect everyone to some extent, but right now you've found yourself on top of my list.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 29, 2011, 10:49:29 pm »

Explain, please.  Explain why they're redundant, and explain how "redundancy" gives you the right to ignore them.

Odd how you ask that then quote my post that has all the reasons as to why they are redundant.

You're either missing my point or ignoring it.  You were, if not pressuring, nudging me to vote for Caz

I'm asking you to have some conviction behind your words, asking easy questions without pressuring is easy to ignore for Caz, throw a vote somewhere, use your only ability as town otherwise you're acting scummy.

What mistakes?  What made you think you had enough evidence that early in D1 to decide Dsarker wasn't scum?

I had no evidence that Dsarker wasn't scum, just like I had no evidence that Drakon wasn't either. I thought the evidence was better on Drakon then Dsarker.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D1 - Good Day to Test [7/7, 2/2, 1/1]
« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2011, 11:11:45 pm »

Remalle() -
Shoesandhats(1) - Caz
Shark() -
Caz(1) - Toaster
Andrew425() -
drakon136(1) - Andrew425
Toaster() -

Not Voting(1) - Shark, Shoesandhats, Remalle, drakon136

The day ends Monday 9:00 PM!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2011, 11:16:35 pm »

Odd how you ask that then quote my post that has all the reasons as to why they are redundant.
You didn't answer my question, and I'm pretty sure we're using different definitions of "redundant".

You're either missing my point or ignoring it.  You were, if not pressuring, nudging me to vote for Caz
I'm asking you to have some conviction behind your words, asking easy questions without pressuring is easy to ignore for Caz, throw a vote somewhere, use your only ability as town otherwise you're acting scummy.
Ignore?  Would you ignore questions directed at you with a FoS based on a perceived lack of "conviction"?  Or maybe you'd only notice if I voted for you instead of Caz, seeing as my only ability as town is going to waste.

I had no evidence that Dsarker wasn't scum, just like I had no evidence that Drakon wasn't either. I thought the evidence was better on Drakon then Dsarker.
Again, you didn't answer my question.  I'm so glad you had evidence on Drakon.  Would you care to share it with the rest of the class?

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2011, 11:32:54 pm »

You didn't answer my question, and I'm pretty sure we're using different definitions of "redundant".

We could be, i'm using it in the sense that if i've already answered the question asking me it again is pointless.

Ignore?  Would you ignore questions directed at you with a FoS based on a perceived lack of "conviction"?  Or maybe you'd only notice if I voted for you instead of Caz, seeing as my only ability as town is going to waste.

I might, or I might slouch it off. Right now there is nobody voting except for me and Caz. Why would Caz feel any pressure to answer your questions unless you were voting for him? Its night in about a day. Make him or someone else feel pressured otherwise we as town are screwed.

Again, you didn't answer my question.  I'm so glad you had evidence on Drakon.  Would you care to share it with the rest of the class?

I had already stated my opinion and my reasons. To reiterate, during the RVS dsarker asked drakon a few questions and drakon freaked out, voted dsarker then started lurking.

Is that incredibly scummy? no but its the best lead I have and i'm going to continue to vote drakon until he shows up and defends himself.

Shark where are you? who do you suspect?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2011, 12:10:46 am »

We could be, i'm using it in the sense that if i've already answered the question asking me it again is pointless.
Yeah, I asked more than one question, most of which hadn't been asked of you before, which as Toaster pointed out you dodged.  And if I can force a slipup by asking a question redundantly, well then, that's not so pointless is it?

I might, or I might slouch it off. Right now there is nobody voting except for me and Caz. Why would Caz feel any pressure to answer your questions unless you were voting for him? Its night in about a day. Make him or someone else feel pressured otherwise we as town are screwed.
Vote or no, avoiding a question makes it look like you have something to hide.  Just like lurking, actually, the very reason you're down on Drakon.  Speaking of which...

I had already stated my opinion and my reasons. To reiterate, during the RVS dsarker asked drakon a few questions and drakon freaked out, voted dsarker then started lurking.
Is that incredibly scummy? no but its the best lead I have and i'm going to continue to vote drakon until he shows up and defends himself.
He already did show up and defend himself, which you probably would've noticed if you hadn't been lurking yourself.  How exactly did that sequence of events convince you he was noobscum and Dsarker was noobtown, anyway?
Besides that, no matter how good or bad your reasons are, you shouldn't be sitting on them from the beginning of D1 to halfway through D2, waiting for the target of a vague suspicion to respond.  Sure, you've started asking questions now, but what were you doing until now?  Sitting on admittedly poor reasons, doing nothing, and generally being useless to the town!

Hey, guess what, Andrew?  You've convinced me that you're scum!

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2011, 02:13:33 am »

Remalle Thanks for sharing who you suspect and for putting some conviction behind your words. Who do you suspect the least right now?

How exactly did that sequence of events convince you he was noobscum and Dsarker was noobtown, anyway?
If you go back and read, you will see that I went from Drakon to Dsarker and then back to Drakon again. He has said a lot of stuff and hasn't backed it up yet, so that is why my vote is still on him

but what were you doing until now?
Doing what everyone else was doing and not posting much, i'm taking Jim's advice and i'm trying to drum up interest in the game so the scum will expose themselves.

Shoesandhats

You're doing a good job at staying under the radar, would you care to come out and ask some questions and do some scumhunting?

Caz

As the doctor who would you be saving tonight?

drakon136

I'm still waiting for you to come out and put pressure on people you think are scummy not just wait around and vote whoever other people are going after.

Toaster I'll ask you two questions, who is giving off the strongest town vibes to you and who is acting the scummiest?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2011, 07:05:47 am »

Caz

Give me at least two reasons why you're voting for me. Who else do you suspect, and why?

You haven't been scumhunting, and lurk a lot. I also thought you might be scum on day 1. Dsarker might not have been your partner, but that doesn't mean you're clear.

I suspect Andrew425 and Remalle, they both seem to be focusing on trying to make eachother appear as scum than clearing suspicion. Drakon SEEMS very scummy but I think it's just because he's not playing.

Who do you suspect?

Quote from: Toaster
Maybe you should.

Isn't that a scumtactic?

Quote from: Andrew425
Caz

As the doctor who would you be saving tonight?

Shark.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2011, 07:23:50 am »

Shark where are you? who do you suspect?

You and Shoes. I'll explain who I suspect more.

This whole situation reeks. You've been doing nothing, hiding under that radar(like shoes), until you learn what do to from other people. You haven't been trying to seem town until just now when suspicion starts flying your way, and suddenly, wow, you're doing what town should have been doing the whole game. You didn't even TRY to help town until now. Considering your previous activity, it seems that you've been avoiding attention.

Now, my argument is very similar to Remalle's at the moment, we seem to have the same reasoning, but I have more to add.

What evidence? You're making posts to explain your reasons with explaining your reasons. If you don't have any evidence that you show everyone, you're only caring about your image, and not what the vote means. Also, you're still voting drakon when Remalle tore your argument apart for doing so. This was in his post 3 posts above this, where he reminded you that yes, drakon DID show up and defend himself, and your reason for voting him was because you claimed he didn't. You have this appearance of hunting without doing the hunting, so people will not vote you.

Shoes, you are NOT off the radar. You're lurking and only respond when people talk to you, while other people point fingers at each other. Got anything to add as town? You're worthless dead weight at the moment, and it's REALLY scummy.

Also, Andrew425. You're more scummy than shoes right now. I don't have evidence against shoes yet besides lurking, but if he continues, i'm going to give him hell, because all of these recent posts have simply been blowing over his head as people don't suspect or vote him. He had better have a good defense for his actions, because he is NOT helping.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2011, 03:33:11 pm »

I'm going to request an Extend as i'm wiring up my house and don't have time to post a full reply until tommorow or late tonight
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30