Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]  (Read 76457 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D1 - Good Day to Test [7/7, 2/2, 1/1]
« Reply #210 on: October 22, 2011, 07:47:46 pm »

For now Drakon has answered his questions satisfactorily and quelled my suspicions.  Unvote.
How is, "I'm not doing anything because I'm scared I'm going to get lynched," a satisfactory answer to your questions and how does it quell your suspicions?
No, that was what made me suspect him in the first place, but his answers since then and my not finding any real evidence against him since have made me reconsider.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2011, 07:48:46 pm »

Answers such as...?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 22, 2011, 08:09:48 pm »

To those that asked why I was lurking: I had a bunch of school stuff to catch up on, and I could only get on for a few minutes at a time.
Quote from: Dsarker
He's not answering anyone.
That's because I'm not very good an answering questions. As you may have already seen, I often word my answers incorrectly.
Quote from: Dsarker
His previous answers have been, consistently, variations on the theme of 'I don't want to get lynched'.
That is because I just want to be lynched. Who does?
Now then, are there any questions that I haven't noticed?
This is why.  The only reason I had for suspecting him in the first place was the fact that he wasn't answering questions and he seemed to be lurking.  The quoted post provides explanations - maybe not great ones, but explanations nonetheless.  Since he hasn't done anything like suddenly posting a lot after being called out on not posting, I believe him and chalk his scumminess up as inexperience.
I'm not sure my thought process makes sense.  Can you follow my reasoning?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 22, 2011, 08:16:31 pm »

I can follow your reasoning, I just don't agree with it.

He wasn't answering questions before, but now that he has a shoddy reason for not answering questions, you suddenly find him less suspicious.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 22, 2011, 08:27:49 pm »

I think I understand. If he was scum, he would at least be trying to not look like scum. Or he's just counting on us thinking that. Uh oh...

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 22, 2011, 10:37:10 pm »

Shark

Say you were the roleblocker, and somehow knew who the cop and the doctor were. Who would you roleblock and why?

I would roleblock the cop. The cop being alive means that I could get caught easily, and i'd rather miss a night kill than get lynched.

Also, dsarker, in the post you asked that question, you posted a lot of other questions.
Jim
What questions would you ask someone so as to help determine if they are scum or not? Why?

Caz
If you were town, then how would you hunt out the scum? What questions would you ask and why?

Drakon
At what times would you try to appear active if you were a scum? Near the start of voting, before voting, middle of voting, or near the end of voting? Why? Would you try for an extend or not?

These questions feel like you're asking how to play scum. You ask two people how to scumhunt, and one person how to appear active as scum. Why did you ask these questions specifically? To me, it seems like you're learning how to hide yourself.

Remalle, you ask people if they can follow your reasoning. Why would you say that? Are you afraid to post your reasoning for your actions?

Caz,
I think I understand. If he was scum, he would at least be trying to not look like scum. Or he's just counting on us thinking that. Uh oh...

This is circular logic. What's the point of this post? It achieves nothing.

Shoes, you have not been posting much recently, and only come to answer a question. If you recently unvoted, why aren't you finding the person you think you should vote? You're torn between two people, yet won't question them.

Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 22, 2011, 10:53:19 pm »

Remalle, you ask people if they can follow your reasoning. Why would you say that? Are you afraid to post your reasoning for your actions?
I asked because I wanted to know.  I'm here to learn how to play better, and I've never been a good debater even outside of mafia.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 23, 2011, 07:07:22 pm »

Drakon

At what times would you try to appear active if you were a scum? Near the start of voting, before voting, middle of voting, or near the end of voting? Why? Would you try for an extend or not?
I would try to be on in the middle of voting so that I would be able to help drum up more suspicion on the current person people were trying to get lynched, or get redirect their suspicion to someone else if the current person they were trying to lynch was scum.
Also, I would not vote to extend unless people were voting to lynch scum. If they were voting to lynch a townie, then there would be no point in extending, because it would give the person more time to defend themself.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 23, 2011, 07:44:59 pm »

Shoes, you have not been posting much recently, and only come to answer a question. If you recently unvoted, why aren't you finding the person you think you should vote? You're torn between two people, yet won't question them.

Eh, I guess I've become a little disinterested in mafia as of late. Perhaps its due to the inactivity of a lot of the other players, perhaps its just genuine boredom. As for the actual question, I probably haven't asked many questions due to my inactivity, so without further ado:

Dsarker

If you were scum and everybody suspected you, how would you try to draw suspicion away from you?

Drakon

Same question as above.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 23, 2011, 07:56:23 pm »

Drakon

Same question as above.
I would probably try to counter their accusations of me being scum, and draw their suspicion to someone else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2011, 12:27:32 pm »

ShoesandHats:
Shoesandhats

Why did you unvote me?

Because to me, you weren't acting very scummy. As of now, I'm not sure what to think. Your arguments with Jim reveal that your desperately trying to prove your innocent, which is somewhat scum-like. I'm torn between you and Drakon at the moment.

What are you doing to resolve this dilemma?  Hint:  You should be interrogating them.

RVS-style questions aren't sufficient in this case.  We're far enough along in the game that you should be asking about current events, such as their actions and their motivations for them. 

Caz:
Drakon136: Are you even going to try playing? I can't remember the last time you made a post.

Prodding lurkers is a common tactic of scum, since it makes them look like they're participating without actually doing so- especially if they're not scum hunting anyone else.

Hint hint.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 24, 2011, 02:10:02 pm »

Eh, I guess I've become a little disinterested in mafia as of late. Perhaps its due to the inactivity of a lot of the other players, perhaps its just genuine boredom. As for the actual question, I probably haven't asked many questions due to my inactivity, so without further ado:

Dsarker

If you were scum and everybody suspected you, how would you try to draw suspicion away from you?

Drakon

Same question as above.

Those questions seem shifty. Like you're trying to ask people how to play scum, just in case people suspect you. How these questions help you solve your dilemma?
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 24, 2011, 05:36:10 pm »

Dsarker

Drakon

Same question as above.

Those questions seem shifty. Like you're trying to ask people how to play scum, just in case people suspect you. How these questions help you solve your dilemma?

Because if I know their tactics then I can try to spot where they might have used it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 24, 2011, 07:35:06 pm »

Because if I know their tactics then I can try to spot where they might have used it.

You can't expect an honest answer from somebody about what they would do as scum.

I should rephrase this since that's not true. You can't expect an applicable answer about what somebody would do as scum. If they're town, then it doesn't matter what they say, because they're not scum. If they're scum, then they'd just say something differently than what they are doing. In both cases, the answer you get out of these questions is useless.

Also, it's extremely naive to think that the scum are just going to explain to you exactly what they're doing.

Why did you ask these questions again?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 25, 2011, 12:32:54 pm »

Day ends in 9 1/2 hours. Votecount once I'm done with it.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30