Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]  (Read 76440 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D1 - Good Day to Test [7/7, 2/2, 1/1]
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2011, 11:17:26 pm »

Dsarker:  You should want to know what other players think.  It's a great way to scum hunt.

Why did I ask only Shoesandhats? Because Drakon wasn't answering questions. I did not, therefore, think there was any point to asking him, having assumed he had given up for whatever reason. You had already stated why you were not voting, and I was too tired to think straight anyway.

As for why I hadn't asked you, you had already posted once about why you weren't. Why I haven't asked you yet is because once again you have been clear as to why.

But you didn't ask Jim the first time either.  Why did you want to ask Shoes?  (Not why didn't you want to ask everyone else.)

Speaking of Shoes, any particular reason him and I are omitted from your question list?

You just did something I was (correctly) called out on in an early game of mine- when pressed about not scumhunting, you immediately launch into a series of questions.  That tells me you only did it because I bugged you about it (as opposed to a genuine interest in finding scum.)  Further, those are all RVS style questions- so close to (potential) day end, do you not have anything stronger?  I see that you said you don't have suspects, but why can't you ask about current events instead of generic "insert answer here" questions?

Also, I don't buy your unvote.  If you stopped suspecting him after his last post, why'd it take you three posts to unvote him?  Why didn't you do something about losing your suspect then?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2011, 11:27:25 pm »

Sorry, I had forgotten about Shoes. As for you, I have not got any suspicions about you.

Why I launched into scum hunting? Because my suspect is no longer to be suspected. Why I didn't do it earlier? Because I was tired as hell.

Shoesandhats

Why did you unvote me?

Toaster

I would ask you another question, but I'm all out. What would you, as a townie, do if you knew who both the roleblocker and the godfather were, had evidence on both of them, dead certainty, etc. Would you lynch the Godfather or the Roleblocker first?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2011, 11:43:45 pm »

Shoesandhats

Why did you unvote me?

Scumteamzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I shouldn't be doing this. I tell everybody not to look for scum teams. The reasoning is simple: that new players will have no idea what does and does not give away scum partners and so they should avoid doing that until they know how. It's generally a good scumhunting practice anyway. If you isolate players and judge them on their own merits, then you'll tend to make less mistakes than if you looked at interactions between players.

But this, this is getting pretty flagrant. I know exactly why you're ignoring ShoesandHats, and it's not because you forgot about him, it's because you're paranoid about interacting with him, elsewise you would give yourself away. Unfortunately, deliberately avoiding all interaction with him is just as noticeable an offense. Am I wrong?

Unvote, Dsarker. Time for a lame joke I've told before: What do you and Michael Jordan have in common? Hangtime.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2011, 11:47:29 pm »

Well, you'll soon see. Voting should have ended for the day, shouldn't it?

Bleh.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 21, 2011, 11:51:30 pm »

That's a passive, defeatist admission if I ever heard one.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 22, 2011, 12:01:18 am »

I've got nothing.

Do townies win even if they die if the scum get lynched?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2011, 12:03:14 am »

And something that is slightly bothering me. Who's Michael Jordan?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 22, 2011, 12:09:08 am »

And something that is slightly bothering me. Who's Michael Jordan?

Oh, come on.

Do townies win even if they die if the scum get lynched?

Yes.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 22, 2011, 12:20:00 am »

Shoesandhats

Why did you unvote me?

Because to me, you weren't acting very scummy. As of now, I'm not sure what to think. Your arguments with Jim reveal that your desperately trying to prove your innocent, which is somewhat scum-like. I'm torn between you and Drakon at the moment.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2011, 12:46:35 am »

Third extend requested before I got back, so day extended to Tuesday, 8:00 PM PST.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2011, 12:56:59 am »

Drakon seems like useless noobtown, not scum.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2011, 03:01:08 am »

For now Drakon has answered his questions satisfactorily and quelled my suspicions.  Unvote.

Remalle
If you were a cop and you knew who the doctor was and the group was moving to lynch him, would you try to protect him by revealing your identity and his? Why?
I don't know how I would know who the doctor is, but even assuming I did, it would depend heavily on the situation.

As for you, I have not got any suspicions about you.
So you didn't ask Toaster a question because you didn't suspect him, but you asked everyone else (save Shoes, in whose case the excuse is that you forgot) a question.  I don't understand at all.  Does that mean that you suspect everyone else, but not having any basis for that suspicion, asked random questions?  Or maybe you don't actually suspect anyone because you're scum, but you're trying to deflect suspicion by seeming to devote a lot of effort into scum hunting.  You also say that you forgot Shoes, then go on to ask him a question actually related to the game, a reversal of your previously established pattern.  I want an explanation.

Time for a lame joke I've told before: What do you and Michael Jordan have in common? Hangtime.
::)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 22, 2011, 01:22:15 pm »

Dsarker:
Sorry, I had forgotten about Shoes. As for you, I have not got any suspicions about you.

-snip-

I would ask you another question, but I'm all out. What would you, as a townie, do if you knew who both the roleblocker and the godfather were, had evidence on both of them, dead certainty, etc. Would you lynch the Godfather or the Roleblocker first?

So you suspect everyone but me?

Probably the roleblocker, for the remote chance to save a townie.  If I'm certain, it doesn't really matter.

Which one are you?

Jim:
Scumteamzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oh good- glad to know I'm not the only one thinking this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 22, 2011, 05:16:51 pm »

Drakon136: Are you even going to try playing? I can't remember the last time you made a post.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 22, 2011, 07:33:48 pm »

For now Drakon has answered his questions satisfactorily and quelled my suspicions.  Unvote.

How is, "I'm not doing anything because I'm scared I'm going to get lynched," a satisfactory answer to your questions and how does it quell your suspicions?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30