Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]  (Read 76445 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D1 - Good Day to Test [7/7, 2/2, 1/1]
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2011, 08:35:05 pm »

Dsarker(1) - drakon136
Remalle(1) - Caz,
Shoesandhats(1) - Jim Groovester,
Shark() -
Caz() -
Andrew456() -
drakon136(4) - Andrew456, Dsarker, Remalle, Shoesandhats,
Jim Groovester() -
Toaster() -

Not Voting(2) - Shark, Toaster.

The day ends in 1 1/2 hours!

The votecount has been updated to reflect an earlier inaccuracy. However, it does not affect who is in the lead.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2011, 08:35:53 pm »

Shark, drakon136 and Toaster: Why haven't you voted?

Because I couldn't get on today for a reread.  Working on that now, but let's extend, please?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2011, 08:44:17 pm »

Shark, drakon136 and Toaster: Why haven't you voted?

I've been neglecting this game.

Looking at the posts, i'm thinking that dsarker is more suspicious than drakon right now. He answers every question with hesitation and question marks, like he's asking if the answer is acceptible. Also, he jokes around a lot. It seems like he has something to hide.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2011, 08:51:14 pm »

Then please, ask me more.

If you want me to add detail to an answer, simply ask me.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2011, 09:00:35 pm »

Extend it is.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2011, 09:12:35 pm »

Dsarker:
Jim, why is lurking a scummy thing?

I'm curious.  This is after Andrew said the same thing verbatim.  Why are you asking Jim and not Andrew?  Yes, Jim's an IC, but Andrew made the statement- why not get his opinion on the matter?

Shoesandhats

Why aren't you voting? Do you suspect anyone yet?

I'm also curious as to why you only asked him that question.  At that time, there were three other people not voting.  Why was he worth asking that and not any of the others?

Oh hey, someone already asked you that.
Jim

Especially you. Why haven't you voted? You're an experienced player. What has caused you to decide to bypass lynching this turn?

You still don't ask everyone.  I'm experienced too- why not ask me?

I suspect Drakon, which is why I have voted for him to be lynched. Why am I not doing anything about him? Because he already isn't answering questions. I've got nothing and nowhere to do to him.

That's when you start investigating others while you wait.  There are two scum to find.  Who is your second pick?

I dislike your "wait and see" attitude.  You're not getting in there enough to initiate scum hunting, which is why I'm voting you now.

You're also a bit too happy to remind us you're a townie:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94890.msg2693137#msg2693137
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94890.msg2697248#msg2697248

Caz:
Also, to be clear - there's one cop and one doctor in the game, right? There couldn't be say, two doctors, or no cops, etc.

There's an (independent) 50% chance of each role appearing.  There could be all four, none of them, or some combination in between, but not more than one of each.

Drakon:
Everyone who was voting to lynch me, do you have any reasons for doing so other than because I'm not very active (which is due to school), or because I'm avoiding questions (which is because I suck at answering them)?

This isn't directed at me, but how about because I don't see you hunting scum?  That's a great reason to suspect someone.

ShoesandHats:
Because I don't know if he's scum, and I don't know if he's a townie. I wasn't aware that 'You were' and 'You're' would be much different in that situation. Sorry, mein grammar furor.

Okay.  More interested in how you reacted to the question than the answer itself.  [Hint:  Since you handled it calmly, I'm not interested in pressing it further.  That was a reaction test, and you just passed.]

I gave my opinion on it, which was that he had acted somewhat scummy back when Jim asked him about being a roleblocker and now he hasn't done anything particularly suspicious. I'm not saying he isn't a suspect, but still.

How did he go from "scummy enough to vote" to "not scummy enough to vote" by inaction?

Shark:  That's a good start, but you could flesh that case out a bit more, perhaps by grilling him some.  (And asking for an extend, please?)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2011, 09:37:39 pm »

How long does an extend last?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2011, 09:55:25 pm »

It will extend the day through the weekend either to Monday or Tuesday.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2011, 10:00:44 pm »

Why did I ask Jim instead of Andrew? Because I didn't want to see what Andrew thought, I wanted to learn about the game.

Why did I ask only Shoesandhats? Because Drakon wasn't answering questions. I did not, therefore, think there was any point to asking him, having assumed he had given up for whatever reason. You had already stated why you were not voting, and I was too tired to think straight anyway.

As for why I hadn't asked you, you had already posted once about why you weren't. Why I haven't asked you yet is because once again you have been clear as to why.

Jim

What questions would you ask someone so as to help determine if they are scum or not? Why?

Caz

If you were town, then how would you hunt out the scum? What questions would you ask and why?

Unvote Drakon
Extend

Drakon

At what times would you try to appear active if you were a scum? Near the start of voting, before voting, middle of voting, or near the end of voting? Why? Would you try for an extend or not?

Ramalle

If you were a cop and you knew who the doctor was and the group was moving to lynch him, would you try to protect him by revealing your identity and his? Why?

Andrew

What are particular reasons for suspecting Drakon? Why?

Shark

Say you were the roleblocker, and somehow knew who the cop and the doctor were. Who would you roleblock and why?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2011, 10:07:52 pm »

Jim

What questions would you ask someone so as to help determine if they are scum or not? Why?

There's no set of specific questions that will lead you directly to finding scum. You have to ask questions about things that bug you and pursue them until you get answers. Once there you make the determination of whether a player is town or scum.

Unvote Drakon

Why, goddammit?

You can't vote reasonlessly and you can't unvote reasonlessly either.

Oh, wait. Nevermind. You're just unvoting because Toaster pressed you about it. I won't blame you for not knowing this, but it's scummy to retract a vote solely based on external pressure. And what I really mean to say is, if you actually suspected drakon136 you would be voting him no matter what Toaster did.

Regardless, ignorance isn't an excuse, at least in this case.

Sup, #2 suspect. How're things going?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2011, 10:18:55 pm »

Reasons:

I'm losing my certainty about him. He says he was inactive because of external reasons, which would answer why he wasn't answering questions.
He has subsequently answered most (all?) of the questions posed to him. So I have since moved to asking him more questions.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2011, 10:22:50 pm »

Dsarker: I'm still learning, asking what comes to mind. If someone does something that makes me suspect them or seems odd, I'll ask about it to get a better perspective.  See my previous posts for examples.

Getting nervous? Why did you ask a question to every single player? Do you suspect everyone now? And why unvote drakon when you were the one who pushed for him to be lynched in the first place?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2011, 10:24:25 pm »

Because, as Toaster has put it, I should be scum hunting instead of waiting to merely prove innocence.

I have stated my reasons as to why I have unvoted him.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2011, 10:32:46 pm »

Because, as Toaster has put it, I should be scum hunting instead of waiting to merely prove innocence.

Yes, townies scumhunt and those who don't look scummy. I think you're trying too hard to look like you're scumhunting, though.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2011, 10:35:34 pm »

Because I now have no idea who might be scum. Drakon has answered the questions previously put to him. As he was my only suspect, I now have no idea who to question. So I'll question everyone until I find something.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30