Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]  (Read 76358 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - Starting Soon [7/7, 2/2, 1/1]
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 12:47:31 pm »

Dariush: I'd say you're good enough for ICing, but as we're full up on IC volunteers, probably not right now. Thanks though!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 08:47:57 pm »

Come on! I go away for one day and BM opens and is filled up before i get home???

Guess I'll wait then :(
Back to Mafia with me!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - In Signups [7/7, 1/2, 0/1]
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 09:16:54 pm »

Toaster: as LNCP has volunteered to be non-playing IC, is it cool if you're the second playing IC? If so, game will start soon!

Go for it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2011, 01:48:14 am »

Just a question - why have we changed the rules to allow for unlimited extensions? The whole purpose of that rule was to disallow extensionspam (thus actually keeping the game going as it's supposed to). I don't see that kind of thing changing any time soon, so why the change in policy?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2011, 08:14:40 am »

I don't think it was a rule change, but just a explicit statement of an implied rule.  I don't recall there ever being an extension limit in a BM.

Hmm, looking back, Argembarger put one in for BM XIX and XX, but Web took it back out for XXI.  It's been a stated rule since then.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2011, 05:40:59 pm »

Welcome, TOWN agents-in-training! Welcome to your final exam before joining the hallowed ranks of the secret intelligence service TOWN! Prior to this, you have each received a card that identifies you as either a loyal agent or a traitor amongst us. The goal of the loyal agents is to 'dispose' of the traitors, while the traitors are to survive investigation until they outnumber the loyal agents. Every day, you are to vote for one person to 'lynch'. Once the day is over, the person with the majority of votes is 'lynched', at which point you may search their belongings to find out what role they've been assigned! Some of you have special abilities that you can use in-between votes: simply use your radio watch to send notification to the head examiner, and he will inform you of the results. Happy hunting!

Day 1 has begun! It will end Thursday, 8:00 PM PST.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D1 - Good Day to Test [7/7, 2/2, 1/1]
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2011, 05:44:41 pm »

Let's pick on drakon136!

What could possibly go wrong?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2011, 05:58:27 pm »

Shoesandhats

What is your favorite role in mafia?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2011, 06:00:50 pm »

My favourite role.

Hmmm.

Well, only played this one so far, but from the role descriptions....I'd say... Probably scum would be most fun... Town is hardest, and whatever the special roles are, I'm not sure, but they've probably got something good and fun in them.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2011, 06:01:59 pm »

Welcome to the exam. I am your enemy or, if you are among the fortunate two, your mentor.

I will make sure each and every one of you fail the test. If you give up now, I at least will not judge you - you will have proven yourself to be more pragmatic than your fellows.

I doubt I need to say more. Good luck.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2011, 06:04:05 pm »

wat

Anyways, I'll go ahead and vote for drakon16

For no raisin!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2011, 06:07:37 pm »

Until he replies and tries to tell us we're wrong, he must obviously be a SPAH!

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2011, 06:45:05 pm »

Let's ask some questions, people! Not just randomly vote because you feel like it.
My favourite role.

Hmmm.

Well, only played this one so far, but from the role descriptions....I'd say... Probably scum would be most fun... Town is hardest, and whatever the special roles are, I'm not sure, but they've probably got something good and fun in them.
Andrew asked someone else, not you. >__>;;

Anyway, i'm going to ask some questions.

Andrew425, you've played before. How did it go for you?
Shoesandhats, are you going to ask him any questions so you can find some sort of reason to support your vote?
Dsarker, why do you think that town is hardest?
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2011, 07:00:00 pm »

Why are you asking me? I'm going off of what Dsarker says. No one knows each other's alignment, except the mafia. I doubt there'll be any evidence/suspicious activity from him this early.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2011, 07:01:10 pm »

Why is town hardest?

Well, first time, so I might well be wrong here.

But town will lose one every night period, without any way to prevent it. Okay, that's part of the game. But we also have a 71% chance of knocking out another of our allies in the first lynch. So if we get unlucky, we're down 2 first day, and that means that only one day, maybe two, more days and town loses.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30