Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]  (Read 76356 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D1 - Good Day to Test [7/7, 2/2, 1/1]
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2011, 09:49:38 pm »

Drakon136

If you were a townie, how would you try to flush out the scum?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2011, 10:03:37 pm »

Dsarker

Do you prefer to play the Imperial March or Ride of the Valkyries when hunting down townies?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2011, 10:10:41 pm »

If you're a doctor/cop etc, it's advantageous to use your ability every night, right?  Does it protect scum also?

Yes.

It does protect members of the scum team but that doesn't do anything in this game since they are the only one with a kill.

Dsarker

Do you prefer to play the Imperial March or Ride of the Valkyries when hunting down townies?
Hmm... lessee... ok, Shoes, let's say you have to choose between blowing up a bus full of school kids, nuns, and puppies, or else shoot your mafia partner.  What do you do?

Ideally you should ask game related questions in the RVS. Asking what kind of flavor of ice cream is a player's favorite does absolutely nothing to help you find scum, which is your primary goal.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2011, 10:53:48 pm »

Dsarker

I guess that'll have to wait until I get to do a scum role, won't it?

On their musical qualities, I'm going to have to go with Imperial March. Damn, but I love John William's music.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2011, 11:00:11 pm »

Hmm... lessee... ok, Shoes, let's say you have to choose between blowing up a bus full of school kids, nuns, and puppies, or else shoot your mafia partner.  What do you do?

Personally, because a kid once shat on my shoe and a nun whipped my knuckles with a rule and a puppy with rabies bit me, I'd rather blow that up. I'd have to wait to be scum to shoot up my partner.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2011, 11:44:26 pm »

drakon136

If you were the doctor, in what circumstances would you find it a good idea to reveal yourself?
If I were the doctor, then I would never reveal myself. If I do so, some would likely assume me to be scum, and would also assume that I had lied about being a doctor to save myself.

Drakon136

If you were a townie, how would you try to flush out the scum?
Sorry, but I cannot answer that. Dsarker, if I answered that question, then you would gain useful information if you turned out to be scum.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2011, 11:45:59 pm »

Whoops. Almost edited that. Sorry, Dsarker, but like I said, your interrogation methods seem rather suspicious.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2011, 11:53:48 pm »

drakon136

If you were the doctor, in what circumstances would you find it a good idea to reveal yourself?
If I were the doctor, then I would never reveal myself. If I do so, some would likely assume me to be scum, and would also assume that I had lied about being a doctor to save myself.

There are no useful circumstances to reveal as doctor. Scum would then know who you are, and that means even if scum doesn't kill you, they can roleblock you and preserve you until the townies lynch you themselves.

Whoops. Almost edited that. Sorry, Dsarker, but like I said, your interrogation methods seem rather suspicious.

How about this, then. What would be your strategy as a godfather? How would you use it?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2011, 11:54:22 pm »

Sorry, but I cannot answer that. Dsarker, if I answered that question, then you would gain useful information if you turned out to be scum.

How to hunt scum isn't some closely guarded secret. It's the whole reason why me and Toaster are in the game. Refusing to answer is silly.

In any case I'm interested in your answer as well, so out with it.

Because... why?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2011, 12:04:53 am »

How about this, then. What would be your strategy as a godfather? How would you use it?
Strategy as a godfather? I would try to act as much like a townie as I could, without seeming too concerned about my image. I would choose one of the players, try to 'convince' the others that he was scum, and see if people would go with it. Wouldn't do this all the time, though. It'd be pretty suspicious if people saw that I started a lynch bandwagon on multiple townies.

On another note, why do you want to know this, anyway?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2011, 12:06:16 am »

So as to determine whether you're scum (and thus to be lynched) or townie.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2011, 12:09:33 am »

Sure, just ignore my question.

That's a good idea.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2011, 12:13:26 am »

Okay, then. Dsarker, why did you say that your favorite role was scum?

:o Sorry, Jim. Strategy's pretty simple. I choose a random person to put them on the spotlight, then poke them and prod them to gather enough evidence to convince others that they're scum. If I don't get enough evidence, then I back off for a bit.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2011, 12:15:10 am »

Not my only question. Why do you think Dsarker's interrogation methods are suspicious?

Sorry, Jim. Strategy's pretty simple. I choose a random person to put them on the spotlight, then poke them and prod them to gather enough evidence to convince others that they're scum. If I don't get enough evidence, then I back off for a bit.

So, you don't actually care whether they're town or scum, just whether or not there's enough evidence to get them lynched.

Mighty suspicious of you.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2011, 12:17:57 am »

Shit, worded that wrong. I meant that I try to gather enough evidence to prove that they're scum to others. But if I don't believe that they're scum, even if the others do, I know I've screwed up, so I back off.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30