Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel OOC  (Read 9496 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel OOC
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2011, 01:41:28 pm »

Geneva Hamako, Water Manipulator

Unlike many powers, Geneva's are hereditary. Her "father" was a water Elemental, a pure incarnation of nature in the form of a water spirit. Being part-Elemental, she was born with dominion over the aspect of water. She can both manipulate water as well as manifest her heritage- she has the ability to transform all or part of herself into water, coming to resemble her Elemental parentage (that is, provided she keeps humanoid form). Geneva is adept with her powers, having had them since birth.

Geneva is aligned with neither the Circle nor the Truth, preferring to keep out of the way of such things. Better to take sides after determining the flow of power- or rather, to simply strike after both sides have exhausted themselves.

Not sure if this is that good, but it'll do for now. :P

This isn't really a fantasy setting, but I have no complaints about including elementals somehow. It works.

Mark Jonhson, Dimensional awareness

Mark has always known about all the different dimensions. He dreams about entering one of the more peaceful dimensions, due to the situation we are in. right now he's not in any faction, he's researching to find if he can use his power to travel between dimensions.

(is that good?)

Without some kind of combat skills, even minor ones, you'll have some trouble being in the same area as some of the more dangerous people. I'd suggest another power to balance out your character. I'll allow dimensional awareness as a minor ability, and your story works.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2011, 01:49:20 pm »

Wow, you guys seem to love adding to the game while I'm in class. Also, I tried to keep Ben's escape a little open, so that people who saw him trying to leave could stop him. Nobody tried to. I guess either it wasn't clear that he didn't completely get away yet, or too many people were trying to kill Wei. Speaking of which, everybody seems to hate Wei. Kind of sad now that I'm being left out of the portal thing. I'll try to come back into the story when it makes sense.

I'd like to explain Ben's power a bit. Right now I think I'm keeping him to the three spirits: Zozoro, Abejuuju, and Kirosheb. The abilities they grant Ben depend on what kind of spirit they are. I imagine Abejuuju as a fat spirit (so if someone with the right ability, maybe precognition or dimensional awareness, gets to see him, that's what he looks like), and as a result gets bubble field powers. Cause fat obviously leads to bubble fields. The expanding field can only be started in wide-open places that Ben can see. He can't create an expanding field inside someone's open mouth and insta-kill them. Zozoro is a sleek, sneaky, manipulative sleazebag, and hence has invisibility. Again, makes perfect sense. Also, Ben can't use multiple spirit abilities at once at his current level. If you guys think I set him up too weak for combat, you're wrong. I have yet to use Kirosheb's power.

Edit: I assume people just entering can jump right in at any point, right? Also, water elementals aren't much worse than Ben's spirits and (maybe someday?) demon summoning.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:51:49 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2011, 01:57:24 pm »

Karl is still in, and over time has ended up as more machine than man... :)
This is a blank sig.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2011, 02:03:39 pm »

Mark Johnson, Dimensional awarenessMystical martial arts(fire)

Mark has always known about all the different dimensions. He dreams about entering one of the more peaceful dimensions, due to the situation we are in. right now he's not in any faction, he's researching to find if he can use his power to travel between dimensions.

The other dimensions influenced him and he learned how to use the mystical martial arts of fire.

(how bout this?)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:50:21 pm by sayaks »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2011, 02:08:16 pm »

Mark Jonhson, Dimensional awarenessMystical martial arts(fire)

The other dimensions influenced him and he learned how to use the mystical martial arts of fire.

(how bout this?)

Yes, and I sense a Street Fighter reference in the future.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2011, 02:09:06 pm »

actually i just clicked random and first thing i saw was mystical martial arts and a picture of a man with fire as element.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2011, 02:23:16 pm »

If neither Zako or Sinpwn posts or PMs me then I'll just post the next event and we'll figure out the details of the interrogation later. Maybe just PM a list of questions and I'll PM the responses back. Only Rick and Wei should know about the interrogation anyways.

I'll post a premonition in a couple hours, and I'll post the event before I go to work.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2011, 02:29:49 pm »

How should i start? I am a traveler, investigating/researching wether i can travel to other dimensions. Hm i don't know any ideas?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2011, 02:32:50 pm »

You could warp into the current scene due to a "mishap" with your powers, or that your powers seemed to force you to jump into the current scene.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2011, 02:34:08 pm »

Good idea. Now just to figure out exactly what is going on right now.

Edit: are you in a warehouse right now? founded by the ring or truth or something?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:37:06 pm by sayaks »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2011, 02:40:15 pm »

Edit: are you in a warehouse right now? founded by the ring or truth or something?

The Circle's weapon storeroom right now. It's more of an underground room filled with weapons than anything else.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2011, 02:44:35 pm »

(circle herp de derp, not ring :P)

ah ok.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2011, 03:06:47 pm »

Going to sleep now, RP with you guys later.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2011, 03:39:41 pm »

Oh, I got the idea from TVTropes actually. :D They had this page on elemental forces of nature, and I got to reading some stuff about powers and superhero stuff. Something about Superman and Elementals destroying the world. I just wanted to do something different than "a wizard (of science!) did it." :P

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2011, 05:38:19 pm »

Sorry about not posting, I was asleep. Can you do the interrogation results please?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15