Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)  (Read 12763 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 2)
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2011, 12:48:23 am »

Sorry but im out
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2011, 02:10:11 am »

Earlier morning, somewhere at 4 AM, Athaerion woke up. Nothing much has changed when he first entered the storeroom, except that there was a relatively old portable radio on top of a table. It was emitting static. With Wei gone to who-knows-where, he stuck around the storeroom, writing notes in his journal, and polishing his weaponry, until the radio suddenly caught a signal on 6:57 AM. He listened to the broadcast, and was intrigued by it. Of course, the storeroom isn't his home, so he had to move elsewhere soon enough. Feeling a bit hungry, he decided to go to the mall, but he didn't bring the weapons he polished earlier; he only brought bullets, since the local police would arrest him if he held weaponry in broad daylight.

A few hours later while he was shopping in the mall, he found a half-insane human with gait similar to that of a person with a wounded leg.

The man slowly approached him, with primal intent.

"Sir, are you okay?"

Athaerion asked, since he ignored most of the screams that he heard earlier, because was in another wing of the mall, a barely populated one.

The man seemed to prepare himself, hands stretched out in front, and the mouth slightly open. Athaerion knew something was wrong with the guy, and because of yesterday, he didn't take any chances to ask the person. He ran away from the person, while conjuring a fire axe, to use as self defense. He didn't want to kill anyone today, but he braced himself for the worst.

The man behind him, although shambling, gained momentum pretty fast. Athaerion had a hard time outrunning the man, who was now making gurgling noises.

He eventually arrived in the mall's main hall, finding about a hundred people who were stuck in a primal, murderous trance. He could also see a bit of red mist, far away from his location, where a ton of the tranced humans were flocking.

"Guess what? I'm knee deep in shit now."

He decided to wade through a small crowd, while evading the bigger crowd that was chasing after him.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2011, 07:27:49 am »

(Last night)

Wei nodded at Rick, seeing that it was best to let the better scientist do his thing. He got what he wanted and was welcome to it. For now, at any rate.

"Go ahead Rick, and appologies for the park."

Turning to face Justicar, Wei picked up the mobile phone and watched him go, hand on his chin in thought.

"I'll think about it. Get going before I kill you."

He looked at the phone in his hands. Looked innocent enough, but he would be sure to pull it apart carefully and scan each and every part for bugs. Couldn't have that masked idiot do something stupid after all. Shrugging, Wei placed the phone into his pocket and got back to 'talking' to the ladies.

(Present)

Wei crouched on the roof of a storefront opposite of the mall, binoculars up to his eyes. He had heard the broadcast and was wondering why on earth someone would attack the mall of all places. He was thankful that he had made the trip back to the park to get his car and bag of gear, he had left them there in the park and found them there still. The busters had clearly scared away civilians that had sticky fingers, and would continue to do so for the next 3 days at least.

This broadcaster... Why on earth would he say that there would be a shortage of meat? What has that got to do with anything? And that bird sounds more like a Jet than anything.

Standing up straight, he went back to the small fold out shelter he had brought with him, more of a frame of waterproof fabric than a proper structure, and shook himself to send all the water off his suit. He was thankful he had all his suits sprayed with the anti-sticking spray made by NASA, it made keeping dry and clean SO much easier when the grime and water literally ran off his clothes. Sitting down on an airconditioning unit, he raised his binoculars again and saw mist coming off a few people in the crowds by the mall, then saw those people attack others.

Hmmm... Looks like a chemical attack of some sort. Probably best to stay at a distance for this one. I suspect it was those who had their hand in yesterday's incident.

Seeing a crowd of people panic and stampede away from a group of feral civilians, Wei smirked.

Looks like the busters and do-gooders will have their hands full today.

((Sending a PM to Fool for the results of the interrogation.))

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2011, 08:19:07 am »

Rick was getting equipped for some zombie slaying, grabbing everything he needed including a tear proof undersuit and a few extra regeneration shots. He took another look at his notes from testing the chromatic gas. He had discovered much, but none of the data was all that surprising. The purpose of the gas seemed to be to send the victim into a permanent coma and induce rampant mutation with concentrated inhalation. The biomass from his regeneration serum seemed to counteract it to an extent, breaking the coma and reducing the fatality somewhat. He had used what he learned to upgrade his shots to work faster. He also altered the gas, decreasing the volume required to induce mutation.

He teleported back downtown with his rebreather already equipped. He emerged onto a low building, seeing a few supers already starting to congregate in and around the mall with fights starting everywhere.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2011, 08:30:58 am »

Simon was taking a look at the mall from afar. The broadcast that morning had been suspicious to him. There had been no signs of something like a meat-shortage in the last few days. The whole thing had come too sudden, and after the events of the last day, Simon was not in the mood to trust anyone.

Still, he had not expected what now was happening. A lot of the civilians at the mall had been made into ferocious beasts. Already, Simon initiated a transformation, turning himself tough, stong and durable. He didn't create any claws for himself this time, as he didn't want to kill any of the transformed people. After finishing the transformation, he ran in, trying to help people.

He quickly found a group of still normal people that was being attacked by some of the mutated ones. Using all the strength his morphed muscles gave him, he punched a mutated one in the stomach, sending him square to the floor. He breathed in the gases the man was giving off, and as usual, his biomorphic abilitys made him immune to it's chemical effects.

"Quick, run! I'll distract them!"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2011, 08:51:48 am »

*cough* "Damn, smog's too thick!"

Athaerion was still running away from the crowd of feral civilians. He was almost cornered by them, but he found a platform to use as a stepladder, and he quickly jumped into the small alcove above.

"Cornered, and coughing, great. What the hell was that red mist made out of?"

He was unsure whether if he was immune to it or not, but now, he needed to get to a pharmacy and get a dust mask, and an inhaler, since the smog was practically constricting his lungs, limiting his breath and slowing him down in the process.

"Must find a way to get off of this alcove... Hmm... wait, isn't that Simon?"

Simon was in a corridor, fending off the horde with his raw power.

"Hey, I need some help over here!"

Athaerion didn't have a choice; the ferals were blocking his only route of escape, and they were everywhere. He tried to attract the attention of Simon, who was a bit far away from his location.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2011, 08:53:43 am »

As she splashed through puddle after puddle, a glimpse down a side street gave Geneva a look at the pandemonium spilling out from the mall. She watched as several figures tackled one of the others running outside.

That's either some really good meat, or some sort of mob. Maybe the riot will be responsible for the break-ins happening later... guess I should at least take a look. Perhaps I can get my hands on some batteries in the panic.

Tugging several small puddles towards her, she strode toward the mall.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:18:36 am by Edio »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2011, 09:44:07 am »

Shade decided to get a higher vantage point and walked into the nearest wall. He appeared on the roof of the mall complex behind the air conditioner blocks. he walked to the edge of the building to get a better look at what was happening. Below him a swirling red mist was forming just outside the main entrance of the mall, but it seemed to only stay around the twenty infected that found their way there. The rain appeared to be stopping the gases from raising up too high. They were gathering, and somehow not attacking each other. It was almost as if the gases were putting them in a trance. In the middle of the swarm there was someone in plain navy jacket and ball cap looking around as if he wasn't in a trance. "What is going on? This isn't a riot, and I don't think I have nearly enough tranqs at this point."

In the vents connected to the air conditioning Shade started hearing loud noises coming from deep within the mall. "What the hell was that?" Shade looked for a skylight, but with no luck. He wasn't about to charge in blindly either. Thunder crackled overhead. He'd have to wait this one out until someone else shows up.

EDIT: ((If I specify weather perhaps I should mention it.))
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:17:56 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2011, 11:18:01 am »

"...Monsters, hmm? And which way did they come from?"

Despite her soothing tone, Akane was rather irritable; waiting for an informant on a bench outside one of the local storefronts, she had ended up over-sleeping- though the man was late anyway, as usual- and she hadn't been prepared for the day's storms, leaving her drenched to the bone and the cheap dye that kept her hair an unassuming brown shade running out onto the street.

To top it off, some little girl had come tearing down the street moments ago, crying and babbling about some sort of red smoke and zombie monsters in the mall. She hated dealing with children- they were too easy to like, and reminded her all too sharply of what she'd become.

Masking a groan, she began unwinding her scarf. "Wrap this up around your nose and mouth so you don't breathe in the smoke. Now, the corner of Fifth and High is just up the street, at the end of the block. Do you think you can make it there? There's a pub there," she paused for a moment to dig a scrap of paper and a pencil from her pockets, and hastily scribbled a note against her forearm, before folding it up and passing it to the girl, "give this to the barman- he'll understand, and you'll be safe there. I'm going to go find your mum and stop the bad monsters."

She flicked away the butt of her cigarette, shrugged off her coat, and cracked her knuckles, but paused to look at the girl before walking off. "Oh, and if your mum asks what you were doing at a place like the Rat's Ass, we never met. Now go on, get!"

They certainly looked like zombies, didn't they? She walked up the street a ways, and turned right across it into the shopping plaza- without stopping, she'd already thrown a couple of the charging outliers over her shoulder, but could already see a large mob radiating away from the mall.

These weren't normal movie monsters, though; their eyes were still human, filled with fear and revulsion of what their bodies had been made to do. Akane sighed, stopping to wring out her ankle-length curtain of now snow-white hair, and light another cigarette, before shoving her hands firmly into her pockets, waiting for the teeming horde.

Guess I'll just have to fight may way through without killing too many of them.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2011, 11:56:02 am »

Upon hearing Atherion's scream, Simon turned his head to see where it came from. One of the zombies took the chance to bite him and quickly earned a kick to the chest for it.

"Atherion? Don't worry, I've got this."

Simon ran towards Atherion, smashing away any infected in his way. When he arrived, he had smashed an open, but quickly closing path into the horde of zombies.

"Try to stay with me. I'll head for the nearest exit."

With that, Simon started to work himself through himself through the crowd, doing his best to protect Atherion.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2011, 12:23:38 pm »

Rick continued to observe the spread of the gas, noticing how the movements of the zombies were restrained. He summarized that the infection controlled motor nerves only and that the hosts were resisting the control. Not keen on getting unnecesary flak for killing innocents, he got out a stun baton and shock pistol, hoping that their power would last long enough to defend him.

He jumped off the building, slowing his fall by dulling gravity. He advanced towards the doors of the mall, launching bolts of blue electricity from his pistol as he advanced. Those hit began to spasm and convulse, becoming paralysed but still alive.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2011, 01:23:01 pm »

Seeing all the commotion outside the mall, not to mention the small plumes of reddish gas leaking away from areas with high concentrations of people, Geneva realized that something was a bit more amiss than a simple riot. Something that had to do with that gas. She spotted several people who seemed to be holding their own against the mob, or whatever it was. She frowned, then concentrated on the water all around her. Like some sort of magnet, streams of water flowed up from the street and surrounded her. Not long after, she was encompassed with a lattice of water reminiscent of a magnetic field.

Geneva quietly observed the crowd's movements. They seemed to be behaving extremely oddly, as if not in control of their bodies. A closer look revealed several members of the mob actually tackling one of the people running away. They violently began beating the poor guy up as a red gas leaked from their mouth.

Oh god. They're like zombies or something. In the movies, the only way to kill one is to get their brain. Hm. I should try not to be bit, if they are really zombies. Time to do my part, then.

A slight moan rippled from the infected closest to her as they sensed the presence of a target. Grinning, Geneva let them come- they wouldn't be able to bite her. She raised herself up on six small arms of water separated from the field around her, lifting her above the heads of the zombies below. She further split the field and formed the tips of several arms of water into fine points- which she promptly began ramming through the skulls of the oncoming creatures.

Sure enough, they fell easily enough. But something was... wrong, somehow. Blood was gushing from their wounds, as if it wasn't congealed, but still flowing. Suppose you can't believe everything you see in movies, she thought, continuing with her grim task of spearing the zombies, But I can't let them get out of here and spread this elsewhere.

She plugged her earbuds in, to drown out the screams of the infected.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:14:26 pm by Edio »

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2011, 04:10:04 pm »

Screams could be heard from deeper in the shopping district. Finally, the violence had reached Ben. A young lady spouting red mist from her mouth was wandering the outskirts, and noticed uninfected Ben and Zozoro. She immediately began running at the two, but was bludgeoned in the head by Zozoro's umbrella after getting too close. She fell to the ground "What the hell." Said Zozoro. She immediately got up again, and was promptly smashed in the face again by the now slightly bloody umbrella. Before she could get back up again, Zozoro crushed her head under his foot. A large amount of red mist poured from her destroyed head. Zozoro looked at his umbrella weapon, and sighed. "Dammit, now I'm wet. And things here seem to be getting worse. I don't really want to fight in the rain. Kenshireb, why don't you take over a bit? Lend Cretin some power or something." "Not yet." "Dammit Kenshireb. Abejuuju, looks like we'll be needing your field powers, if you can manage to use them."
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2011, 05:06:01 pm »

Shade decided that his tranquilizer pistol wasn't enough and created a portal back to the storeroom. He ran into the portal and quickly grabbed the minimalistic skeleton of a tranq rifle off the wall, an experimental vortex ring shotgun, a bag, and boxes and boxes of ammo. He wouldn't be able to make such a large trip more than twice today and would be trapped downtown with possibly hundreds of zombie-like people. Might be nice to have the extra rounds. He ran back through the portal to the roof top. Drawing his rifle he started laying down rifle fire on any zombie attacking people.

As the tranq hit the zombie it tensed up from the impact, but then he stood up, looked around and cried out. "Where am I? What the hell is going on?" It wasn't long before he was surrounded and beaten to death.

Maybe I need to get a bit closer with the shotgun instead... That better work, or I'm down to a knife.

The sounds that were coming from the vents started getting louder, almost as if it were approaching the doors of the mall. Whatever it was it was big, but no one was going to get in to check it out unless the crowd was cleared out first.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2011, 06:02:50 pm »

Justicar decided it was time to do some science on these "Zombies". He grappled over to a lower rooftop, still taking care to remain hidden as he reached into his vest, retrieving a flashbang from his vest. He was curious wether the gas had transformed them into some type of beast, or merely just altered their behavior and they needed some type of shock to return them to normal. He hurled the small explosive at one of the roving groups. They crumpled quickly at the daze and got up after a few moments confused. Some managed to escape while others were beaten down quickly by the meat. "Curious..."
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19