Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)  (Read 12761 times)

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2011, 02:42:32 pm »

"Land's Edge you said? Nice to know you're with the circle."

Simon took few minutees to become his normal self again, then looked through the weapon cache.

"I was pretty ineffective in combat against Wei, so I should probably use a weapon next time."

Finally, his eyes stopped on a simple Browning 9mm.

"I don't know much about guns, but this one should be simple enough to use."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2011, 02:48:55 pm »

Athaerion assured Shade that he wasn't going to kill anyone, telling him that "I don't plan to kill you, or anyone for that matter. Not until you interfere with my plans, which I don't have right now, at the moment."

Athaerion opened the tray under the case, and took approximately thirty shotgun shells and loaded eight of them in the SPAS-12. He paced around the room, until he happened to see a P90 still on a display case. He opened the tray underneath and took most of the bullets, stuffing them in his longcoat's pockets in order to hold the whole lot.

"Say, where exactly are we?"

Athaerion, while amazed at the large collection of weapons, was still confused as to where he was. He had assumed that he was within The Circle's boundaries, again, but he didn't have the big picture of the whole thing, due to him being in a basement.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:50:35 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2011, 02:50:35 pm »

In the middle of everything, space-time seemed to bend, suddenly Mark Johnson appeared.

"ugh, what a headache."

How come my powers teleported me here?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2011, 03:04:59 pm »

Athaerion failed to notice Mark Johnson arriving in the storage room, and because of exaustion, he sat down on the floor, back propped on the wall.

"If any of you need me, wake me up."

Slowly, his eyelids started closing, until it was totally closed shut. He slept peacefully, shortly after that. His mind was driven to think about itself, and it tried to piece together the events that happened a few harrowing hours ago.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 2)
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2011, 03:40:08 pm »

"Why does this keep happening?" he noticed Mark standing there and drew his revolver, regardless of the fact that it was two bullets short of empty. "Who are you? How did you find this place?" he motioned to the door with the barrel of his revolver. "...Outside. Now. We'll talk out there."

((Appearing out of nowhere in a hidden storeroom is pretty suspicious. Regardless of where people are I'll post an event prediction in an hour.))
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:28:21 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2011, 05:27:36 pm »

Day 2, 6:57 am, Mysterious Radio Station

The static on the radio stopped abruptly, and an all too familiar voice spoke. "Good morning Kaleno City! Today thunderstorms are sweeping the city again, and it won't clear up until late in the evening." he paused for a moment, and cleared his throat as the shuffling of papers could be heard. "And in the news today there will be a string of unprovoked break-ins all across the city centered in the downtown shopping district, but nothing will be stolen. The citywide crimewave will come to an end as a great iron bird flies overhead. In other news, meat will be in high demand throughout the day. Stock up while you can."

Day 2, 9:23 am, Kaleno Shopping Center

In the shopping complex a person dressed in a lab coat was stumbling into the mall in pain. Others gathered around the woman in an attempt to help her, but she started screaming at them to go away. Her screaming became louder, and she started attacking the people around her. A faint red gas slowly poured from the woman as she attacked an old man. The people within twenty feet of the woman started coughing as they ran away from the attacker.

((I hope that was enough information to work from until I'm back from work.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2011, 05:38:59 pm »

Wei relaxed in the makeshift chair he had made from the few crates he had gathered. He had not left the warehouse that Rick had transported him to, unwilling to leave the girls until he had the information he wanted. He recalled thanking Rick for the timely getaway, and remembered to even restrain and disarm justicar before he ran off. Poor man was having a hard time lately.

"So ladies, after experiencing the last time I tried talking with you, are you willing to chat about why you were there in the park? You still have unbroken digits, and I am starting to loose patience..."

Wei had restrained both girls side by side with plastic ties he had in his pocket, held in a sort of x fashion between two bars in the warehouse. They had been unwilling to talk, but maybe that was going to change...

((Can someone do what the girls say?))

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2011, 07:23:40 pm »

"...stock up while you can. Now for an hour of uninterrupted-"

Sighing as the MRS finished broadcasting its daily weather report, Geneva sat in the near blackness of the early morning and pulled out her earbuds. The sun was not yet up, and had yet to burn away the cool mist that still enveloped the end of the pier. Drops of rain were beginning to fall already, saturating the air with a light hiss as they made contact with the ocean. Never wrong, the Mysterious Weatherman. Going to be a good day today. The unseen water below seemed to roil as if in anticipation of something painful- or maybe it was just the cold, wet gusts of seaborne wind. Not a good sign, but better than just another boring day. She pulled her feet out of the water and swung her legs back onto the dock. She got up and stood for just a while longer, savoring that early-morning feel and the fog in the air.

Yes, she grinned, walking into the mist. Today is going to be a nice one.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2011, 08:16:54 pm »

Justicar was planning to escape back in the park, but he figured hitching a ride with Wei would be a bit faster and wouldnt involve depeling his already somewhat depleted resources. So he went up in the blood cocoon without a hitch. As he warped into the warehouse without missing a beat he adjusted his mask slightly and stuck his pistol back into his waistband.

He turned to Wei "What do you think someone like this would say to me? The typical hardass and cryptic stuff you would expect from someone like this, The only thing I personally got from her is that there is some...thing new moving into town, Something very much willing to pull this kind of thing..And they obviously do have some cash" he nudges the girls lower back with his boot "Control mechanisms dont come cheap, I'd figure that would pique your interest you mercenary dog." He rolled his shoulders with his fists still jammed into his pockets as he attempted to examine the girl and the device that set off this rapid growth and mutation.
Raggle Fraggle

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2011, 08:39:22 pm »

Wei raised an eyebrow at Justicar and stode over to him casually.

"I'm no merc. I simply take opportunities and make the most of them. You would do the same. Anyway, do you know anyone who might fit the bill? Heard any news of new groups popping up?"

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2011, 08:42:18 pm »

The previous night:
Rick finished sending the messages and turned towards the others.
"I have never seen a mutagen that induces such spontaneous and drastic effects while keeping the body alive. Whoever did this is going to be quite the threat. It may be the demons, but that would suggest a level of organisation far beyond what they have displayed in the past."
He took a moment to examine the girls, it looked as if their limbs had expanded like balloons and began bubbling like a liquid.
"When you would like to leave, Justicar, just step through the rift behind you." Rick motioned to the back wall and a wormhole began to slowly expand, opening up onto a deserted alley downtown. He then injected both girls with the same serum he had used in the park. Their wounds faded somewhat and they became more active, but still unconscious.
I'm not exactly that good with interrogations, so I will begin examining the gas. Contact me if you need anything." Rick stepped through a separate wormhole,  the first fluctuating from the strain until Rick's closed.

Present:
Rick had been taking some time to go shopping, making sure to stalk up on a ludicrous amount of beef and turkey jerky. Seeing the delirious woman as a sign that today's forecast was starting, he made haste to head home and get ready. As he left, he saw the woman turn more violent and emit a gas. he was tempted to get a sample, but he did not have his rebreather with him.

Zombies, I was wondering when someone was going to do it right.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2011, 08:54:00 pm »

Justicar stroked the side of his mask as he leaned against the wall.

"Opportunistic, Fights for money, You may not be a mercenary but you do act very mercenary in nature, But I digress." He cocked his head at Wei "No. I tend to know when new players attempt to enter, But anyone can piece together that these broadcasts are related to them. They are new and are playing for something big, real big, Maybe even wipe the board clean big." He rolled his shoulders again "But then again thats just a theory, not a fact..." He then turned, headed towards the rift "Contact me if you find something new." He sets a prepaid phone on the ground. He stepped through the rift, at home with the dark streets of Kaleno he drew his line launcher as he zipped back towards his safehouse

Present:
Justicar had decided to go on a daylight patrol, full kit considering what occurred yesterday, He stood crouched on a rooftop in his armored black body suit. He had a red headband across his eyes today and shortened M97 shotgun strapped across his back. He watched from a distance as the woman began to go beserk. He would continue to watch, See what else will occur before he throws himself in the fray.
Raggle Fraggle

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2011, 10:22:49 pm »

The closet opened again, releasing blinding amounts of light. After a few moments, Ben was able to see Zozoro's face. Something was making him unhappy. "We're going out again, Cretin." Zozoro looked through the window. "I hate the rain. Heh, I hate it almost as much as I hate you. All those people you murdered." Zozoro smiled. "That's why you owe me your life. Remember?" Zozoro looked back through the window, and his smile faded.

Later Zozoro and Ben arrived at the outskirts of the shopping district. They shared an umbrella, and stayed visible in an attempt to blend in with the crowd. After all, you never know when an invisible-seeing super'll be somewhere nearby. Safer to appear normal. Zozoro appeared impatient, and more interested in the "iron bird" prediction than the gas-leak lady.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:30:12 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2011, 11:26:09 pm »

((I really have to start naming places. Any suggestions for random places?))

People were running out of the Kaleno Center Mall as fast as they could. Attacks were popping up in several other places five minutes after the first attack. Whatever it was, it was spreading fast. Justicar had a clear line of sight on one of the attacks. A man dressed in a business suit tackled another businessman with great force knocking the man to the ground. The infected jumped onto the man's prone back and proceeded to punch at the man until blood poured from his head and blood caked the attackers hands. After a minute of punching at a corpse he screamed out loud, but the scream was a pathetic sound filled with the muffled sounds of crying. He looked around and went on to the next person he saw.

((It's up to you of whether or not your character is immune.))

EDIT: Shade was several blocks down from the attacks. He always tried to be on top of the predictions, but he never did find who was behind the radio broadcasts. He once tried to track the broadcasts 5 years ago, but each day the broadcast location changed with no signs of equipment being transported. After a solid week he just decided to prevent the event itself. Hasn't worked yet.

The sounds of screams could be heard up ahead of him. He unzipped his camo jacket revealing a tranquilizer gun. He thought it might be a riot and planned on taking out the first of the rioters. He started jogging towards the noise.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:48:50 pm by The Fool »

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2011, 12:36:46 am »

I followed him out.

"hey don't worry, I'm not going to do anything towards you. I wasn't the one who did it, my powers did so by accident. And I'm Mark."

wow where am i?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19