Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)  (Read 12759 times)

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2011, 09:55:54 pm »

"Dog biscuits! That gas is breaking my shield. It's your fault for not concentrating, Cretin." said Abejuuju, though only Ben heard this. Another spirit, Kinshireb, started speaking in his head. "That gas is bad, Ben. You'd best leave." Kinshireb thus far was probably the nicest spirit to Ben. He was never benevolent in the slightest, but never insulted Ben either. Kinshireb spoke the least of the spirits, and always in a drone, emotionless voice. Insults were wastes of words in Kinshireb's ghostly mind, though he did not care if the other spirits said them. "You heard Kinshireb" said Zozoro, who grabbed the top of Ben's head and started carrying him out of the crowd, pushing people out of the way. "Crap, it's the Busters. Kid, use my invisibility." Ben just hung in Zozoro's hand like a doll. "I said to use my invisibility, Cretin. You want to me mess you up instead?" Ben again waved his arms around, and the two became invisible. Zozoro carried Ben to his car, which also became invisible. Zozoro started the car, but was interrupted by Abejuuju. "I've just got an idea, Cretin. Why don't we leave something nice for the Busters." Ben didn't understand what Abejuuju meant. "Use my expanding field power to destroy their helicopters." Ben complied, turning his invisibility off temporarily as he stared at their helicopters and waved his arms. The helicopters were blown apart. "That'll teach 'em for spoiling our party. I only wish we could remove their protective gear. I'd love to see the survivors squirm around in the gas." Ben turned Zozoro's invisibility back on, and the two started driving away...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:01:04 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2011, 10:11:48 pm »

The field finally falling, Rick calmly and quickly began to walk away with the sample. He was also pleased with the fact that the energy field and vacuums had contained the destruction to a comparatively small area of the park.
As he walked, he heard the telltale sign of tearing metal and ducked behind a tree, but that was all a small shard of steel landing gear to embed itself into his shoulder. Frowning, Rick removed the piece of metal from his shoulder and used a piece of cloth to stop the bleeding. He took a moment to watch the busters and supers from a safe distance before teleporting home.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2011, 10:52:26 pm »

Wei's smile faded as he saw the busters fly in with their mechs. Damn things were worth more trouble than most of the supers down there. Still, if he moved quickly, he might be able to grab both those twins. They seemed to know something.

Time to furfill my end of the premonition, at any rate.

Reaching into his bag and pulling out two frag grenades, he pulls the pins off both and drops them to the street below where some civilians still lingered. The resulting shrapnel killed 5 and injured another 4, which was enough for his purposes. Pulling a grappling hook and rope out of the bag and hooking it to the lip of the building, he hopped over the building's lip and slid down to the ground, flicking the rope to release the hook and coiling the rope back up and replacing it in his bag. People were running away from him by this time, but he didn't mind, he had enough materials to work with. Blood flowed from the corpses and injured people, draining both completely and forming a wave that surrounded Wei.

Time to rip some spines out!

Tossing his bag onto a nearby bench, he crouched and then blasted himself forward, pulling all the blood with him as he went. Rushing towards the park and the battle that was going on, he passed a man that was crying for help instead of running, knocking him out of the way with a backhand, he aimed his rush for the girl that had fallen on the ground in the middle of the battle, a wave of blood churning behind him as he picked up the blood coming from injured and fallen combatants. Grinning madly, he threw his hands forward and sent the blood wave surging ahead of him, passing around the fallen girl, to clear his way. Skidding to a stop before the girl, he straightened his tie and knelt down before her to check for life signs.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2011, 11:56:04 pm »

Shade saw Wei riding on a wave of blood carrying the twins. With a click he unfastened the buckle on his shoulder holster and with a single motion he drew and fired .454s at Wei, without even trying for a warning shot. Each shot sent a kick of energy up his arm, but by now he was used to such heavy recoil. He started hopping from shadow to shadow firing shots at Wei from as many different angles as possible. Shade had fought Wei on many occasions, but if he was expecting him he would have brought his .600 NE firing revolver. He really wanted him dead, but all the blood wasn't helping.

"That's enough for today. You don't gain anything from staying here and you know that you're damn well high on the Busters list of people to kill."

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2011, 01:41:43 am »

Excellent. Still breathing. Now t-

Gunshots split the air as bullets slammed into Wei's hardened skin. They didn't break the skin, but they still hurt a lot.

"Ow! Dammit! Whoever is doing that, I'll rip him apart when I catch them!"

A cocoon of blood formed around him in an instant, dispersing the energy from the bullets efficiently. Wei looked around himself to find the shooter, but bullets were coming from everywhere. Suddenly a voice called out from all sides, switching direction constantly.

Ahh, I have a sneaking suspicion of who's doing this...

"Shade, is that you who's shooting me? Why don't you come a little closer, so we can talk face to face?"

Wei straightened, a tendril of blood looping under the bridge to snag the other twin and drag it over to him. He checked her as well, and found she was still breathing as well. He looked around casually, sending a wave of blood to swallow one of the buster mechs.

"In any case, I'm here to do my part. Painted in blood is my trademark after all and I'm curious about these two twins as well. I don't fear the busters, they are a shadow of their former selves, and you know all about shadows, don't you? Why are you here then, o mighty leader?"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 03:08:03 am »

"Well, shit."

Athaerion was dumbfounded by the scale of destruction and chaos this whole mess caused. He kept regenerating his APR308 every five minutes, since that weapon is the only thing he can use strategically for the duration of the chaotic event. He kept switching and switching targets, until he found out a humanoid encased in a cocoon of blood.

He watched the whole scene of Wei creating a tendril of blood and him grabbing one of the twins, but Wei sent out a wave of blood towards a buster mech, swallowing it and probably destroying it with pressure.

"This guy... he seems familiar... as if I've known him for a very long time."

Feeling a bit of grudge at Wei, he struggled to keep his sniper rifle balanced and keep his finger from shooting him. He focused all his senses at Wei, feeling a mysterious need to identify him and kill him, if possible. He eavesdropped on his little chat, hearing him say "In any case, I'm here to do my part. Painted in blood is my trademark after all and I'm curious about these two twins as well. I don't fear the busters, they are a shadow of their former selves, and you know all about shadows, don't you? Why are you here then, o mighty leader?"

At that point, Athaerion's urge to kill Wei overcame him and he aimed for his head.

He felt that Wei was a monster beyond redemption, he might be right about his suspicions, or wrong and misled.

Whatever he felt about him though, he pulled the trigger of his sniper rifle, which was aimed at his head.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 04:22:11 am »

The telltale crack of a sniper rifle split the air and as Wei turned, the bullet hit the cocoon and sent ripples throughout it. It only penetrated about halfway before fragmenting from the energy dispersion.

Hmmm... A different weapon judging by the sounds of it. Another shooter perhaps?

Wei inspected the origin of the ripples and after looking through the blood to the buildings beyond, he saw a glint of sunlight flash off a scope from the roof of one of the buildings.

Ah, there he is.

A short moment later, the blood wave that swallowed the mech spat out a large ball of crushed and twisted metal, the remains of the fearsome machine. An idea popped into Wei's mind.

"Excuse me for a second Shade. Just got to teach some manners."

Turning to face the shooter completely, he held his hands up from his sides slightly in a shrug and raised an eyebrow, and at the same time, blood flowed underneath the ball of metal. With a sudden burst of activity, the ball was propelled like a cannon ball towards the building in a manner not unlike a motar shell.

"There. Now then, where were we?"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 05:01:27 am »

"Wait, what is that blood-colored thing? It seems to be getting near at an accelera- Shi-"

The small ball of metal, coated with blood hits Athaerion squarely in the face, launching him approximately two feet into the air before landing on his back. The force of the projectile was hard. Very hard. It could have killed him if he was a scrawny and famished person. However, it didn't; he had enough strength to endure the projectile, albeit now, he is very wounded and not in the condition to use a sniper rifle.

It hurt him so much that he laid on the floor for two minutes, and by the time he stood up, the sniper rifle dematerialized.

"Damn, that was a good shot. He's good, I'll admit, having survived a .308 Winchester without getting hurt."

He was impressed, although he did not know the full extent of the cocoon of blood's protection threshold and assumed to have hit him somewhere in the body.

"At this rate, I can't kill him. Not like this"

He raised his hands, materializing a M72 LAW that expels huge gusts of wind, with a force akin to that of a car hitting you at full speed. It was a hammer, in the sense that it could smash through walls with ease. However, because of it being a "hammer", it was a tad bit heavy to use, and the gusts of wind would only work at close range. Conjuring a weapon of that caliber takes much time, which isn't nice when you're actively fighting at close range.

"What was I thinking, shooting him like that? I could have talked to him before pulling the trigger. You idiot, why did you do that?"

He regretted his actions, but now, he has no choice but to go down the building and preparing himself for the fight ahead.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2011, 06:07:57 am »

Seeing Wei fighting the gunmen, Rick decided that he needed to intervene quickly or the secrets the womans' minds and bodies held would be lost.
He began firing supressing bolts of nothing at the supers and busters targeting Wei. As he did, he began opening a wormhole to a safe location, signaling to the blood manipulator that there was an escape route available.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2011, 06:10:10 am »

Simon looked around. The situation had quickly turned from bad to worse. First the fire throwing twins and now Wei of all people. He was one of the worst of the bunch, a manical murderer.

But in a way, this was a chance. Wei was carrying the twins and under heavy fire. This was an opportunity that Simon wouldn't let pass.

Once again he started changing, this time taking his time. Wei was already engaged in battle, and wouldn't be able to get away. Simon's bones started hardening, his skin turned into a thick hide and his fingers grew into claws again. He charged into action, his claws readied to strike. Just then he saw something in the edge of his vision, and closely dodged an incoming nothing-bolt.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:12:40 am by Theoboldi »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2011, 07:24:02 am »

Bullets slammed into the blood shield that covered Wei, many more than he bothered to count. Things were starting to get out of hand, and he didn't feel like fighting all of these idiots in such an unprepared way.

Tch, annoying little things. Let's see them handle this!

A ridge formed around the cocoon covering Wei, forming a razors edge at just over waist height. In a flash of movement, the ridge suddenly burst away from the cocoon, flying out at high speed and cleaving through plant matter, rock and people alike. Most of the mechs didn't manage to get out of the way, and only two managed to jump over the crescent blade. Protestors fell like wheat to the scythe and as people scrambled to get out of the way, Wei had two tendrils grab both women and drag them close to him. He spotted Justicar hiding by a tree and recalled noticing him speaking to one of the twins.

He could know something. Well, I suppose I can take him with me. But how am I go-

Wei had paused in motion, seeing an old acquaintance waving at him by a portal he had made. A grin formed on Wei's face.

Well now, this was unexpected. He must want something, but any way out of here is better than no way.

Sparing a moment to turn to the tree stumps where he last heard shade's voice, he spoke over the screams of people.

"Looks like my part here is done. Talk to you later Shade, especially if you had any part in this."

Then turning to where Justicar was crouching by the tree stump that was his cover, Wei sent tendrils towards him.

"Come here, Justice boy, we need to have a chat."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:26:31 am by Zako »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2011, 08:19:46 am »

Athaerion descended down the flight of stairs in the apartment, blasting the rubble and debris blocking his progress. He was now interested in acquiring the twins and offering them to the highest bidder.

"If I don't hurry up now, there'll never be another chance for me to know who I was."

Quickly, he kept on descending then he arrived into the park grounds proper. He kept on going straight to where Wei was situated, until he found Simon, who was dodging a nothing-bolt when he happened to arrive.

He thought about making a deal, a deal he would eventually break, as he was interested in the knowledge the twins held. Thinking that this might be the only chance he's got, he spoke to Simon, who he did not know at the time.

"If you're interested in the twins, you might have a better chance if you've got someone covering your back."

"The name's Athaerion, by the way."

He introduced himself and presented a deal, lugging his heavy, enchanted M72 LAW with one arm.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:27:25 am by New Guy »

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2011, 08:40:50 am »

"Name's Simon. I don't care about the twins, but I could take some help taking down Wei. He's the guy that's shooting all the blood. We should stop him if you want the twins. Try to take out the guy shooting those bolts. I'll get into melee with Wei."

With that, Simon started a dash towards Wei, getting ready to strike.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2011, 08:58:49 am »

"Alright, I'll do that."

Athaerion also made a mad dash towards Rick, dodging the crossfire made by the busters, supers and Rick himself. It had been three minutes since he created his weapon, so he only has two minutes remaining to eliminate Rick and sucessfully recover the twins. He also was interested in killing Wei himself, but he ate up his pride and allowed Simon to do the deed without interruptions. After all, covering all the sides of the enemy is a better tactic than charging at the front row.

Once he approached Rick, he prepared his M72 LAW and positioned his hand on the trigger.

As soon as Rick was within the weapon's range, he fired it, releasing a huge gust of wind that had the power of a speeding car, smashing into a human.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2011, 09:39:06 am »

Hiding in the shadows inside a building Shade started reloading when he noticed he was running low on bullets. With the last of his bullets between his fingers Shade opened the cylinder of his autorevolver and started sliding in rounds systematically. He started breathing heavily. All the teleporting was starting to get to him. What the hell was Rick thinking with that portal? He'd have to be incredibly interested in something to risk becoming a target like that. When he was done reloading he snapped the cylinder back into place and teleported behind Rick, only to find that a rocket was heading for Rick, and that he was in the path if it missed. Great.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19