Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)  (Read 12743 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2011, 08:06:16 am »

Upon entering the bank vault tunnels, Athaerion, found some bloodied footsteps. In fact, there were three sets of footprints, two going into the vault, one going out. Remembering that earlier, when he shot the chimera in the leg, it's blood exploded no sooner than five seconds, and decided to follow the footsteps carefully.

He carefully tread the area, avoiding to make noise. The chimera might be anywhere. Then suddenly, he heard distinct footsteps, which stopped after taking two steps.

"Hmm, what was that?"

Athaerion was even more wary of the situation, since those footsteps could be the chimera's. He walked over to the area where he heard the footsteps, he found more footprints that suddenly stopped at a dead end. Upon further inspection, there were no vents, and there was no way a creature could cling to a wall without making sounds.

Being a bit paranoid and vigilant at the same time, he fired his laser pistol at the estimated origin of the sound. 
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2011, 10:42:14 am »

Athaerion
The air of the tunnel felt strange sending chills down Athaerion's spine. He wasn't afraid, but something felt different. Overlooking the plain featureless door with a hole in its handle Athaerion fired his laser pistol. A vibrant beam of green light shot out from the gun. There was now an even larger hole that enveloped the top half of the door to compliment the one that allowed the door to open. Somehow the pistol seemed more powerful than it was when he tried it earlier.

It appeared to be a standard executive office space with a heavy oak desk, a computer terminal, and a chair that spins. Off to the sides were filing cabinets and bookshelves that looked ransacked. Inside the room there were so many footprints that it almost seemed like a convention ran around the room. Some of the footprints were covered by books and files that littered the floor outside the bookshelf, no books remained. No new footprints were appearing, so either the invisible person is holding still, or they moved on. It was hard to tell because of the massive amounts of footprints. However the chimera's footprints were only next to the desk and towards the end of the room before dissappearing.

((I'll add more details if you search, or try to follow the footprints.))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:07:34 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2011, 10:51:35 am »

((revised by request.))

Athaerion was anxious; it was too silent, but he decided to move further onwards after finding nothing of note, and followed the footsteps leading further into the end room.

How odd, the footprint suddenly stopped, facing the wall. Is this abomination capable of walking backwards with equal efficiency as walking forwards?

He leaned in closer, looking at the footprint.

This idiot is sending me round and round...

Taking out a small syringe from his pocket, the syringe he used to administer morphine into Ethan's bloodstream, he extracted a small blood sample, to determine later what exactly makes the creature's blood highly explosive.

Frowning over the lack of interesting things in the area, he left the room, back to the small junction where he fired that laser. He took the other path that he didn't go into earlier, and proceeded to go in further into the vault's intricate and complex passages.

He heard footsteps again, although he wasn't sure if it's really the abomination he shot hours ago, or the deafening silence, which was getting to him. Further in, there was absolutely nothing of note, but he stumbled upon a corridor with flickering lights. In normal, battleground-type environments, it wouldn't get to him, but it was silent, and the sudden change of environs unnerved him a bit.

Feeling something bad might happen to him, he took a defensive approach to things, but still decided to venture further into the flickering corridor.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:45:32 am by New Guy »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 30, 2011, 12:02:39 pm »

Athaerion
The fluorescent lights flickered overhead in random bursts. The air was making Athaerion itch, but it felt oddly empowering, like he could make anything here. The laser pistol shook lightly in Athaerion's hands, and a dull glow was coming from the battery pack, but it didn't seem harmful. There were vaults lined up on the left. Numbers hung over them, visible only while the lights flickered, but visible none the less. Vaults 1 through 5 lined the walls, their massive circular shapes hung securely in place. As Athaerion moved through the room his feet itched with each step, almost as if something was under the floor. A heavy stone wall was at the end of the corridor, but the itching feeling lessened as Athaerion move towards the wall.

((If someone needs more information to make a post I'll write more. Just request it in the OCC thread.))

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2011, 12:13:38 pm »

Simon was running through the corridors, passing several empty rooms on his way. He was getting close to the vaults now. Suddenly, in the darkened halls, he saw another person in the distance.

Well, look who we've got here.

"Hey Atherion, nice to see you again. Looking for the chimera too?"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2011, 12:15:31 pm »

"Really now, this isn't funny..."

Athaerion lifted his pistol, aiming at the vault door, but the gun dissolved as soon as his aim was steadied. "Great timing, need to conjure another one.." he thought. Athaerion spent at least thirty seconds attempting to conjure the same weapon, but a sound reminiscent of a pipe clanging against a metal object broke his concentration, and stopped him from completing the conjuration process.

I'm pretty sure there's something here... need to get away from here, fast!

This time, he was sure there was something else with him, or at least, he felt that way. He began to run away from the ominous room, ignoring Simon, as he didn't notice him earlier, beginning the conjuration process anew as he was tracing his steps back towards the small office room.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2011, 12:25:00 pm »

Well, so much for that.

Simon took a look at the vault doors.

3, 4, 5.... Where are the other ones?

Simon started following the footprints again, trying to find vault 8.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2011, 12:27:40 pm »

Surprisingly the laser pistol materialized in Athaerion's hand as he was leaving the vault. It was only about ten seconds since he started to form the pistol. The air seemed to be amplifying powers.

Simon also felt something different about the air, just like the security officer said you would. It seemed stronger in this room, but it didn't look as if there was any way to get to Vault 8 from here. Solid stone walls all around with the exception of the other steel vault doors. He also realized that the footprints stopped a while ago, but went to investigate the flickering lights. He headed back to the office where Athaerion was headed.

((I think that I just will assume that Shade is an NPC support character. I don't write for Shade often enough, and it feels like god-modding when I do since I made the setting.))

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2011, 12:34:25 pm »

Hmm... Gun's already here?

Athaerion stopped on his tracks, then decided to go back into the charged vault. He left there simply because he was hearing various oddities and he was unarmed. As he went back to the vault, he saw Simon.

"Oh, sorry for ignoring you earlier, I thought that there was something over there, since I heard sounds reminiscent of pipes clanging. What's up?"

He stopped and greeted Simon, awaiting his response.

((No, you should get down here. Two people is just two people. Three's a crowd, and even then, you're not godhaxxed.))

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2011, 12:43:58 pm »

"Not much. I think the chimera went to Vault 8, but I can't find that. And the trail just stopped in this room."

Simon shortly glanced over the room.

"I think they might be in here with us, but I don't why they haven't attacked us yet if that's true. Do you have any other ideas?"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2011, 12:56:28 pm »

"I don't know. I've seen a footprint abruptly ending, facing a wall, in a small office. Aside from that, I don't see anything else. I do hear some creepy clanging, or footsteps, but I'm not sure if the vault's silence is getting to me. They might be here, but be careful, that chimera's blood explodes once it leaves it's body."

Pacing around the room, Athaerion noticed something happening within him.

"I'm not too sure, but I feel charged in this flickering lightshow of a corridor. How about you?"

His face changed from looking indifferent into a concerned frown.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2011, 01:34:24 pm »

"I'm not sure, let me try."

Simon concentrated on his hand, trying to change it back to normal. To his surprise, he managed to do the change in a few seconds, much shorter then usual. Just as quickly he turned it into a claw again.

I think I have an idea...

With a quick swipe of his claw, Simon cut a small wound into his own arm. Concentrating, he managed to close it directly as the claw was passing through.

"Awesome. I never had enough control over myself to regenerate or change that quickly. This will be useful when we fight that thing."

Simon was caught in thoughts for a few seconds, then looked at Atherion.

"Atherion, try creating a few explosives. It is probably the most stupid idea I ever had in my life, but I think that monster somehow went through the wall. And we'll have to follow it quickly."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2011, 01:45:04 pm »

"Sorry Simon, can't make another item while another conjured item exists. Can't unsummon them at will too, picky gods. Let's just wait for one more minute, more or less, so I can make you those explosives you requested."

After saying those, Athaerion looked at his watch, (it was one of those glow in the dark digital ones) and saw that the time was 2:03 AM.

"Hmm, I wonder if they plan to ambush us when the clock hits twelve, metaphorically, and possibly figuratively speaking, although that's quite impossible, considering the time itself..."

((I'm supposed to sleep right now, why am I glued to my chair? XDDSleeping for good. Night, everyone.))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:10:53 pm by New Guy »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2011, 02:11:56 pm »

Looking around the room while they wait Simon notices that both sets of footprints headed for the far wall after standing in front of the desk. A quick look under the desk reveals a small red button.

((It moves the wall, and leads to the exec elevator that Riccto should have taken, but didn't yet. There is no retinal scanner at this entrance. You can still go with the explosives idea for !!fun!!, but I'd suggest trying the button anyways.))

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2011, 10:57:23 am »

Hmm? What does this button do?

Simon pressed the button and after a short rumbling, the wall where the footprints had ended at opened up, revealing an elevator.

"Well, that explains a lot. That security guard really should have told me about this."

Simon stepped into the elevator, waiting for Atherion.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19