Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)  (Read 12753 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)
« Reply #225 on: October 26, 2011, 09:59:31 am »

It grabs the gun, and it is slowly absorbed into its body. The barrels that line its body shift and rotate, allowing the new barrel. All of the barrels shift except one rather questionable black bulge on it's neck. It hasn't yet absorbed the ammo clip, but it will soon.

((I hope that was a summoned gun. Regardless it now has some ammo with gunpowder. Not that it is going to last long considering how it fires bullets.))

EDIT: The creature looked unnervingly human, albeit rather mutated. His face was twisted in an unrecognizable way with flaps of skin covering one of its eyes, while the other side lacked most skin and was worn down to mere muscles and bone. It's hair was mostly gone, but what was still there was hazel. It wore a long coat, but it was torn to shreds by the barrels protruding from everywhere on its body. Now that Athaerion was close to it he could see that it resembled a Circle long coat. The creature smelled of dirt, burning flesh, and gunpowder.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:09:40 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 26, 2011, 10:35:01 am »

"Piece of Shi-"

The sound of gunfire could be heard almost everywhere in the bank. Burnt papers, broken glass and smoke surrounded the room. For what was about an eternity to Athaerion, it was in reality just one minute of chaotic gunfire. The whole room was filled with bullets and large amounts of gunpowder-smelling smoke. Then, it suddenly went silent.

Fortunately for Athaerion, he studied the modified Berreta's architecture when he was in his hideout and managed to sucessfully recreate from memory, so he left the original in his hideout. Unfortunately for him, the weapon was quite advanced, it was being tested on him,
 and he'd have to wait for another four minutes to be able to conjure up another weapon.

"Damn it, you idiot! I should have known not to point that gun on his face!"

The Berreta was modified to have increased projectile velocity, and unless he had enhanced agility, he wouldn't be able to outrun the gunfire from even a distance.

He would need to survive for four minutes before the barrage would fully stop, and the bank had little objects suitable for cover. He'd need a miracle to survive. Of course, if the gunman actually forms weapons based on the items it absorbs, then Athaerion's in hell.

Athaerion was hiding behind the counters, hoping for someone better than him to intervene.

((EDITED FOR CONSISTENCY))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:52:05 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2011, 10:44:48 am »

Gunshots echoed from the bank, sounding down the long alleyway. The bank assault had already begun and was in full swing.

As she ran into the front of the parking lot, she saw a figure on the roof of the bank. If the thing on the roof was responsible, it must be quite strong. From its silhouette against the sun, it appeared as a distorted humanoid, probably some sort of mutant.

If the threat is up there, why isn't there anyway shooting it? The shots are coming from inside the bank. There must be more of them in there too.

She had spoken too soon, someone was indeed shooting at the creature on the roof. It must have been explosive munitions, because the shots were followed by a small explosions, scattering bits of glass everywhere.

But she would first need more water than what she had coiled in her sleeves; that would be reserved for emergencies. Some quick searching located a storm drain, still filled with water from the storm the day before. She pulled a good amount of water out, swirling it around herself. As she turned back towards the bank, another, much larger, explosion shook the air.

A pillar of smoke rose from the hole in the bank's roof, hiding whatever could still be lurking there. In response, she pulled the water closer to her, pulling a small mask of water over her mouth to keep out smoke. With that, she ran over to the bank's doors and sliced the latch holding them together. The doors swung open, belching out thick, black smoke.

That should clear it out a bit.

She waited for the smoke to dissipate to visible levels before moving into the lobby, feeling her way forward with many tendrils of water. Deeper into the lobby, there seemed to be several other people. One was holding another mutant- it looked as if he ripped something out of it. A gun? Behind the mutant bristling with pipes was a smoking hole.

That's probably where the perpetrator went. I'll deal with this one first though.

As she thought, the thing absorbed the weapon of a nearby person, causing all the pipes to realign, and joining them. Interestingly, the creature seemed to have guns poking out of its body.

Geneva pulled in a tendril, then shot it quickly towards the mutant, ramming it down one of the barrels. This was followed by a loud - and somewhat disturbing - scream as the tendril froze and expanded, shattering the gun and sending spikes of ice and shards of metal deep into the mutant's flesh.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 26, 2011, 11:04:58 am »

The mutant was screaming in intense pain as it quivered around wildly. He left the woman to deal with the abomination, while his mind turned inwards and thought:

Why did that creature wear the Circle's signature coat? I will need find out more about it... after four minutes has passed. Athaerion, you stupid idiot...

He began to call on the woman, telling her:

"Watch out for it's gunfire! It's now equipped with high-velocity projectile modifications! Keep out of it's line of sight!"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 26, 2011, 11:07:35 am »

Sarah shouted "HOLD IT!"

She jumped out of cover, and grabbed her fallen lighter. She rolled and stared the abomination in the face.

"Hey!" She opened the lighter and flicked it. "If you go fire your guns I'll light you up again!"

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 26, 2011, 11:43:03 am »

It fired at Sarah anyways, but Sarah dodged it and the backdraft from the shot pulled in the flames. The explosion of the remaining gunpowder shot the barrel of another gun into its neck shattering the unusual black spot that jutted from it. The force knocked it down to the ground. Blood trickled around the barrel of the gun and the creature looked around.

((That really shouldn't have happened, but whatever. ;D))

Whatever happened seems to have made the Gun Man lose his will to fight. The barrels went limb and tugged lightly on the mutated skin. Its thick blood pooled around it. The blood smelled of burnt gunpowder and the red colour was almost completely blackened. It tried to speak, "...where... am...I?"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2011, 11:51:01 am »

"You're in the bank. And you're not even here to withdraw something from your account. Tell me, why do you wear the Circle's insigia?"

Athaerion was pissed at him, since that gunman stole his weapon from him and now he has to wait until the cooldown is over.

"I won't hesitate grabbing a shard of glass and stabbing it in your eye, if you don't answer me!"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:54:46 am by New Guy »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2011, 12:01:43 pm »

"Is... Leo still alive?" He grabbed Athaerion's shoulder. "You can kill me... just leave Leo alone." He looked at his arms, and then back at Athaerion. "What happened? You... aren't one of them."

EDIT: Shade couldn't let the creatures get further into the bank, and teleported into the basement. He had been inside this bank before, when he robbed it 20 years ago, so he had no problems warping into the basement. Seeing the cracked floors he started stalking his prey, before they could steal what they came here for.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:05:14 pm by The Fool »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 26, 2011, 12:09:07 pm »

"Leo? Who is this Leo person you're talking about? Does that guy know someone named Ethan?"

Athaerion scanned a bit of his wounds, and some of them looked very grave.

"Shit. We need to get you to a doctor."

Athaerion took a cell phone out of his pocket and called someone.

"Hello, is this the Land's Edge Pub?"

"Yes, what do you need?"

"I need support over here at the Grand National Bank. Please call Ms. Herringbone immediately."

"Affirmative. Is there something else you needed?"

"No, that's all. Thank you and goodbye."

He then dropped the call, and looked at the Gunman in front of him. He took out a small stimpak and morphine, and administered them to the gunman.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 26, 2011, 12:20:52 pm »

"Nice to see you again, Atherion. I'd stay around to help, but that other monster is still on the run."

With, Simon leaped into the hole, quickly folloing the abomination deeper into the building.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 26, 2011, 01:03:32 pm »

Cheap white ceramic tiles coat the floor. The white non-descript walls look like they need a new coat of paint, but otherwise are normal. Most the white metal doors have keypads and have no handles with the exception of the fire escape, which has a fire alarm trigger built into the handle. Cracked tiles head further into the complex, but the cracks become less and less frequent. It is either the chimera is running faster or it is healing. Maps are common, and it seems as if the path the creature chose has no other exits.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 26, 2011, 01:09:50 pm »

Simon stopped for a minute, changing himself. He grew his claws again and empowered his legs to run faster. Then, he started chasing the chimera again, running through the corridors it had passed through.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 26, 2011, 01:26:32 pm »

Athaerion had managed to stabilize the gunman, and while he was still badly bleeding, the gunman would survive without medical treatment for at least seven to ten minutes.

He carried the man outside, waiting for Mary to arrive and heal the man, so he would be in a position to talk.

Outside, the streets were now blaring with police car sirens, cops mobilized around every corner, and various civilians looking at the bank.

"Just hang in there..."

Athaerion felt that this guy was familiar, but he couldn't quite twist his mind around it. The fact that the guy was wearing an identical, but tattered coat with the Circle's insignia help propagate that thought in his mind.

Finally, a black, sleek sedan arrived, then a bodyguard opened the rear passenger seat doors. Mary had arrived post haste.

"Mary, I need you to stabilize this man's health, as I need him to talk to me about history, later."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 26, 2011, 04:56:12 pm »

Mary walked over to the monstrosity and turned back to Athaerion. "What the hell is this? Anyone care to fill me in? ...Whatever, he's going to die if I don't help."

Looking over the creature she decided that the barrel in it's neck had to go first. She pulled out the barrel while placing her hand on its shoulder. The shoulder greatly reduced in size and the gun started forcing its way into the creatures neck to get away from the shoulder. She lifted her hand as quickly as she could leaving the gun lodged into both its neck and its shoulder leaving both places bloodied. "Damn it! Anyone have a knife? We'll need to cut some of these out." She placed her hand on the bleeding neck wound to slow the bleeding, but it also healed a section of the creatures face. "Hold on..." She moved her hand to the face revealing a horribly mutilated face full of cuts and scars. She moved her bloodied hand to her face and moved her hair out of her eyes getting blood into her hair in the process. "...Call Shade. This thing is Ethan."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 26, 2011, 06:06:26 pm »

"A knife? I have something like that."

Geneva pulls out several small blades, each almost as thin as a needle and about half a foot long.

Handing two over to Mary, she watches the healing of... "Ethan"?

"If you need something even more precise than that, I can make incisions where you tell me to using water... You said you know this... person? May I inquire as to his identity?"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19