Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)  (Read 12757 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 2)
« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2011, 12:47:46 pm »

"Huh. Deserved to Die....It would sound like this Clades is another organization attempting to find a way towards the perfect being....How uncreative. Maybe they'll toss a new take at it considering their massive funding seemingly coming from no where..."
Raggle Fraggle

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 23, 2011, 10:43:24 pm »

Athaerion returned back to his hideout. Everything was as it was before, silent, sterile, and safe. Since he relinquished that long coat with the Circle's insignia, he had to get another coat from his clothing rack. He wore a coat identical to the one that was tattered, except that it's clean and in top condition.

"I wonder what's on the radio..."

Athaerion turned on a small portable radio next to his sofa, then he sat on his sofa, and started writing on his journal, about the past few days and various events pertaining to his history.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 23, 2011, 11:44:15 pm »

Wei sat in a comfortable chair in one of his hideouts across the city, a glass of vintage alcohol in one hand and justicar's phone in the other, staring at it in deep thought. He was thinking many things, how his shock from seeing the giant airship yesterday turned into a boggling sense of worry. He had managed to fly them all out, though he regretted Rick tossing the prisoner off the building, he needed information more than anything right now. Taking a sip from his glass, he looked back to the phone, which he was glad to find had no bugs in it whatsoever. He knew he had to call him, he needed his contacts and skills in finding things. He dialed the phone number stored in the phone.

"Justicar, it's me. We need to talk. Meet me downtown at the west enterance of the Monroe dockyards in one hour. If you see Rick or Akane, tell them to come too."

Downing the last of the alcohol and placing the glass gently on the table next to him, Wei stands up and sighs. Wasting no time, he staightens his tie and leaves.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2011, 02:18:08 am »

Simon was sitting on a bench close to the Grand National Bank, watching people do their business. He had changed his body to look different and wore a coat to conceal the gun he had gotten 2 days before. Whoever was sending those messanges over radio would strike again, and if he wasn't lying it would be here. Simon sighed. The whole thing looked like a trap, but the radio announcer was the only clue he had. Whatever would happen, he couldn't let this chance go.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 24, 2011, 10:11:02 am »

Day 3, 12:47 pm, Grand National Bank

The bank had high glass ceilings, marble columns, and vast well polished floors. To the right were numerous glass cubicles where people discussed stocks and investments. Over the cubicles were another set of cubicles with big screens for businesses to discuss investment strategies with the bank. A wide red carpet lead up to a long desk where five bankers stood at their computer terminals helping a long line of people that had slowly built up over the morning. To the right of the first floor cubicles was a waiting area with 3 long brown leather sofas surrounding a running fireplace. Marketing magazines, among other magazines were spread out over the glass table between the sofas and the fireplace. Just looking at the wide floorspace it was evident that the safes were most likely down a level or two, not that that is relevant.

Shade was sitting on a sofa, when a cracking could be heard overhead. Looking up a figure could be seen on the roof. With a bang the figure fell downward two floors onto the shiny floors that cracked under its weight. The shirtless figure looked familiar to Shade, but it was heavily disfigured and covered in black spots of some kind, some of which protruded outward. As the creature breathed the black objects stayed in place revealing themselves as tubes of some sort. People ran out of the building screaming, but some stayed behind and hid behind the nearest large object.

((I figure someone is going to act before the gunner moves to the counter. Sorry for the delay, internet went down.))

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)
« Reply #200 on: October 24, 2011, 10:54:38 am »

Athaerion previously listened to the broadcast, so he knew that something would happen to the bank. Of course, he came prepared, with a bunch of stimpaks, morphine and steroids. He also brought a few .50 BMG ammunition, since he planned to conjure a standard Steyr HS .50 before things get worse.

He was on a rooftop near the bank, watching the area for hostiles and the like.

From the distance, he saw a black, bulky figure, breaking through the bank's glass ceilings. By the time he aimed his rifle, it was a bit too late; he was nowhere to be found on the outside.

"Great. Missed my chance, again..."

After a short amount of time, the civilians left the bank, in haste. The streets were soon crowded with confused drivers and their cars, and various civilians and some authorities. Athaerion prepared himself for the worst.

"Take aim, now..."

He inched his finger a little bit closer to the trigger, and started to look at the sights, scanning the area for hostiles.

"This is strange. There isn't much commotion than I expected. I shouldn't go check though, as I might lose my head."

Wary because of a lack of action in the bank, he tightened his grip on the weapon, altered his composure a bit, and maintained a prone position.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 24, 2011, 12:59:23 pm »

Simon got out his gun. Something had crashed through the roof of the bank and had scared away the civilians. His eapon in hand, Simon ran into the bank, ready to fight. He found the strange figure standing in the middle of the first floor, pipes coming out of it's body at several points. Simon took a few shots at it, trying to aim between the pipes, so the bullets wouldn't bounce off.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 24, 2011, 04:08:40 pm »

The humanoid grunted in pain, but it didn't turn to Simon. However some of the black pipes moved with a sound not unlike a series of hammers cocking. As the creature walked towards the counter it fired at Simon blindly, but fairly accurate all things considered. The ground beneath the monstrosity decayed and cracked as the bullets flied. The bullets themselves seemed to shatter on impact rather than crumple sending small amounts of shrapnel outwards.

Another creature resembling a chimera was waiting on the remains of the glass roof. It sat there, but didn't descend into the building as the other did.

Shade whistled to the gun covered thing and dove behind a couch and into its shadow. He appeared in one of the glass cubicles and started firing at the creature from the upper railing shattering glass as he fired.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 24, 2011, 05:42:19 pm »

Sarah Calvera kicked the doors open with her guns drawn. She imagined dramatic music would be playing if she was in a movie, which she wasn't. She cocked the guns at the monstrosity. Then she realized just what she was fighting.

"Okay, what the fuck? Is that thing covered in fucking gu--"

She was interrupted by a barrage of bullets heading her way. She dodged out of the way, under a desk. She blind-fired above the desk, hoping that just maybe one of the bullets would hit.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 24, 2011, 08:47:32 pm »

Justicar was sitting in a rather spartan apartment, cleaning his guns and sorting through files when Wei's call arrived. He was wearing his mask. He had taken to wearing it while doing all types of activities but thats beside the current point. He picked up the phone, breathing softly in the phone. Wei knew his message came across and Justicar read it plain and clear. He suited up quickly into the black armored jumpsuit and tyed a white blindfold across the featureless mask where his eyes would be. He left quickly after quickly assembling his guns and firing a line out the window.

When Wei arrived he would fine Justicar perched atop a streetlight. He is surprisingly acrobatic for a man his size. 
"You Rang?"
Raggle Fraggle

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2011, 08:54:43 pm »

Rick was on his way to the bank as a break from his tests on the mutagen and zombie gasses, but saw Justicar going the other way with some haste, so he decided to follow him. He kept up with him and approached him as he jumped onto a streetlight.
"Waiting for someone, or are you just taking a stroll?"

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2011, 08:56:38 pm »

"Wei had decided to Ring me up." He rolled his shoulders as he rocked slightly on top of the streetlight
Raggle Fraggle

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2011, 09:59:39 pm »

Time passed slowly as Wei made his way to the dockyards, thinking about the current circumstances more and more. He was certain that he couldn't take on such people by himself, not easily at any rate, and he needed access to certain places and people that his reputation simply would not allow. Justicar was the answer, but it didn't mean that he had to like it. Arriving at the designated point, exactly on time, he saw Justicar sitting on a streetlight of all things, and was glad to see Rick standing underneath talking to him. Akane was naturally nowhere to be found, but he had expected that.

Ugh, showy and into himself, as usual. There is a perfectly fine patch of ground underneath you, you know.

"So, gentlemen. Glad to see you have arrived on time. Let's walk, we need to talk some things over."

Walking under the streetlight and entering the dockyards proper, Wei doesn't turn back to check if they are following, and heads to the older parts of the dockyard.

"Let me get straight to the point; things have changed, and not for the better. This organisation, Slades as they call themselves, is a lot bigger than I initially thought. I realise now that in order for me to actually make any progress in finding out more about these people, I have to go through channels that I normally wouldn't. I'm only doing this because I know the threat these people represent, and let me tell you, it's no idle threat."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2011, 10:21:31 pm »

Justicar dropped from the streetlight with a slight twang and a muffled landing, chosing to follow after Wei. He walked in lock step with him. Justicars eyes darted about beneath his mask but to the outside observer it merely appeared as he was staring forward. And then he turned to Wei as he spoke, listening intently as he spoke. "Yes. They seem more than we're used to seeing. They have money and some good people to throw it at apparently. I want to get to the bottom of this as much as you do. What do you need me to do?"
Raggle Fraggle

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2011, 10:25:23 pm »

Rick nodded his head and looked around, following Wei.
"Indeed, I have been analysing the mutagen and the rage gas. Frankly, they have been synthesized by means that this planet as a whole should not have for a very long time. Either they have found extraterrestrial tech or someone among them is far, far too smart."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19