Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)  (Read 12751 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 07:17:34 pm »

Sure. I'll do that now.

EDIT: I'm surprised how fast 8 slots can fill. I'll create and post an event in a few hours if jc doesn't PM me before then.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 07:25:57 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 07:41:52 pm »

Macentis Dubeo

Power - Power Negation

From his earliest days, Macentis was not liked by many people. No matter what he did, people seemed to really detest him. Whether he did the athletic stuff at school, or studied hard, people hated him.

He joined the military, and dropped out three years later. He was on the streets for less than a week when one of those damned superheroes that had made the military unneccessary came to him. He was obviously one of those superstrength bastards. Macentis got ready to endure a beating from the drunken bastard. But when the first punch hit, it was nothing. The drunkard was surprised at this, and so was Macentis. But he took his chance and drew his knife, his one companion, and stabbed the bastard. Again and again and again. He left him with more than fifty five knife wounds.

He didn't know what had happened, but he knows that somehow, somehow, the superheroes now had a weakness, and he was going to exploit it. He joined the Busters, and now it's time for revenge.

I'd suggest the first one and I changed the power name to one with a page. It's the same thing as what you described.

The second one had multiple strong powers and an unpronounceable name.

Okay, I'll go with that one, then.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 07:54:47 pm »

Oh, I would like to join this again. I quite enjoyed being an absolute monster in the last one. Wei just stuck on me.  ;)

Wei Lung AKA The Crimson Man

Power: Blood Manipulation http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Manipulation

Wei was fighting in the city long before the fall of the Busters, he liked fighting, and he also liked making money. He didn't like the attitude of the Busters however, oh no, he despised them, mere humans trying to become better by taking away the gifts of others more gifted. Wei didn't like this at all, so he organised the assault on the main storage area of the Busters, and even went himself, slaughtering all that stood in his way. It gave quite the explosion.

In the last few years, he has gone off on his own, which he prefers, killing anyone who opposes him from gaining profit from the situation in Kaleno. He doesn't really care who comes out on top in the city, just as long as they don't mess with him.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 08:01:40 pm »

I'll expand the player list to 10+GMs, then I'll start a waiting list. I should have updated the players list before I went to eat. Good to have you back Zako.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 08:12:20 pm by The Fool »

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 08:19:20 pm »

Can I reserve a spot? I need to go through the wiki first, but I have a pretty good idea of what I want...
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 08:22:55 pm »

Reserved.

Event is starting in about two hours.

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 09:00:59 pm »

Is this ok?

Jacob "The Unseen"

Precognition (numerology - reading only (no probability bending))

The first thing others knew about Jacob was... Not a lot really. No-one knew so much as where he was from. But they did know some things. He had been on the run from the Busters for as long as he could remember, but he always managed to escape. He always was the person who was away when an attack occurred, or standing in the only spot that the bullets missed. Perhaps it was precog. Perhaps he was simply lucky. Regardless, was enough. Until the day he walked around the corner and was shot in the head. And in the moment between him seeing the gun and the bullet hitting him, he saw. Who he was. What he was. How he could survive. Cold hard numbers... He took the fabric of reality in his fingers and twisted. What were the chances that the casing was off just so on that preticular bullet? What were the chances that the quality control missed it, and that the gun had been loaded in that preticular way? Had he changed the numbers to be so or had they always been like that? For once, he honestly did not know himself, but regardless, the bullet only glanced off of his skull...

After that he just... Stayed out of the way. No-one saw him unless he wished them to, and he did not. It was too risky... It was always too risky. All of his hopes and dreams had been reduced to numbers... Cold, hard, numbers.
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 09:27:35 pm »

((From here on all OOC discussions should be moved to the OOC thread linked in the OP. This includes the character creation that is still happening. I'll post the first of the days predictions before I start posting the event.))

The First Premonition, Day 1.

It was about 8 am when the radio in the back of the Land's Edge pub changed from solid static noise to a dull drone. He was late today. The transmissions started five years ago, when a ghostly calm male voice started announcing the destructive events of the day. Today was no different. "Good morning everyone. The forecast of today is clear skies with cloud cover in the evening. Today several people will die at noon at a gathering in central park because of the actions of two latecomers. The park will be painted with blood. That is all."

((The event will follow in about an hour from this post.))

EDIT: ((Since the radio station has been running mysteriously for five years in the mornings people can know of it, and use anything from a radio to an iPod (radio function) to hear it. Whatever fits your character best.))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:34:30 pm by The Fool »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 10:25:15 pm »

Rick was awoken by today's premonition, playing on his needlessly loud alarm clock.
Another day, another homicide. He though, stretching as he picked out today's custom tailored lab coat. He didn't really know why he had continued to wear them in public. Hell, he still had the tattered old one from the accident, he was still trying to get biomass stains out of it.
He picked a dark red one with black trim, deciding that if there was going to be a blood bath, he was going to dress accordingly.

He walked into his basement with a bagel and coffee, leaning towards the eye scanner hidden in a slot on the wall. He stepped into the elevator going to his sub-basement.
His dealings with The Truth and The Circle had swelled his already large funds, but his best defense was still his anonymity, as he made sure no one remembered where he lived.

He looked over his humble laboratory, checking up on his strains of biomass before continuing with his optics tests. He had contemplated hiring an assistant, but he had not really found anyone who had fit the bill.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 11:05:28 pm »

((I'll have the predictions farther in advance, and earlier in the day next time. I'll adjust the time between as I go.))

Day 1, 11:43 am, west Central Park
Several hundred protesters flooded into Central Park carrying signs. Messages like 'No mutants', 'Humans first', and 'No Heroes' plastered the crowd. A speaker stood on a raised platform. "...no one has the right to control us! We need to stand against groups like the Circle. All they do is extort our money, and for what? Protection? For all we know it could be them attacking our city to scare us out of our money." The crowd started to cry out in agreement. Two blond haired ladies dressed in dark green hoodies snuck into the crowd. It was obvious that they were twins. Not even waiting for the speech to finish they called out.

"The Circle sends its regards. Lets kill'em sister." The two started throwing fire bombs at anyone nearby. In the chaos of the attack the raised wooden platform caught fire. Protestors started scattering away from the burning stage.

Day 1, 11:45 am, east Central Park

As Shade was about to sip his coffee waiting for something to happen the sounds of an explosion on the other side of the park caught his attention. "The news guy is really off today. I thought I'd be early." He tossed his coffee in the trash, and started towards the other side of the park.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 11:15:03 pm »

Rick arrived at the park in time to see the stand go up in flames. He knew that The Circle was obviously being framed, either by The Truth or someone else. He was keen on getting information, but his powers were not exactly suitable for keeping things subdued and alive at the same time.

He began to inconspicuously remove fire bombs from the air and reduce the level of oxygen in the area. He had donated a good amount of money to the restoration of the park after it had been tainted by biomass, then ignited by multiple sources. He was not keen to see a similar thing happen again.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:09:51 am by Sinpwn »

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 11:55:31 pm »

Justicar had woken early in the morning to listen to the broadcast. As he had taken to every morning. Himself sitting in the rather spartan living quarters and listening to the various radios he had placed around the room waiting for that one broadcast. “There..There he is again..” He said to himself as he tuned out the other radio’s to listen to the prophetic broadcast. He then suited up, slipping on a black synthetic balaclava and then attaching a  grey mask that was completely smooth and lacking features. This  contained a majority of his HUD. He then slipped on a ear piece. Following that he tied a simple white cloth over the mask where his eyes would be, Justice was blind afterall. He would then slip on the SAP gloves and refrained from putting on the rest of his suit chosing to wear a blue hoodie and blue jeans.
Later.
Justicar had hidden himself amongs the crowd for a majority of the rally, keeping his hood pulled over to cast a shadow over his featureless face, Just standing in the crowd, waiting for what ever was going to happen, what ever prophesized attack to occur. Then the bombing started, the fires spread quickly and the attacks were indiscriminate, This means that Justicar had to act more rapidly than he normally would. He set full tilt at one of the twins, cracking one in the jaw with his fist but then one of the explosives floated down infront of him “…Shit.” He managed to say before he was blown back, tearing away his hood and sending him backwards. The distinctly indistinct mask glinted against some of the flames and there were some mumbles of recognition from some of the crowd.
Raggle Fraggle

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 01:14:28 am »

Simon was among the croad, disguised in a different form. He always went to such speeches, if you only to make sure they went over peacefully. He always waited silently, never doing anything no one else was doing too. When the twins attacked, he quickly hid in the crowd, and tried to pinpoint the attackers down. He saw a man charging a woman and punch her, only to be hit by a fireball one second later. Simon hid behind a nearby tree and started to concentrate on his fingers, slowly starting to transform his fingernails into long and deadly claws. He prayed that something would keep the attackers occupied for a minute, so that he could finish the transformation.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 02:35:26 am »

Macentis was lying in the shadows. With him were a group of Buster soldiers. He rose when the attacks started. At a shouted order from his group's leader, he moved out, ready to engage these damned mutants. They would not get away with this.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 04:21:33 am »

Athaerion heard the explosions, but he was simply too busy to look for the source of the sounds. After all, nobody said that he was a hero, and he wasn't aiming to be one, either.

He simply wrote down notes and sipped his cup o' joe in the coffee shop.

But something came into his mind.

"Were the explosions related to The Circle in anyway?"

It interested him, since he first came back into his senses and woke up in The Circle's territory without any memory of himself, except his name, the factions, and the only remaining fragment of his powers. "If The Circle was somehow related to me forgetting almost everything, I bet they have a ton of things to answer to me."

"Regardless, there's only one way to find out, whether they were related to my past or not."

He then proceeded to finish his coffee, wore his tattered longcoat and took off for the source of the explosion.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19