Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Trampletongs - An experiment with citizen mandates [Community Fort]  (Read 7231 times)

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
Re: Trampletongs - An experiment with citizen mandates [Community Fort]
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 10:34:01 am »

Can you please dorf me as Atis Kikrostzolak, Craftsdwarf (specialty: Glassmaking) (Female), nicknamed Mumbling Atis.

As there's no evidence of sand yet, Mumbling Atis will make her appearance by mumbling, "Can I have an aquarium with a fish in it, for my bedroom? Oh, and can I please have a bedroom?"
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:51:27 am by Romeofalling »

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:13 am »

i'd like to be dorfed by i don't like either of the two available dorfs.  Can i change the dwarf''s occupation?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 11:25:04 am »

I want to be the first available dungeonmaster( in title only any dwarf will work) that shows up. use my forum name.

and my first mandate will be a  2 war dogs for everyone, that's here now and will ever show up.

and a hole Z lvl carved into a maze with multiple exits that change to keep the goblins/elfs pathing around inside of it.( room full of levers set for only my guy to pull to change the maze exits)

And a Fight ring to make people fight in before there thrown in to the maze.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:44:35 pm by Uthric »

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 11:32:32 am »

I want to be the first available dungeonmaster( in title only )  that shows up. use my forum name.

and my first mandate will be a  2 war dogs for everyone, that's here now and will ever show up.

and a hole Z lvl carved into a maze with multiple exits that change to keep the goblins/elfs pathing around inside of it.( room full of levers set for only my guy to pull to change the maze exits)

And a Fight ring to make people fight in before there thrown in to the maze.

Damn he dodged a bullet with than one.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 06:10:38 am »

I'll take Atis. Nickname: Glasswyrm. Mandate: Locate sand (if possible, if not say so) and magma, then allow her to make green glass blocks in large numbers (if sand was found). No I won't, someone beat me to her...I'll take Kel, nickname Goldenherbs, whose mandate is to locate the caverns so he can practice both of his trades more.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:14:24 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 06:51:48 am »

Okay, I somehow lost the screenshots I made and I'm not in the mood to retake them so you're going to have to make do with descriptions.

Entry 3

We got bedrooms!

[Screenshot of the bedrooms, they're all 3x3 bedrooms and everyone is all like 'whoa! We got bedrooms!']

It took us a half year to make them but we did it! I finally don't have to share one room with these morons, just the other day Gar (the mechanist) told me that he was 'the head of the mechanic's guild'

"Gar," I said "You're the only bleedin' mechanic in this place!"

"Which is EXACTLY why I should be the head of the guild!" Somehow his logic was irrefutable "And as the head of the guild I order that a) All levers of this fortress are to be build is a single room, b) Only the Head Mechanist, his family or mechanists of sufficient skill (described in part 5, subsection b of my proposal) are authorised to operate said levers and-"

"Alright, got it. Control room, only you and the people you like are allowed to touch the levers. Now go build some stonefall traps!" [MANDATE COMPLETE]

We just finished building one of Gcd's staircases. I hope it's sufficiently elaborate.

[Screenshot of the staircase. It's got a central pillar that the stairs twist around. There's statues on the stairs and on top of the pillar. Everyone is all like 'whoa! This is a very elaborate spiral staircase!']

I figured one staircase would be enough for now so I got the masons to start working on some little luxuries, like doors.

Now that everyone has their own bedroom we can convert the old dormitory to a barracks. I got the miners to dig out a back room which we furnished with enough armor stands and weapon racks to accomodate a small militia. [MANDATE COMPLETE] We also got another migrant wave (there were nine of them) Three of the new migrants are now part of the military.

We hit a vein of native silver and lignite! I got the military guys to smelt it for us and got Zomara to make axes out of it. Yug immediately called dibs on one of them. [MANDATE COMPLETE]

Some of the migrants volunteered to take care of some of the paperwork which is good because I HATE paperwork. We now got a manager and a bookkeeper, the miners dug out some fancy offices for us.

[Screenshot of three offices. One of them is way bigger than the other offices and has a big-ass copper desk instead of a stone one. Everyone is like 'Whoa! That's a really nice office with a really nice copper desk! I wonder who that office belongs to! (hint: It's mine)']

The traders stopped by, I was planning to have Zomara make some armor that we could trade but she (or is it he? Whatever) was too busy with building a goddamn staircase that leads absolutely nowhere.

So far nothing bad has happened. This would normally be considered a good thing but it's making me nervous. Ususally when nothing bad happens for an extended period of time it just means the universe is saving up the pain and agony and will try to release it all in one big tsunami of bad stuff. I wonder if maybe I can just break someone's legs and cause some karmic balance?..
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:13:37 am by Sir Broccoli »
If sad, apply kittens.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 06:56:39 am »

Mumbling Atis mumbles, "Could you please show us a screenshot of the stairs next time? Or I could burn the fortress down..."

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 06:58:18 am »

TAKE THAT FUCKING SILVER AND TURN IT INTO A HAMMER FOR MEH!
It's better for you in the long run! (higher density=more damage)
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 07:06:15 am »

Ansontan: You really think I'd embark with a hammerdwarf and not take a silver war hammer?! Just what kind of idiot do you think I am?

Ifeno: Just tell me what kind of dwarf you'd like and I'll see what I can do for you.

Romeo: What, my description wasn't good enough? Alright then, but only because you threatened me:

If sad, apply kittens.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 07:14:29 am »

Those stairs would be better replaced by ramps, by the way. It's just nicer. But it's not mandate.

Mandate is - CAGES! hundred cages of whatever material, and cage traps spanned everywhere on surface. Same for caverns when we'll breach there.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 07:52:01 am »

Can you dwarf me as Shorast Omristducim and set his nickname to "Kukuryku!"?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 08:32:15 am »

"That's very pretty. Do you need me to do anything? I could maybe start making crafts for us, since we don't seem to have any other craftdwarves. Maybe I could help get the hospital set up?"

(Not a mandate, but trying to turn this back into a story fort.)

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 08:41:00 am »

You were dorfed, I just didn't have the chance to put you in the story just yet.
If sad, apply kittens.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 09:00:38 am »

Yes! Beautiful!
Truly, it embodies and properly elevates the cultural, nay, racial importance of the concepts of "up" and "down" in regards to motion and progress.

I'm sure everyone will appreciate the other two just as much. :P

I have another request but it is much more personal, so it wouldn't be fair to make more demands of your time yet.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 09:13:32 am »

You were dorfed, I just didn't have the chance to put you in the story just yet.

So Shorast decided that he wants fulfil his lifelong dream! He mandates preparing a chicken coop (it may be temporarily located in The Control Room, the are perfect niches to place nest boxes). As egg laying creatures are unavailable he requests
buying all domestic egg laying animal from caravan (and requesting suitable animals from laison, at the highest priority).
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5