Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF? Current list, including list of fixed bugs: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94802.msg3089089#msg3089089

impossible mandates (slade - bug #782, blue jay tooth etc - bug #1623) due to strange preferences (wagon wood - bug #3676 etc)
- 19 (3.1%)
bug #3169 - Bone carvers suffer art defacement when somebody leaves the map with stuck-in masterpiece bolts
- 2 (0.3%)
bug #524 - Liquid glob material breath attacks come out solid
- 2 (0.3%)
bug #1346 - Adamantine thread used for suturing.
- 13 (2.1%)
bug #2352 - Seasonal ice melting hangs game for a ridiculously long time
- 8 (1.3%)
bug #296 - Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
- 25 (4.1%)
bug #425 - Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #2481 - Dwarves will claim new clothes when theirs is worn (xClothesx) but not wear it
- 95 (15.7%)
bug #3453 - Baron/etc. cannot appoint baron-appointed nobles, such as the Dungeon Master
- 66 (10.9%)
bug #4025 - Every kobold starves to death at exactly year 4 in world gen
- 41 (6.8%)
bug #3708 - Ghost names that can't be engraved on a slab and nameless slab engravings
- 18 (3%)
bug #1498 - Crystal glass items can't be made, CRYSTAL_GLASSABLE appears broken
- 9 (1.5%)
bug #1582 - Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors
- 30 (4.9%)
bug #231 - Body parts from large creatures (bones, meat, leather, tusks, etc) slow workshops down due to clutter
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #197 - No wagons in trader/merchant caravans
- 8 (1.3%)
bug #3942 - Dwarves owning broken clothing. Clothes don't rot, ANNIHILATES FPS.
- 67 (11%)
bug #3685 - Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
- 3 (0.5%)
bug #1376 - Presence of saltwater marsh causes mountain brooks/pools to become salty
- 5 (0.8%)
Lye, water and buckets  (bug #1324 - buckets full of water were used to produce lye, bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable, bug #1236 - buckets contain lye and water, can't be used for anything)
- 25 (4.1%)
bug #535 - Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic
- 46 (7.6%)
bug #3898 - Entire Bone Statcks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #2712 - weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
- 27 (4.4%)
bug #4133 - Good/evil plants/trees don't appear (feather trees, glumprongs, sliver barbs, and sun berries)
- 11 (1.8%)
bug #2327 - Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #4550 - Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
- 13 (2.1%)
bug #4552 - Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
- 10 (1.6%)
bug #4833: When embarking, crashes when memory use reaches 2GB.
- 6 (1%)
bug #4856: Immortal Dwarf (... Yet unconcious) [or any other creature]
- 0 (0%)
bug #1609: Immigrant dwarves' skills often don't match their job settings
- 2 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 604

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: clothes fixed! | old poll results | poll restarted | 344/607 fixed  (Read 40249 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The worst bug - poll
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2012, 12:34:59 am »

Great list of annoying bugs that must be fixed.

It was very difficult to pick a single one, but I ended up going for the idle doctor not fixing my dwarfs. This one has gotten on my nerve a bunch of times and is one bug that feel as if it breaks the game for me.

All of these bugs should be fixed.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2012, 10:14:29 am »

For me its the clothing bug. I like to keep my forts orderly. Then my residents just scatter their possessions everywhere :/. Or a militia member goes out solo to claim clothing only to be killed by siegers/ambushers/titans.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2012, 12:41:41 pm »

All of the game bugs that force you to alter or not use a part of the game in order to maintain functionality or your sanity are the worst.

Not wearing new clothes despite dropping xWorn-Outx clothes forcing you to put everyone into a military squad with the uniform clothing of the fortress, the inability to assign a Dungeon Master and forcing you to change all [PET_EXOTIC] to normal [PET] tags (i voted this, because you have to change the raws to fix it; a task that can take a while even with the replace text function) and all the other similar ones are the worst.

Piddly crap like "Dodging into open space" and "adamantine threads for suturing" arn't even bugs, it's either an intentional part of gameplay (all the way back from 2D's chasm and falling-to-death) or something that lacks an interface to control properly (ie: masterpeice cloth being used for dressings)

About the PET and PET_EXOTIC thingy, if you have notepad++ you can simply go to replace, then click 'search in files' select the raws folder and it can replace all the PET_EXOTIC whit PET in a quick moment :D
(i just discoverd this myself. seems like a nifty tip. also, this is one of my first posts.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Felgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2012, 02:43:27 pm »

bug #1376 - Presence of saltwater marsh causes mountain brooks/pools to become salty

It’s even worse than that. I once did an 8x8 start on the coast where a huge major river (about 30 tiles across) emptied out into the sea, only about 1-2 rows of the 8x8 area included parts of the sea, so the ocean was along the east edge of my large starting area. I played about 3-4 years into the game and never realized there was no fresh water on the map until injured dwarves started dying of thirst. The entire length of the huge river, all lakes and even the underground water areas were all salty.

The odd part is, my fisher dwarves had been catching fresh water fish out of the river, so I missed the fact it was salty until it was too late for about 7 injured dwarves. I ended up abandoning that game after digging frantically to try and find fresh water underground. Once it was obvious none was to be found, I could think of no other possible solution.

Another thing I’ve noticed is there are never any fish in the underground waterways, even if the water is fresh water. I even constructed a huge waterfall once that diverted part of an above ground river through a deep vertical shaft to pour into a vast cavern with an underground lake in an attempt to seed the lake with fish, but no fish ever appeared. I saw them in the water channel leading to the vertical shaft, so they did get pulled out of the river, but none ever appeared in the underground lake.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2012, 03:10:26 pm »

bug #1376 - Presence of saltwater marsh causes mountain brooks/pools to become salty - added
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2012, 03:14:28 pm »

The crystal glass bug isn't that bad, considering a fix exists. Granted, said fix involves hex-editing "Dwarf Fortress.exe" by hand, and said fix only works on Windows, but it's a fix nonetheless.
It is a bit infuriating to save game, replace DFhack exe with crystalbugfixedexe, make crystal glass, replace crystalbugfixedexe with DFhack exe etc...
A bit of a late reply, but if you use the newer version of DFHack (which loads into DF itself in place of SDL.dll), then you can edit the EXE all you want and it won't care.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2012, 01:10:11 pm »

I locked voting. Results:

bug #2481 - Dwarves will claim new clothes when theirs is worn (xClothesx) but not wear it

bug #3453 - Baron/etc. cannot appoint baron-appointed nobles, such as the Dungeon Master

bug #535 - Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic

bug #1582 - Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors

bug #2712 - weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter

bug #296 - Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much

Lye, water and buckets  (bug #1324 - buckets full of water were used to produce lye, bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable, bug #1236 - buckets contain lye and water, can't be used for anything)

impossible mandates (slade - bug #782, blue jay tooth etc - bug #1623) due to strange preferences (wagon wood - bug #3676 etc)

bug #3708 - Ghost names that can't be engraved on a slab and nameless slab engravings

bug #425 - Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood

bug #3898 - Entire Bone Statcks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone

bug #231 - Body parts from large creatures (bones, meat, leather, tusks, etc) slow workshops down due to clutter

bug #2327 - Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog

bug #4550 - Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc

bug #1346 - Adamantine thread used for suturing.

bug #4133 - Good/evil plants/trees don't appear (feather trees, glumprongs, sliver barbs, and sun berries)

bug #4552 - Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders

bug #1498 - Crystal glass items can't be made, CRYSTAL_GLASSABLE appears broken FIXED!

bug #197 - No wagons in trader/merchant caravans FIXED!

bug #1899 - Game locks up for 30 min during seasonal temperature shift (Seasonal ice melting)

bug #4833: When embarking, crashes when memory use reaches 2GB.

bug #3685 - Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade

bug #3169 - Bone carvers suffer art defacement when somebody leaves the map with stuck-in masterpiece bolts

bug #524 - Liquid glob material breath attacks come out solid

bug #1609: Immigrant dwarves' skills often don't match their job settings

bug #4856: Immortal Dwarf (... Yet unconcious) [or any other creature]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:49:47 pm by Kogut »
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2012, 02:14:17 pm »

All information about new terrible bugs/fixing bugs from this list are welcomed.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2012, 02:20:26 pm »

The lye/water/bucket one got fixed too.

Kobolds don't starve to death at year 4. Many dead kobold thieves from years 5-~12 can attest to this. Or could if their brains weren't smashed in.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:22:50 pm by Yaotzin »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2012, 02:29:41 pm »

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2012, 03:35:51 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:45:11 pm by Bronimin »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2012, 06:18:48 pm »

Spoiler: Outdated (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 06:11:25 am by Kogut »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The worst bug - inactive 31.25 poll
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2012, 06:10:52 am »

I wait for new suggestion for top-priority bugs for the next edition of poll. Current results:

Fixed:

bug #1324 - buckets full of water were used to produce lye

bug #1498 - Crystal glass items can't be made, CRYSTAL_GLASSABLE appears broken

bug #197 - No wagons in trader/merchant caravans

bug #3453 - Baron/etc. cannot appoint baron-appointed nobles, such as the Tax Collector

bug #1899 - Game locks up for 30 min during seasonal temperature shift (Seasonal ice melting)

Current:

46 votes
Bug #535: Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic

30 votes
Bug #1582: Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors and #94: Injured dwarves not recovered, ignored by doctors, and/or don't get food/water

27 votes
Bug #2712: weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter

25 votes
Bug #296: Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much

25 votes
Lye, water and buckets  (bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable, bug #1236 - buckets contain lye and water, can't be used for anything)

19 votes
impossible mandates like blue jay tooth etc - bug #1623 due to strange preferences (wagon wood - bug #3676 etc)

18 votes
Bug #3708: Ghost names that can't be engraved on a slab and nameless slab engravings

14 votes
Bug #425: Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood

14 votes
Bug #3898: Entire Bone Statcks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone

14 votes
Bug #2327: Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog

13 votes
Bug #4550: Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc

13 votes
Bug #1346: Adamantine thread used for suturing.

10 votes
Bug #4552: Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders

6 votes
Bug #136 When embarking on large area, DF hits 2GB memory limit and crashes

5 votes
Bug #1376: Presence of saltwater marsh causes mountain brooks/pools to become salty

3 votes
Bug #3685: Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade

2 votes
Bug #3169: Bone carvers suffer art defacement when somebody leaves the map with stuck-in masterpiece bolts

2 votes
Bug #524: Liquid glob material breath attacks come out solid

2 votes
Bug #1609: Immigrant dwarves' skills often don't match their job settings

0 votes
Bug #4856: Immortal Dwarf (... Yet unconcious) [or any other creature]

new

Bug #1451: Military equipment interferes with civilian equipment (picks/axes/crossbows/quivers)

Bug #3732: Butchering a corpse yields only 1 skin, regardless of size

Bug #874: Dwarves refuse to butcher some corpses (buzzards in particular)

Bug #5232: Streams/brooks/rivers getting turned stagnant by nearby pools/ponds

Bug #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill

Bug #2780: Turtles went extinct on my map (applies to all aquatic vermin)

Bug #2922: Population Cap not working

Bug #5097:  Names overwriting text with TrueType

Bug #5595: Undead dwarf contracted were-chameleon curse (result in cloning any partial corpses which get infected)

Bug #4590: Elephant killed by three hoary marmots when elephant gives in to pain from nibbling, and then slowly bleeds to death over roughly 3 game years

Bug #5106: Slain bandits/companions respawn/duplicate in their original location

Bug #5611: Cities overwhelmingly build textile industry shops, almost never wood, stone, or metal-related shops

Bug #5263: Towns have no residents in spite of Legends listing population in thousands

Bug #5598: Town shops/cabinets contain human-sized clothes regardless of size of actual residents
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:19:29 am by Kogut »

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2012, 06:17:21 am »

Bug 66 is fixed, Tax Collector is out of the game for now.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2012, 06:37:33 am »

Bug 66 is fixed, Tax Collector is out of the game for now.
OK, moved to fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11