Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Sky Hobo: Master of Disguise  (Read 9270 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: SKY HOBO
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2011, 06:29:19 pm »

Teach them to make powerful explosives.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2011, 11:19:41 pm »

"Alright. Anyway, now you're going to help me rob a bank."

"What? Why?"

"Because we need money for the plan. Did you think I could just make hobo explosives from things off the street?"

"From the name, I kind of would expect so."

"Well I can't. Hobo explosives are very expensive. That's why we hobos are so poor."

"I'm almost absolutely certain that's not true."

"Regardless, the plan involves robbing a bank."

And so you rob a bank near the center of town. The plan goes reasonably well: the performers confuse the fuck out of everyone by performing a mime show dressed as cats. You put people at ease by appearing as the no-nonsense guard Johann Nussbaum. You ask the teller to fill a sack with cash, complies, and walk on out of there. Then another guard notices you.

You try get by him, saying you need this money to get your daughter back from a mob boss. He says he understands, these things happen, but he still has to take you in. You give him a swift kick to the balls and haul ass. Johann Nussbaum is now a wanted man.

Once you know you're alone you duck into an alley to change back into your hobo clothes, then you go find your compatriots. You tell them the job is done, and ask them if they have a place where you can crash for a while. They say they have a place above a theater on Cook Street, which is a bit north of the Leaky Pigeon. You spend the next month making powerful explosives and Molotov cocktails. There's no shortage of whiners complaining about potential fire hazards, but, luckily, you have no shortage of punches to the gut to give.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 12:06:52 am »

Throw a molotov at the bar. Then run like fuck.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2011, 03:55:27 am »

Buy out the whole block where the theatre is under the name of Arnold Smith. Make sure to make up that identity as well.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 06:12:50 pm »

I'd like to make a request that from now on, suggestions should include some sort of reason for doing an action, especially if it's something dangerous or risky. And if it's part of the Master Plan to destroy the city, it would help if you included how it's involved. The Plan isn't set in stone, and it doesn't actually have to involve blowing up the city or even destroying it physically (though it does need to be catastrophically ruined in some sense); that's just what the performers think because no one gave me any reason why they would want to join up with us.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 06:14:33 pm »

Fine. Were burning the bar because it'll most likely start a riot.

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 06:18:32 pm »

Buy out the whole block where the theatre is under the name of Arnold Smith. Make sure to make up that identity as well.

We're doing this to get closer to the rulers of the city. By becoming rich, fame will follow. We can't risk our actual identity, so we make another one.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Sky Hobo: Man of Three Faces
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 09:57:19 pm »

Over the next few months, you become a real estate mogul. You create the persona of Arnold Smith, a wealthy gentleman never seen without his beloved Scottish terrier. You buy up all the properties on Cook Street and use the profits from your exorbitant rental prices to buy up the nearby Baker Street, then use the combined profits from that and Cook Street to buy the nearby Butcher Street. Upon obtaining ownership of all three streets, you have finally qualified for the city's bizarre prerequisite for building a hotel, which you dub the Plaza del Arnold.

Your hotel soon becomes the toast of the town, and Arnold Smith becomes an instant celebrity. You're so beloved that, when a beauty contest is held in the Plaza del Arnold, you win second place, even though you never entered! All the big movers and shakers in town can be seen in your hotel on weeknights.

Suddenly, tragedy strikes Zeppelin City! One day a masked hooligan (you, as Sky Hobo) throws some Molotov cocktails into the Leaky Pigeon, setting it ablaze. Panic ensues and riots break out, enveloping the city. The aftermath of the riots and the fire is widespread property damage in the east side of town. Fortunately, Arnold Smith offers to cover the cost of the damages. The Zeppelin City Council is so grateful, they make you their treasurer.

Spoiler: Assets of Arnold Smith (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sky Hobo's Assets (click to show/hide)
Glory to Arstotzka!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 10:14:55 pm »

Good...

As Hobo: Go to the poorest part of the city and lecture them on the evils of society. Do this for a few months. (To help create us some more SKY HOBOS)
As Arnold: Host a play about an evil ruler of a mystical city and his downfall by the people. Put in a lot of subtle propaganda. (To carefully point the opinions of the rich and powerful towards the way we want it to)
As Johann: Make an appearance at the richer part of town. Rush into a mansion and just do crazy stuff. (Just so that the media have something else to write about instead of snooping on Hobo or Arnold)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:19:20 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2011, 12:07:33 am »

I approve of those proposals. The only downside is that when Arnold gets elected Mayor/Emperor, he and Sky Hobo might disagree about that whole ruining the city thing. But that's not really a downside. ;)

Also,
Upon obtaining ownership of all three streets, you have finally qualified for the city's bizarre prerequisite for building a hotel, which you dub the Plaza del Arnold.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011, 12:54:08 am »

> Invest your funds in making a reputed fictional painter, hiring two people to do the fictional painter's art. This is so you can have some kind of fall back, in case your cash runs out.

> Throw a Molotov at the local library. Books are good for dulling the artistic mind, or so says your annoying inner voice. Plus, it means that less books = more success for the fictional painter.

> Teach your henchmen INCREDIBLY POWERFUL HOBO JIU-JITSU, so they can defend themselves should danger arise.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2011, 03:20:42 am »

Over the next month you go about accomplishing tasks as your various personas.

As Sky Hobo, you seek out the poor and destitute and teach them to be sky hobos. Along with lecturing to them about the evils of the world, you also show them how to make their own hobo harpoon guns and set up a hobo dojo to teach them hobo jiu-jitsu.

As Arnold Smith, you produce a play that is a subtle yet biting satire about the city and it's rulers. You make reference to the city's ineffectual police force and point out how the Supreme Ruler's plans to scorch the earth may bite everyone in the ass in the long run. The first point is especially poignant given how many people have recently been sent to the hospital for harpoon stab wounds and blunt testicular trauma.

You invent a new persona, Javier Velez, an eccentric painter. As Arnold Smith, you generate hype about him among the rich and powerful, and eventually sponsor his debut. Oddly enough, Arnold can't actually make it to the debut, but Javier makes quite an impression on people. They are, in fact, most intrigued when he expresses his desire to burn down the library.

You consider bothering rich people as Johann to distract the media from the doings of your other personas, but you're not sure such an action really makes sense for that character, and you realize that you can just buy out all the media as Arnold Smith. You do so, and make sure that the papers downplay Sky Hobo's involvement in the increased menace of the homeless population and the seditious nature of Arnold's recent play.

Spoiler: Javier Velez (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assets of Arnold Smith (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sky Hobo's Assets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:22:37 am by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2011, 05:04:32 am »

> Make a journalist persona, a plumber persona, an Zeppelin designer/sky architect persona, and a Zeppelin maintenance engineer persona.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2011, 05:21:20 am »

> Make a journalist persona, a plumber persona, an Zeppelin designer/sky architect persona, and a Zeppelin maintenance engineer persona.

Don't forget the shady human rights activist persona, who likes to burn secular and seditious material, and uphold free will, of course.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2011, 05:30:39 am »

You know what? Sooner or later all these different personas will drive SKY HOBO mad. Or get caught at the very least.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5