Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Seek the Grail!  (Read 50301 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 42: He Is Also Inexplicably Lucky!
« Reply #330 on: November 25, 2011, 05:24:36 am »

Keardwall poked his head over the newly-created hole in the floor, stony features set in concern and mild surprise as he called,
"Ethlehead my friend! Are ye alright? What in blazes did ye land on?!" A few small pebbles clattered down to punctuate his words.
He'll remain up top, looking about for a safer, and slightly less deadly (and damaging to his jars) path down there.

I love that Gertad is like, the longest-lived retainer, and that mainly because I sent him away early on. :P And I'd be glad to keep going, this is a terrific RtD! Plenty of Knightly things we could do, really. Perhaps liberating some Holy text or other from a rival kingdom, or perhaps a land across the sea? But of course, it's up to you. :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 05:27:35 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 25, 2011, 05:51:43 am »

I love that Gertad is like, the longest-lived retainer, and that mainly because I sent him away early on. :P 

Yes, he's going to come back soon...

And I'd be glad to keep going, this is a terrific RtD! Plenty of Knightly things we could do, really. Perhaps liberating some Holy text or other from a rival kingdom, or perhaps a land across the sea? But of course, it's up to you. :)

Yes, at the moment I am leaning towards carrying on. If anyone has any ideas for typical quests and in particular typical quest items and foes, or foes you would like to see, please feel free to contribute via posting or PMing.

(also, if we carry on, I can learn to get over my PC death-guilt! through practice!)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 25, 2011, 06:02:13 am »

Baedocàf, (still) being the scholarly type carefully makes his way down to the inscription. He stares at it for some time, as a frown grows darker and darker on his face.

"Curse my strictly Saxon ancestry!" He yelled, banging his fist on the inscription. "And damn the Welsh for making up such a silly language (obviously just a scipher to mess with us Anglic types). This is impossible to read! There's not even any vowels! Alas, if only Godewyne was here!" The rotund knight kneels in front of the scripture, praying to the Lord. Surely he would need His Divine Inspiration to break this infernal code!
Love, scriver~

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 25, 2011, 08:40:41 am »

More quests, please! Perhaps the kingdom has run out of coconuts?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 25, 2011, 09:10:24 am »

Perhaps the kingdom has run out of coconuts?

Oh, blimey. Excellent idea.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 25, 2011, 09:32:37 am »

Yes, more quests indeed!

Sir Feyman was flabbergasted. "A trap floor? Here? It is like a trap door, but dirtier! Holding on, Sir Ethlehedehed, I'm coming for you!" And so Sir Feyman followed the others down to the dark pit.

EDIT: Wait, for a quest I say we venture for Excalibur, then fight over who gets to hold it like sissies.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 09:38:15 am by freeformschooler »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 25, 2011, 01:36:57 pm »

Perhaps, since the beginning of the end for King Arthur was when Morgana Le Fay stole Excalibur's scabbard and threw it into a river or something, we could head out in search of that?
Perhaps with some enchanted way of breathing underwater, or of course we might have to find that first! ...Or some anachronistic diving gear? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 25, 2011, 04:04:08 pm »

Yes, more quests indeed!

EDIT: Wait, for a quest I say we venture for Excalibur, then fight over who gets to hold it like sissies.

I guess you could take turns. Anyway, more quests it will be then! I have a couple of ideas.

Perhaps with some enchanted way of breathing underwater, or of course we might have to find that first! ...Or some anachronistic diving gear? :P

Yeah... enchanted underwater breathing doesn't sound very realistic to me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ooh, I'll try to get the turn done over the weekend, which reminds me  - all this talk about further quests... half of you will be bitten to death by the time it matters!!!1

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 25, 2011, 04:09:45 pm »

I have a couple of ideas.

Does anyone of them include Norwegians, vikings or steampunk ninjas mayhaps? ;D
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 25, 2011, 05:21:17 pm »

I have a couple of ideas.

Does anyone of them include Norwegians, vikings or steampunk ninjas mayhaps? ;D

Oh gosh no, I'm saving them for when I can type enough to run two rtds again ;)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 43: A vision.
« Reply #340 on: November 27, 2011, 08:54:50 am »

Forty third turn!

England; the Dark Ages; half past Tuesday; deep within the Cave of Caerbannog.

“Oh blast. John? Is that you John? Oh bother. Sorry. I er… SHIT! What’s happened to my bloody nose?! Ooh, what’s this? Oh, I say. Chaps? Chaps? I appear to have found the location of the Holy Grail!”

Keardwall pokes his head over the newly-created hole in the floor, stony features set in concern and mild surprise as he blasts out a reply. Dust and debris, shaken loose by his bellowing and manly voice, clatter down below as he leans.

"Ethlehead my friend! Are ye alright? What in blazes did ye land on?!"

“I er… I seem to have landed on my fool. Do you know any Welsh?”

…         …         …         …         …         …

Above, Sir Feyman looks flabbergasted.

"A trap floor? Here? It is like a trap door, but dirtier! Holding on, Sir Ethlehedehed, I'm coming for you!" he shouts, as he jumps straight through the hole in the floor [1].

"Oh bloody hell," he continues, a second later, "I seem to have smashed my nose!"

Wound Acquired: Smashed nose!

Another second later another blast of profanity flies upwards through the dark hole as Crannock joins him.

"Sorry sire... I... er..."

Wound Acquired: Smashed face!

...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...

Keardwall, mindful of his jars, searches about the cavern for a safer and less direct route down to Sir Ethlehed [3], and after a few minutes finds his two companions, Beadocàf following carefully behind. The knights gather round the evidently Holy Inscription carved upon the very living rock of the cave wall itself. Beadocàf peers over the edge of his glasses, leaning forwards in the gloom, a darkening frown spreading across his scholarly features.

"Curse my strictly Saxon ancestry!" he yells, as he reaches the end of his patience, banging his fist on the inscription and knocking cracks into it. "And damn the Welsh for making up such a silly language. This is impossible to read! There's not even any vowels! Alas, if only Godewyne was here! Damn the Welsh, damn the lovely women, and damn the bloody French! I believe we will need the intervention of Our Lord to break this infernal and silly code. Omnius patrium asperges et ovium...”

Beadocàf trails off into silence as he kneels and prays with great intensity.

Suddenly a great light appears in the sky! It seems as if the clouds part! The face of Beadocàf strains as if in deepest constipation! A choir seems to sing, and suddenly the Holy Inscription cracks into pieces and falls from the wall. In its place a map draws itself out of the thin air and of the minerals of the rock: a map towards the Grail! Beadocàf's eyes glaze over, and he falls to the floor.

…   …   …   …   …   …

A few minutes pass between Beadocàf's sitting upright and his being able to coherently talk, but talk he does. In English! Praise be!

“Sirs... I was in deepest concentration, and the Lord did speak unto me! He revealed to me the location of the Grail, and He has drawn it upon the very rock itself! We must exit the cave, and take the next left, whereupon we shall find the Bridge of Death. We must use the Bridge of Death to cross the Gorge of Eternal Peril, which is of a nameless and unmeasurable depth! Once across the Gorge of Eternal Peril, we must walk to the Lake of L'Homard, and there, in the centre of the Lake, lies an Isle: the Isle of L'Homard. And there, in the centre of the Isle, there lies a castle: Castle L'Homard. And there! In the centre of the castle! There lies... the Grail!”

“Ah...”
remarks Keardwall, “Castle L'Homard, not Lombard! Bugger. I see.”

“Er...” more bravely remarks Ethelhed, “the Bridge of Death?” 

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 43: A vision.
« Reply #341 on: November 27, 2011, 09:05:59 am »

"With face and nose smashed in, I have nothing to fear! Onwards towards the Bridge of Death, my companions!" And with that, Sir Feyman patted Beatacalf on the back and strutted off.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 27, 2011, 09:51:23 am »

Keardwall shall trudge along with the others, occasionally muttering something under his breath, along the lines of "Bloody hell, who names these places... It's either some foreign-sounding nonsense or something involving Death or Doom or Peril... Pfah!"
As he hops along, he shall keep a hopeful eye out for any age-old, long-forgotten artefact weapons that might happen to be lying about in the cave. Or any servicable blades belonging to the Beast's past victims, of course!
Booze is Life for Yoink

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 27, 2011, 11:12:59 am »

"Come, mine friends! As God has shown me the way, I will show it to you"
Love, scriver~

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2011, 02:12:51 pm »

"Onwards, comrades! Glory or Death! Although, I do say that the first option sounds more enticing! IN NOMINE DEI!"
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33