Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Seek the Grail!  (Read 50309 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 38: The Mighty Herring!
« Reply #300 on: November 18, 2011, 08:26:17 am »

Sir Feyman warily attempts to avoid the rabbit as he follows Sir Conchobar!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:38:30 am by freeformschooler »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 18, 2011, 09:04:20 am »

"I say, Sir Conchobar! How far do ye think you could kick that thing? I bet you a [insert currency here] I could punt it further than you!"
Sir Keardwall shall idly suggest a rabbit-punting contest to Sir Conchobar as he heads onwards with the others.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 18, 2011, 09:37:20 am »

"I agree. We shall see who is truly the best at rabbit punting!"

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2011, 10:09:02 am »

Please let there be lots of death so that we on the waiting list can do some holy quests.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 18, 2011, 10:18:31 am »

"Now! There shall be no ungodly Punting of the Lord's Critters from you, 'lest I be forced to recite from mine Lord's Litany of Curses upon ye! The only thing that shallt be Punted is yonder Round Rock it to the Rabbit's Head, so that I can cook it for dinner, for I have not eaten in several long amounts of time, and the much sorrow that has befallen me has made my stomach rumbly! I declare that we shall compete in who among us can punt the rock into the rabbit instead. DEUS VULT!"

Beadocáf goes forth to the rock and punts it in the rabbit-head's general direction.

Man do I wish Godewine was still around now. Every monk comes equipped with a Holy Hand Grenade in it's starting inventory, you know. It's the only way to get those.
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 18, 2011, 10:23:52 am »

Please let there be lots of death so that we on the waiting list can do some holy quests.

It's only a bloody rabbit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 18, 2011, 10:27:16 am »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 39: It's Only a Bloody Rabbit!
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2011, 07:12:33 am »

Thirty Ninth turn!

England; the Dark Ages; the Mouth of the Cave of Caerbannog.

As Beadocáf mourns, the others begin to brave the cave. Conchobar heads down, light heartedly chuckling to himself about something or other, with Feyman more warily following behind. Sir Keardwall shouts down from above.

"I say, Sir Conchobar! How far do ye think you could kick that thing? I bet you a gold euroshilling I could punt it further than you!"

Conchobar turns, a touching smile spreading across his foul and grimacing features.

“I agree. We shall see who is truly the best at rabbit punting! We shall have us some sport this day!”

The jesting shouts of the pair bring Beadocáf out of his teary daydream in a jump of horror.

"No! There shall be no ungodly Punting of the Lord's Critters from you, 'lest I be forced to recite from mine Lord's Litany of Curses upon ye! The only thing that shallt be Punted is yonder Round Rock to the Rabbit's Head, so that I can cook it for dinner, for I have not eaten in several long amounts of time, and the much sorrow that has befallen me has made my stomach rumbly! I declare that we shall compete in who among us can punt the rock into the rabbit instead. DEUS VULT!"

“Pffah!” cries back Keardwall, ignoring the learned knight’s ridiculous suggestion [1], “A rock? How do you propose we cook a bloody rock? Come on Conchobar, let’s up and at ‘im!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Sheathing their sword and man-weapon respectively, Keardwall and Conchobar sprint down the rocky cave face towards the rabbit like joyous brothers. Or, rather, Conchobar sprints down, and Keardwall hops energetically after him! He catches up! He overtakes! Keardwall is fully fifteen feet in front of the two-legged monstrosity, and bears down upon the Beast of Caerbannog! He takes a swing with his single foot! He falls flat on his back [2]!

The cunning fiend realises the injured man poses no mortal threat to him: the rabbit bounds forwards with its fearsomely strong back legs. It leaps straight over Sir Keardwall! Conchobar thunders towards the rabbit! The rabbit leaps directly at his throat!

Sir Conchobar manages to raise his arm in front of him just in time. The rabbit bites it off!

Wound Acquired: Right arm bitten off!

Feyman sees his friend suffer this grievous wound, and speeds his descent into the cave mouth. He draws his sword with his one good arm, and charges at the beast!

The rabbit charges back! It charges viciously up the slope of the cave mouth towards Feyman: Feyman manages to control his bowels! ‘Tis a small victory, but a victory nonetheless! Bravely and expertly waving his sword from side to side in front of him in a blind panic, Feyman somehow keeps the Beast of Caerbannog at bay as it leaps up and down, striving to lick out the poor knight’s eyeballs.

…   …   …   …   …   …

“Dear God,” exclaims Beadocáf, above, “The vengeance of God is wrought upon us! We have not been pure enough upon His Quest! We must use the rock! Brothers! WE MUST PUNT THE ROCK!”

He reaches down to pick up yon round rock: it is a large and deadly looking thing [4]!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Back in the midst of the violent melee below, Keardwall is attempting to get back on his feet just as the Beast of Caerbannog bounds viciously down the cave mouth towards him, an evil glint in his beady eyes. Keardwall raises his sword above his head! The rabbit flies towards his face! Keardwall raises his Jar of Leg before him!  A large and deadly rock doth strike him upon the head! He is knocked down!

“Bugger,” mutters Beadocáf to himself, above [1].

Once more the rabbit sees Keardwall fall before him at the mere terrifying sight of the teeth filled bundle of fur: he turns about in midair! He lunges at the most gruesome Sir Conchobar! Sir Conchobar wields his man-weapon one handed at the rabbit’s face: he strikes him into the air!

But alas; in the air the Beast of Caerbannog is in his element, and he glides with grace and force directly back towards Sir Conchobar. Time slows as he glides silently towards the horrified Conchobar’s throat! Not a sound is to be heard! Outside of this horrible yet irresistible ballet of death not a movement can be discerned! Conchobar drops his man-weapon and raises his single arm in desperate self-defence. A piercing and terrifying scream of vengeful rabbit shatters the silence: it ends only when the Beast of Caerbannog descends upon Conchobar, knocking him brutally to the ground. The Beast of Caerbannog bites off Sir Conchobar’s throat! The rabbit rips apart his ribs! He licks his liver! He nibbles his nerves! He breaks his bronchi! He savages his face! None can tell!

Sir Conchobar the Miraculously Gruesome, Potless Insulter of Mothers and Piercer of the Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh, Splitter of the Left Head of the Dreaded Three-Headed Knight of the Wood of Doom, Wetter of Pants is horrifically struck down by the Beast of Caerbannog!

Title Acquired! Sir Conchobar the Deceased Yet Miraculously Gruesome, Potless Insulter of Mothers and Piercer of the Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh, Splitter of the Left Head of the Dreaded Three-Headed Knight of the Wood of Doom, Wetter of Pants!

“Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!” wails Kenneth, “I hath failed in my dutie!”

The feasting rabbit leaps towards Kenneth! He tears off his legs!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 39: It's Only a Bloody Rabbit!
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2011, 08:13:19 am »

Keardwall is shocked into speechlessness for a moment by the sight of the gruesome death of the gruesome knight, (or perhaps that's mild concussion, courtesy of Sir Beatacalf?) before letting loose a shout of fury: "Conchobar! No!"
Grimacing at his foolish attempt to kick a rabbit with one foot in the first place, he uses his knightly abdominals to get to his feet and draw his sword, bellowing angrily as he seeks bloody vengeance for the cruelly slain Sir Conchobar!
"Have at thee, foul rodent! I shall make ye regret the day thy mother twitched her nose at thy father! Your fluffy round tail shall decorate my banner as ye burn in Hell for all eternity! God give me strength to slay this beast!"
Red-faced and filled with Holy Fury, Keardwall will rain his righteous sword-blows down upon the unassuming beast, muttering his forgiveness to Sir Conchobar's shade should he strike the latter's mortal remains in the process.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2011, 08:59:22 am »

"Conchobar! Ad perpetuam memoriam!

While the rabbit is still stuck in slow-motion, leap dramatically through the air to Conchobar's hideous corpse, grab the The Holy Crossbow of Beersheba from it and point it at that critter most foule. "Let me be thine vessel of vengeance for this Thine Knighte, my Lord of Heavens! And let his spirit guide me as I let fly this Bolte of Redemptious Justice upon yonder Nemesis! Mortui vivos docent!"
Fire at the pesky little rodent.
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 21, 2011, 09:01:30 am »

I think the only way I can get over how terrible I feel when a PC dies is to practice more :(

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 21, 2011, 09:52:21 am »

Sir Feyman lets out a dramatic "NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", with a lowered pitch due to slow motion! Sir Feyman will never forgive himself, even though this was not his fault. Sir Conchobar had been a merry faithful companion!

"I shall avenge ye, Conchobar! Fiddles, join me in battle! Crannock, sing me a war song!" And with this, Feyman joins the combined assault on the terrible beast. He runs and swings his mighty sword at the rabbit-monster's head!

I think the only way I can get over how terrible I feel when a PC dies is to practice more :(

Don't worry, eventually you will be an evil game master, gleefully giggling as players shed one single manly/womanly tear each for their lost character!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 21, 2011, 11:05:46 am »

LOOK AT THE BONES!!!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 40: Bloody Hell!
« Reply #313 on: November 21, 2011, 05:22:04 pm »

Fortieth turn!

England; the Dark Ages; Tuesday; the Cave of Caerbannog.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” cries Sir Feyman the Judging, in a dramatically low pitch! “I will never forgive mysellllllllllllllllllllllllllf!” Flashes of Conchobar’s faithful merriness pass by in his mind as he watches aghast as Sir Beadocáf acrobatically leaps through the air to the late knight’s hideous and hideously mutilated corpse, hand outstretched to grab the Holy Crossbow of Beersheba, Renowned Slayer of the Green Dragon from its resting place on Sir Conchobar’s disgusting back.

"Conchobar! Ad perpetuam memoriam!” he cries, in slow motion, "Let me be thine vessel of vengeance for this Thine Knighte, my Lord of Heavens! And let his spirit guide me when I let fly yon Bolte of Redemptious Justice upon yonder Nemesis! Mortui vivos doce-arggggg!"

Sir Beadocáf’s outstretched hand flies into the gaping maw of the Beast of Caerbannog [1]! The jaws fly shut! The hand is severed! The rabbit swallows it whole!

Wound Acquired: Right hand bitten off by a rabbit!

…         …         …         …         …         …

Sir Keardwall seems to stand shocked into speechlessness for a moment by the sight of the gruesome death of the gruesome knight until suddenly time and vocal pitch both seem to regain a semblance of normality.

"Conchobar! No! What was I thinking? A one-legged manne cannot do sych a thinge as kicke! Blast my foolish exuberance! Have at thee, foul rodent! I shall make ye regret the day thy mother twitched her nose at thy father, if ‘ee was not a ‘amster! Your fluffy round tail shall decorate my banner as ye burn in Hell for all eternity! God give me strength to slay this beast!"

Suddenly the red-faced Keardwall, inspired by Holy Fury, joins Sir Feyman and Fiddles the man-club in righteous and violent assault upon the evil doombunny. The rabbit-monster, sated on a diet of half a man and another’s fist, is slovenly and slow to react! Or so it seems!  First Keardwall rains blow after blow down upon the beast with his great broadsword: but the rabbit raises a might paw to parry them away! He eats Sir Keardwall’s sword with one evil bite!

Item Lost: Broadsword!

Sir Feyman then encourages Sir Conchobar’s faithful Fiddles, his man-weapon, to avenge himself upon the evil rabbit, but he knows not how to fight! He attempts to smash the rabbit in twain by the method of falling straight upon him! The rabbit doth dodge!

Feyman is next in line to bring his God-Guided sword down upon the heathenly beast. 

"Come on, Crannock! Strike up a merry tune that we slay this heathenly beast!"

Oh God, oh no, what a terrible blow,
To see Sir Conchobar sent down below,
We shall not dwell: he was sent to Hell,
His face did look like it was squashed by a bell,
A terrible creature foul and Fell,
But he was OUR Brave Conchobar!

We'll smite the rabbit, we'll smite the beast!
We'll turn him into a lovely feast,
A pate, a soup, a paste, a broth,
We'll make that terrible fiend feel our wrath,
And avenge our Poor Conchobar!

Sometimes ones companions one can't pick,
And sometimes their faces make you physically sick,
But Conchobar he slew the Black Beast,
In bravery he was far from the least,
He split the Head in the Wood of Doom,
And now with battle we'll cheer our gloom,
We'll drink a barrel at the nearest bar,
After slaying this rabbit for old Conchobar,
Feyman kill kill KILL for Conchobaaaar!

Feyman strikes the rabbit once! He strikes it twice! He doth crush its skull with the flat of his blade! Sir Feyman loses all sense of restraint, tormented as his mind is by the woe of loss! “For Conchobaaaar!” he shouts as the Beast of Caerbannog is beaten to smithereens in righteous anger! A paste of rabbit is formed upon the very rock itself! A fine mist of blood fills the air as fluffy bunny fur rains down from the skies above them!

Sir Conchobar’s mortal remains are vandalised beyond all recognition in the brutal scene that accompanies the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog’s horrific yet righteous death [6]!

Title Acquired: Sir Feyman the Judging, Slayer of the Black Knight, Soiler of Underwear and Fiendish Smasher of the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog!

…         …         …         …         …         …

The three remaining knights take a moment to reflect: Keardwall takes a few deep breaths.

“Shit, Feyman,” he blurts out, “Bloody hell.”

“Bloody hell,”
Feyman replies, wiping rabbit blood off his face, “Shit.”

“Fu-argggggg”
joins in Beadocáf, wiping some of Sir Conchobar's liver out of his eye, “That bloody rabbit bit my bloody hand off! The little shi- ooh, what’s that sound?”

In the distance, deeper down into the Cave of Caerbannog, comes a gentle cry of distress.

“Help! Help!”

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 40: Bloody Hell!
« Reply #314 on: November 21, 2011, 10:30:30 pm »

Feyman follows the distress call in the case that it is a fair damsel. "Venture onward with me, boys, for my last fair damsel desired for me to spank her! And you all know how well that turned out."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33