Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Seek the Grail!  (Read 50260 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn One: The Black Knight!
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 08:47:48 am »

Challenge the black knight ... to a DRINKING contest

also, what does my handler do, I just wanted to have a falcon
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:49:43 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 08:51:58 am »

Challenge the black knight to his game of choice - swordplay.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 08:59:11 am »

also, what does my handler do, I just wanted to have a falcon

Well, I guess he carries your falcon. He doesn't have to do anything, although in appropriate situations you can post for him to do something. He may give you a bonus in certain situations, he may also die. He is partly there for you to have some form of customisation, but I think their use will become more apparent as the game goes on.

For example, someone might say,
Calling upon his trusty Coconut Porter Patsy, Sir Alex fled the dragon with great haste.
and then I might think - aha! a speed bonus. For example.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 10:41:38 am »

Here is mine Script Characterum nowe.

Name: Sir Beadocáf Aethlearne the Rotund
Bio: A large man, both tall and wide, with long reddish hair and beard. As the shape of his body might give away, Beadocáf enjoys a good meal. And a good drink. And anything feast-related, really. Despite this affection, Beadocáf is also a rather pious man, spending a lot of his money on building churches on his land, and prefers to spare his fighting skills for when God calls upon them. His colours are red and gold, and his crest is an eagle carrying a cross. His weapon of choice is a long-shafted, knobbed mace, inscribed with the words Nutu Dei. Sometimes also called the Boar, or possible the Bore, Beadocáf is never quite sure which one people mean by it.
Retinue Member: Godewine of Norwhyiche, an old friend and monk scholar witnessing his quest for chronicling purposes.
Chivalry: 1
Love, scriver~

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 11:55:54 am »

In hopes of ever getting from the waiting list to the active list:

Name:

Sir Uriel Ultim The Entirely Lacking in Depth Perception
Bio:
A knight to be reckoned with. He has a trusty steed which isn't as trusted as it should be, a shiny armor which often gets soiled in combat, a great shield wich is dent bent and sligtly curled, a sparkling balde which is often ridiculed for it's sparkles.
Then there is Goofus Ridiculus, a Jester of sorts whom he can't get rid of, even tried to impale this PUNny little man with the sparkling blade, Unfortunaly he got better.
Did I mention Uriel entirely lacks depth perception?
Retinue Member:
Goofus Ridiculus, a Jester whom was originally hired to keep Uriel The Nearsighted in good mood with witty jokes and humor.
Too bad he only know horribly bad puns, and he just can't get rid of this guy no matter what he have tried.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:09:10 pm by Ultimuh »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 12:13:20 pm »

Oh, I think certain foes will activate the waitlist quite hard... Or even the limb replacement request list.

Dark Age science limits transportation tech to coconut shells for this quest though, sorry, no steeds yet. Although Dark Age medicine can possibly handle limb replacement. Hmm.

Now where's that Yoink fellow?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:41:27 pm by lawastooshort »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 01:49:29 pm »

(Hmm.. I fear nearsightedness isn't funny enough.. Would including no depth perception be overkill?)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 03:40:26 pm »

Questing is a serious business, so that's not a problem. Also, Sir Uriel Ultim The Entirely Lacking in Depth Perception?

I guess it's got a tremendously pleasing ring to it, but as the person who will have to type it most I can't really encourage that sort of thing.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 04:07:59 pm »

So you have said and so it will be is done.

You COULD give him a shortened nickname. One that truly lives up to the Monty Pythonesque premise this RTD promises.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:10:29 pm by Ultimuh »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 04:13:34 pm »

You COULD give him a shortened nickname. One that truly lives up to the Monty pythonesque premise this RTD promises.

Sir Uriel The Entirely Lacking? Anyway, the idea of having promise to live up to makes me feel quite pressured. I may flee to Brazil rather than continue. I'll certainly go and rewrite the next turn.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 04:15:57 pm »

You COULD give him a shortened nickname. One that truly lives up to the Monty pythonesque premise this RTD promises.

Sir Uriel The Entirely Lacking? Anyway, the idea of having promise to live up to makes me feel quite pressured. I may flee to Brazil rather than continue. I'll certainly go and rewrite the next turn.

edit: nevermind

reedit: Uhm.. we forgot to change this part:

Retinue Member:
Goofus Ridiculus, a Jester whom was originally hired to keep Uriel The Nearsighted in good mood with witty jokes and humor.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:19:44 pm by Ultimuh »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 04:22:18 pm »

Retinue Member:

Fixed that. Also, I'm tired. Did I miss something about the earlier part of the post that I should nevermind about?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 04:23:23 pm »

Retinue Member:

Fixed that. Also, I'm tired. Did I miss something about the earlier part of the post that I should nevermind about?

Yer all done. ^_^
Now, pick up that banana and charge at me!

edit: Or don't, I just feel I'm in a Monty Pythonish mood at the moment.  :P
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:25:12 pm by Ultimuh »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 04:35:24 pm »

Sorry, was asleep! The timezones, man, the timezones!

Sir Keardwall shall stride foward, his craggy features glaring at this miscreant, and support his brave companion Sir Feynard in his challenge.
Possibly giving a few entirely unhelpful tips and tricks regarding swordplay, since well, he knows no-one is as good with a blade as he!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 04:47:20 pm »

I will most definitely join this via the ever noble waiting list! I'll put up a character sheet soon now.

Name: Sir Theodore Hughes the Vigilant
Bio: When Sir Theodore was still but a young boy he was constantly tripping over things, finding new ways to blunder in to inanimate objects and generally being a nuisance to those around him. For this he was given the sarcastic nickname 'Vigilant', which unfortunately stuck after achieving knighthood. Despite his inability to walk a straight line while stone cold sober he is loyal and always willing to head in to danger in order to help his friends. He is proficient with the morning star and shield, and has a very large streak of romanticism in his blood. His colors are green and gold and his crest is a green stag in front of a golden tree on a black background.
Retinue Member: Fauntleroy the Squire. For some unknown reason this young boy was entrusted into Sir Theodore's care for training in the knightly way of chivalry. A young chap of approximately 14 years, he's a bit scrawny to be wielding that dagger, isn't he?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:09:15 pm by Theodolus »
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33