Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Seek the Grail!  (Read 50270 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn Six: Subterfuge and Insults!
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2011, 03:25:57 am »

Wait.. wasn't the minstrel dead?  ???

Bother, copied the wrong status spoilers. Thanks.

Edit: fixed. What an idiot.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2011, 05:47:21 am »

Challenge one of my companions to an arm wrestle while we wait for Sir Feyman to carry out his genius and fool proof plan.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2011, 06:51:42 am »

Let the doorkeeper take me to the doctouour's area. When I'm done there, convince him to let me take over his shift early! E's 'ad a long day, after all.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2011, 06:53:57 am »

Let the doorkeeper take me to the doctouour's area. When I'm done there, convince him to let me take over his shift early! E's 'ad a long day, after all.

Oh, he's going to make you take the next doorkeeping shift anyway, which will start at around the hour of the toad.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2011, 06:55:07 am »

Sir Keardwall, feeling a bit worn out after his vigorous assault on the door, shall simply stand and stare despondently at one of the castle's walls, trying to make it crumble in fear of his sheer stoniness. Any challenges of armwrestling shall be gratefully accepted, of course.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2011, 06:57:13 am »

Oh, he's going to make you take the next doorkeeping shift anyway, which will start at around the hour of the toad.

Oh, goodie. In that case:

Let the doorkeeper take me to 'e docteuour's off'ce, and ask when his shift is done. If it's not "now", then attempt to take a look around the area to see if I can get some insight on where the Grail might be.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2011, 08:27:53 am »

Meynard tells Maddy to send his falcon out hunting, maynard feels like killing something but his hangover prevents him looking for something to kill himself
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn Seven: The Grail!
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2011, 09:25:15 am »

Seventh turn!
England; the Dark Ages; Castle Lombard; between the hours of the eel and the toad.

Sir Keardwall, feeling a bit worn out after his vigorous assault on the door, shall simply stand and stare despondently at one of the castle's walls, trying to make it crumble in fear of his sheer stoniness. Any challenges of armwrestling shall be gratefully accepted, of course.

Sir Keardwall, requiring a short pause after his valiant but, alas, ultimately futile assault on Castle Lombard, stares despondently at the walls. Surprisingly enough, they remain erect, standing firm and defiant [4]. Worth a try, I suppose, he dejectedly thinks to himself. As he walks back from the walls his gruesome companion, Sir Conchobar, thinks fit to challenge him to an arm wrestle to idle away the time.

Challenge one of my companions to an arm wrestle while we wait for Sir Feyman to carry out his genius and fool proof plan.

Although Sir Keardwall is nearly too repulsed to answer the challenge [2], his stoniness nevertheless gives him a greater chance than lesser men might have had. He takes up the gauntlet, before taking off his gauntlet, and rolls up his sleeve. The two knights find a suitable rock upon which to lean their elbows, and, with Gertad Brownfoot and the sheathed Fiddles as an expectant audience, they commence their duel.

Sir Conchobar the Gruesome!
                           vs
Sir Keardwall the Stony, Defeater of Bandits!

The two brave men face each other across the expanse of the rock, hands tightly clasped together. The bell rings! They’re off!

On the left hand side Sir Conchobar the Gruesome makes an early move: he pushes with all his might! On the right, Sir Keardwall the Stony, Defeater of Bandits, counters with a hefty push! Conchobar strains! Keardwall bulges about the face! Sir Keardwall goes on the offensive: he stares stonily at Sir Conchobar as he attempts to crush down his arm! Barely holding out against the massed forces of Stonydom, Sir Conchobar the Gruesome flings his effort into one final push to resist his impending doom! His neck arteries pump! He grunts with superhuman force! He pushes Sir Keardwall the Stony’s arm to the rock! Triumphant, he rises, hands held aloft! There is much rejoicing!

Chivalry Increased! Arm Wrestling Triumph!

Meynard tells Maddy to send his falcon out hunting, Meynard feels like killing something but his hangover prevents him looking for something to kill himself

Meanwhile the furious Sir Meynard the Sure is in the mood for blood, but feels himself incapable of letting that blood himself. He summons his falcon handler to let loose his falcon! It flies away [1]!

In his rage and despair Sir Meynard barely notices that he no longer feels such a painful throbbing in his temples.

Let the doorkeeper take me to 'e docteuour's off'ce, and ask when his shift is done. If it's not "now", then attempt to take a look around the area to see if I can get some insight on where the Grail might be.

Inside the castle, Sir Feyman the Judging is led off to the docteur’s office, and after much inspection, and the application of a leach, the learned man of medicine gives his diagnosis [4]. It would appear that Sir Feyman is missing an arm.

But! Other than that he is well, and the doorsergeant-at-arms arrives to order him to report for duty at the door in half an hour. Meanwhile, why not visit the banqueting hall to refresh yourself?  But Sir Feyman judges that his time could be better spent: he decides to seek out the Grail, which is, after all, rumoured to abide in this very castle. He sneaks through corridors; he strides through halls; he climbs long and windy stairwells! After nigh on half an hour of the most fervent searching, the brave knight finds what he is searching for: the Grail Room.

It is locked.

Not ready to let this inconvenience lay waste to his heroic scheme, Sir Feyman takes a mighty run up, and shoulder barges the door with all his force. He smashes it down like a puny dragon before the strength of an English Knight! He runs right through! He runs through so forcefully, indeed, that he tumbles across the Grail Room, skidding across the cold stone floor, and smashes straight into the Grail which rests upon a table before the corner window-opening, on display for all to see.

The Grail is knocked out: it smashes upon the ground some forty feet below [1].

Very shortly after, in response to the awful noises, several men-at-arms rush up the tower to the Grail Room to investigate. They are led by the doorsergeant-at-arms.

“Ah! Le treacherie! What is this! Ah let you into my lord’s castle and you repay me by destroying our replica of the Grail? Have at thee, scoundrel!” He draws his sword.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:29:22 am by lawastooshort »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2011, 09:31:26 am »

Sir Keardwall had returned to his place before the walls after losing at an arm wrestling match. He had been distracted, of course, by his opponents sheer ugliness...
So he was standing there when he heard something fall from above.
"Hark! The cowardly wretches in the castle are throwing things at us!" He bellows, drawing his sword. Then he notices what it is, and his eyes bug with rage. "The Grail! The bastards have thrown the Grail at us, the ultimate act of vile treachery!" He charges roaring at the doors again, this time not taking 'no' for an answer. "They have defiled a Holy relic! They shall all be killed!"

Jeez Feyman, you better hope we don't find out what happened! :P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:34:50 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2011, 09:46:39 am »

Pulsing with adrenaline from his victory, Sir Conchobar roars with fury at the mistreatment of the Grail. He charges the door in sync with Sir Keardwall.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2011, 09:57:56 am »

At least it was only a replica.

Run to a different part of the castle and hide somewhere! While I'm there, find something to inconspicuously dress up in. A...

...DISGUISE.

EDIT: FANART!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can do the other two later.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:35:16 am by freeformschooler »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2011, 11:39:55 am »

Please don't draw sir Conchobar without a helmet or a censor, we might die.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2011, 11:41:11 am »

I might draw him like this.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2011, 12:16:52 pm »

I might draw him like this.

Server not found?  ???

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2011, 12:30:17 pm »

You don't want to see it anyway. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33