Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: Roll to Seek the Grail!  (Read 50241 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 60: Smithereens!
« Reply #450 on: January 05, 2012, 09:40:45 am »

We are not great at this.
Love, scriver~

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 05, 2012, 09:47:37 am »

Oh, but we are great at providing entertainment.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 05, 2012, 11:46:43 am »

Death by falling eh?
Well that would only be expected.
Should my status not be updated?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 05, 2012, 11:49:14 am »

Death by falling eh?

No! You live! 'Tis the lobster victim who died!

Quote from: me
But forsooth! He manages to recover his balance

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 05, 2012, 11:51:08 am »

Death by falling eh?

No! You live! 'Tis the lobster victim who died!

Quote from: me
But forsooth! He manages to recover his balance

Well in that case..

Sir Uriel The Mad succumbs to complete and utterly crazed madness.
(The Dorfy way, with a pinch of The Joker and a dash of Kefka Pallazio.
oh and let's not forget a whole dose of Gollum.)
He MUST retrieve the grail! It's his alone to have!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:56:06 am by Ultimuh »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 05, 2012, 11:52:54 am »

Sir Feyman knew what must be done. "You have all done well, my compatriots! But alas, with the loss of Sir Ethelehed, I am now the most chivalrous among us."

He grabbed the Holy Grail with a careful touch. "Don't all ye knights believe it is proper for I to carry and deliver the grail?"

Of course, Sir Feyman was merely worried that his comrades might break the thing upon so much as touching it. He stroked the Grail gently, eyes filled with equal parts awe and disbelief.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 06, 2012, 04:05:18 am »

"Naiy!" Cries Baedocáf, his voice breaking into a higher pitch. "I am the most holiest among us! It is to be my honour to carry the Grail and deliver it unto our King! DEUS VULT!"

If Sir Feyman refuses to handle it over, charge! To much has been lost, and too much is to gain, for it to be any other way!
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 61: The Holy Grail.
« Reply #457 on: January 06, 2012, 08:22:29 am »

Sixty First turn!

England; the Dark Ages; Thursday, nearly time for coffee; Keep of the Chateau de L’Homard, Site of the Holy Grail of Christ.

"You have all done well, my compatriots!” announces Sir Feyman, “But alas, with the loss of Sir Ethelethelethelethelehed, I am now the most chivalrous among us! Crannock, compose a song to celebrate my most glorious victory!"

…   …   …   …   …   …

Oh we oh we oh – the knights they, the knights they, the knights they, are knights!!

Noble and important knights!
Original chief minstrel singing in yon castle keep;
I shall sing until ye weep!
And I sing thus:

“Hold on a minute Crannock,”
interrupts Feyman, “I wasn’t quite finished. Here, fellow questers! Don't all ye knights believe it is proper for I to carry and deliver the grail? For the Glory of England and the Grace of God? Yes? Good. Right. Now, carry on, Crannock."

…   …   …   …   …   …

He wants his hands on the Grail!
Come on move aside please,
Hands on the Grail!
He wants his hands on the Grail!
Come on move aside now,
Hands on the Grail!

…   …   …   …   …   …

With a worried look, Sir Feyman carefully but determinedly grabs the Holy Grail from its Holy Altar, his eyes widened with awe and disbelief.

He cradles it gently in his arms! He begins to stroke it with reverence and respect! A Holy Aura of light and warmth appears to fill the room! The sound of angels seems to waft across the castle keep!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Suddenly, the magical and most Holy Scene is shattered.

“Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha! Mine! ‘Tis all mine! My Holiesssst!!”

Sir Uriel Ultim looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!

Sir Uriel Ultim is taken by a fell mood!

He charges manically towards Sir Feyman! He is wielding a masterwork backpack! He swings at Feyman. Feyman ducks! Feyman gently places the Grail back upon the Altar, wincing in spiritual pain as the light and warmth seem to recede, and the pleasant sound of angelic harmonies is replaced by the sound of Crannock singing once again.

…   …   …   …   …   ...

He’s got to put the Grail down,
Feelings are high, usurpers all around;
You say your name is Uriel:
Well Feyman’s going to send you to Hell!
Crazy on the left, legless on the right,
Feyman will fight you all through the night;
Do the right thing, dingalingaling,
I’m sure you’d like to hear me sing!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Sir Feyman draws his Headless Flower Troll Corpse. Sir Uriel lifts his backpack over his head! He swipes down with a massive and brutal blow that Feyman barely manages to parry. Sir Uriel seems possessed by a vicious and demonic strength! He cackles hideously to himself!

“Ahahahahah! Mine! Mine!!”

Uriel the Mad hammers down blow upon blow upon blow with his masterwork ferret-leather backpack upon the increasingly helpless Sir Feyman the Valiant, his troll corpse being battered closer and closer towards his face as he seeks to shield himself from the assault of his Grail-maddened erstwhile companion. Feyman is upon his knees! He is leaning dramatically backwards! Sir Uriel is cackling horrifically to himself!

“Ahahahahhahah! My Grailcious!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

The knights they, the knights they, the knights they, are knights!!
They like to fight now!
The knights they, the knights they, the knights they, aha!

…   …   …   …   …   …

All of a sudden, Feyman is knocked back to the floor. He appears defenceless! Uriel raises his masterwork ferret-leather backpack which menaces with spikes of madness two-handed above his head. Feyman raises his one good arm across his face in a universal gesture of plaintive terror! His pants feel warm! His armour feels damp! His breeches feel stained!

Uriel’s two hands wielding his masterwork ferret-leather backpack which menaces with spikes of madness and bands of death crash down upon Sir Feyman! Feyman manages to roll out of the way at the last second! He sticks out a foot! He trips Sir Uriel!

Sir Uriel staggers madly forth. He tumbles out of yon nearby open window!

“Ahahahahahahahahahahaaarrrgghhhhh!!”

Title Acquired: Fell Sir Uriel the Mad Rope-Tosser Ultim, Entirely Lacking in Depth Perception and Sanity, Wielder of the Menacing Backpack!

Wound Acquired: Fell Sir Uriel: Smashed to pieces ‘pon the ground! Fell to his death! A tragic Pun!

Title Acquired: Fell Sir Uriel the Deceased Mad Rope-Tosser Ultim, Entirely Lacking in Depth Perception and Sanity, Wielder of the Menacing Backpack!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Relieved – in more ways than one – Sir Feyman rises back to his feet. He reaches out once more towards the Grail. He hears a stumpy bleeding voice behind him!

"Naiy!" cries Sir Beadocáf, his voice breaking into a higher pitch. "I am the most holiest among us! It is to be my honour to carry the Grail and deliver it unto our King! DEUS VULT! Chaarrrrgee!"

Sir Feyman turns to see the heavily injured Beadocáf charge towards him on his two bleeding stumps!

“Et tu, Beadocáf? Ha! You carry the Grail?! But you have no legs and only one hand! You are so smeared about with feces I can’t imagine you could even see yon Grail! Have at you, you heathen! Taste my Headless Flower Troll Corpse as it connects viciously with yon filthy feces covered features! Avast!”

Sir Beadocáf wobbles towards Sir Feyman, left hand raised and holding his semi-Holy knobbed mace. He is possessed of a fearsome look of anger!

“Chaarrrggee!” he repeats, “The Grail should be for me alone! Too much is at stake to let an uneducated idiot such as you carry such a relic! Charrrggggge!”

Sir Beadocáf continues to charge wobblingly towards Sir Feyman, leaving a soaking trail of blood behind him. The giant lobster corpse glistens in the sinking sunlight.

…   …   …   …   …   …

You have to fight for the Grail!
Violent single combat, oh yes,
Fight for the Grail!
You have to fight for the Grail!
The pinnacle of Knighthood,
Fight for the Grail!

…   …   …   …   …   …

“Ave yon Holy Grail! Morituri te salutant!” Beadocáf cries, as he slowly gets nearer, “Aut yon Grail, aut nihilis!”

“Well ‘ave some bloody nihilis then, shortarse!” exclaims Feyman as Beadocáf suddenly stumbles into range, “Ave this you Latin bastard!”

Sir Feyman forcefully smacks Sir Beadocáf with his troll corpse! Sir Beadocáf flies forth out of a nearby open window! He flies for some considerable distance!

Title Acquired: Sir Beadocáf Aethlearne of the Order of the Latinate Sandy Crotch, Sneaky and Merciless Drowner of Old Men and Notoriously Rotund Feller of the Tallest Tree on the Holy Hillock of Fate!

“Ave atque valeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh!!!”

Title Acquired: Sir Beadocáf Aethlearne of the Order of the Latinate Sandy Crotch, Deceased Sneaky and Merciless Drowner of Old Men and Notoriously Rotund Feller of the Tallest Tree on the Holy Hillock of Fate!

…   …   …   …   …   …

He saw a knight named Beadocaf:
He had been chopped most right in half;
He gave him a mighty slap,
Splattered him across all corners of the map;
Ding dong, a ring dong,
Sir Feyman he can do no wrong!
Do the right thing, fight for your honour,
Because Feyman’s going to make you a goner!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Alone at the top of the keep of Castle L’Homard, Feyman takes a deep breath. He removes his helmet, and makes the sign of the cross upon his chest out of respect for his fallen companions.

“Redde Feymani quae sunt Feymani, as you might say eh, my dear Beadocáf…”

He kneels before the Altar of the Holy Grail. A warm and luxurious light appears to fill the room, spreading through the numerous nearby open windows. A harmony of angels seems to drown out all other noise, until all Sir Feyman can hear is their beautiful voices and the sound of the blood beating in his ears. ‘Tis a blessed relief from the hideous music of yon minstrel Crannock.

Sir Feyman grasps the Holy Grail! He raises it reverently above his head! The Holy Beams of Light surround him!

Title Acquired: Saint Sir Feyman, Discoverer of the Holy Grail of Christ, Glorious Judging Saviour of Sir Beadocáf and Slayer of the Black Knight, Soiler of Underwear, Fiendish Smasher of the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog and Destroyer of the Vicious Lobster of Chateau L’Homard!

Chivalry Increased: Saint Sir Feyman is the sole surviving discoverer of the Holy Grail of Christ!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Now he has found the Holy Grail,
He’s the bestest knight of all time;
Found the Holy Grail!
Now he has found the Holy Grail,
Name remembered forever;
Found the H-oh my God what have I done? What is this terrible song? I have besmirched my craft! Arrrrrgggggrrrghhhhhhhrhhhrhrhhrhr!

With a sudden cry of terror, Crannock abruptly ceases his singing and flees towards a nearby open window! He hurls himself to his death! The Grail has claimed its final victim!

…   …   …   …   …   …

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:33:50 am by lawastooshort »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 61: The Holy Grail.
« Reply #458 on: January 06, 2012, 09:23:14 am »

Baedocáf! Noooooooooo!
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 06, 2012, 09:29:16 am »

Aaaand Freeform wins the game! :P Wow, that was a great game! Very fun to read, play for a while, and read some more! *Standing ovation*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 06, 2012, 09:39:52 am »

Just like Highlander...

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

(I also like to imagine that the grail scene was the same as the scene above.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 06, 2012, 09:49:05 am »

That was...amazing.

This is the end though?  :-\

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 06, 2012, 10:07:01 am »

I say, lawas, that was incredible! Oh, noble, untrusting Sir Feyman, how foolish you are, yet how holy now that you have the Grail! I will remember this as the best RTD I have ever been in.

And, in the case that you're doing an epilogue...

Sir Feyman delivers the grail.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 06, 2012, 10:17:17 am »

Congrats, Freeform. I'm surprised that you were in the initial four and won the game, considering the lethal nature of it. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 06, 2012, 10:33:07 am »

Excellent read! Sad there won't be any more mad hijinks for future nights to pursue, but it was wonderful while it lasted! Congratulations freeformschooler.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33