Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Seek the Grail!  (Read 50256 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn Four: the Bandit Slayer.
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2011, 04:35:49 pm »

"Cowardly knave! Ye have muddied my cuirass! For that I shall beat you to a pulp! You have the guts of a lamb and the brains of a pimple! I shall knock your teeth out your gassy backside! I would use your blood to touch-up the red on my crest, if it were not yellow!"
Sir Keardwall, enraged by the mud oozing from his beard, shouts his frowning head off as he takes a mighty swing with the flat of his sword to try and bash the bandit who attacked him in the side of the head.

Bandit-Slayer! :D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 04:49:46 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2011, 05:35:50 pm »

"mieeie rou soms of saws" Meynard screams, as he continues flailing
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2011, 06:29:02 pm »

Sir Feyman attempts to hide behind Keardwall and his fighting prowess while deflecting oncoming bandit strikes to the both of them. He sings a merry tune!

"Strike, strike, strike not the cowering Feyman!~"

Feyman reconsiders. He spouts thusly: "Maine, sing me a better tune!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2011, 09:29:21 pm »

Posting to watch and comment on one thing: I can't believe freeform killed someone by cutting their face off. lol, my good sir la. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn Five: A Tragedie!
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2011, 11:33:08 am »

Fifth turn!
England; the Dark Ages; a path with bandits; a little later in the morning.

Sir Keardwall, enraged by the mud oozing from his beard, shouts his frowning head off as he takes a mighty swing with the flat of his sword to try and bash the bandit who attacked him in the side of the head.

Sir Keardwall rises enraged from the mud to see the knavish bandit try to follow up his first attack with a second, and more effective. Shouting, he strikes with the flat of his sword as the bandit leaves himself open, axe held high.

"Cowardly knave! Ye have muddied my cuirass! For that I shall beat you to a pulp! You have the guts of a lamb and the brains of a pimple! I shall knock your teeth out your gassy backside! I would use your blood to touch-up the red on my crest, if it were not yellow!"

He knocks the knave's pimplish brains to a pustulent pulp [5]! They are broken! He is struck down! Sir Keardwall the Stoney, Defeater of Bandits, turns about to look around him victoriously, to find the mighty Sir Feyman hiding behind his back, singing merrily. He'd wondered where that was coming from.

Sir Feyman attempts to hide behind Keardwall and his fighting prowess while deflecting oncoming bandit strikes to the both of them. He sings a merry tune!

"Strike, strike, strike not the cowering Feyman!"

Feyman reconsiders. He spouts thusly: "Maine, sing me a better tune!"

"Strike, strike, strike not the cowering Feyman!" finishes Sir Feyman the Judging, Slayer of the Black Knight. At his master's request, the shy minstrel brings forth his trusty lute [3], and sings a tune of relatively improved craftminstrelship.

The brave three knights were fighting along,
As Sir Feyman did sing a righte merrie songe;
So strike, strike, strike not the cowering Feyman!
He'll dodge your arrow and sidestep your sword,
Even claim not to be a rich mighty Lord;
You'll not, not, not strike the cowering Feyman!
He'll cower behind a taller man,
Even when it's a fight that he began;
Quite, quite, quite hard to strike Sir Feyman!
He'll duck, he'll dive, he'll then talk jive,
Try anything just to stay alive;
Don't, don't, don't judge the cowering Feyman!
If there was ever a fight, he probably ran,
He'd surely even sell hi- arrrrrrrgh!

The song reaches an abrupt conclusion. Sir Feyman turns around, and falls to his knees in sorrow.

Sir Conchobar The Gruesome sweeps the legs of the sickened bandit out from under him and delivers a ferocious upwards strike to him as he falls, being careful not to look at the shield.

From his strategic vantage point on the ground, Sir Conchobar the Gruesome sweeps the vomiting bandit's legs from under him, majestically timing his upwards strike with Fiddles the man-weapon as the bandit falls like a forest attacked by a herd of lumberjacks [6]. He flies vigourously into the air, defenceless; he falls back to the ground! He lands on Maine the Shy Minstrel [1; randomised], standing several feet away! The bandit is shattered! He is struck down! Maine the Shy Minstrel is crushed! He is sadly struck down!

Sir Feyman: Minstrel Lost! Maine the Shy Minstrel has been struck down!

"mieeie rou soms of saws" Meynard screams, as he continues flailing

Unaware of the musical tragedy playing out behind him, Sir Meynard screams like a man afflicted with a terminal cold. He flails the mighty warhammer Drakhen around him in a veritable circle of doom: one bandit [3] is badly shocked, and flees for his life; the second [6] is punctured in the liver! He passes away! Sir Meynard feels particularly sober all of a sudden!

Elsewhere, seeing the vengeance of God wrought upon his once merry band, the deputy bandit - indeed, now the chief of the bandits - throws down his cumbersome shield and runs as fast as his now delicate digestive system will allow him. He is out of sight before the four knights have finished their prayers of victory and thanks.

Group Chivalry Increased! Valiant victory! (+1)

...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...

Some of the knights' morale boosted by their magnificent victory, some bitterly affected by their loss, the heroic band venture onwards on their quest. Onwards! To Castle Lombard!

...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...

The aforementioned knights arrive at the aforementioned castle later that very day, shortly before the hour of the eel. Sir Keardwall stonily strides up to the great castle doors, impenetrable and silent in their honest English oak. Although the doors have no beard, Sir Keardwall is reminded a little of himself. He strikes heavily with his armoured fist.

"Open up! In the name of King Arthur, King of the Britons, Defeater of the Saxons!"

A shutter is opened a few feet above the castle doors.

"What is it that you warnt, you smelly English types?"

"We wish shelter for the night, and to witness the Grail!"

"You warnt what for the when and to what the where?"

They are clearly foreign: Sir Keardwall decides to shout louder and more slowly.

"WE WISH SHELTER FOR - "

"No, no, here, let me handle this, Keardwall. Listen and learn dear boy." Sir Conchobar decides to contribute to the conversation.

"Rumour abounds that you have at Castle Lombard the true Grail! The Holy Grail that we seek for King Arthur as a God-granted quest! The Grail that will adorn his reign like yon cherry upon... upon a biscuit! We have sworn not to -"

"Eh! Good Christ Almighty! What is wrong with your ungodly face? Ah cannot look at you no longer! Ah cannot let you enter to look at my lord's 'oly Grail!"

The shutter slams shut; the closest and most keen-eared observers would later swear upon their honour that behind those shutters they were being laughed at, and ridiculed.

The Holy Grail is, according to the wise man, inside this lord's castle, whose occupants are soiling your honour!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:44:54 am by lawastooshort »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2011, 12:04:43 pm »

"Ey, fello knights! I do not trust you to much longer attempt to bargain for a look at the grail. I will handle this myself!"

Push the other knights back, go right up to the door, take off heaviest of armor and pretend to be the newest recruit of Castle Lombard, marching in for his shift!

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2011, 12:06:23 pm »

Attempt to find a sewer system or hidden entrance, proceed to crawl through it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2011, 12:43:04 pm »

But... But.. The bard! In the mud! Left to rot! HEATHENS!
Love, scriver~

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2011, 05:29:40 pm »

But... But.. The bard! In the mud! Left to rot! HEATHENS!

My sadness was genuine, yet short. There will be more scruffy minstrels to sing my one-armed tune!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2011, 05:53:46 pm »

"Utilising his hangover from hell (he really should have a hangover after that)" He makes the frenchies realise that they do not want him annoyed
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2011, 06:05:59 pm »

...smelly English types...

Sir Keardwall's face, already set in a frown, twitched as he stared at the closed door.
"What... did... they... say?!"

He stands there, grinding his teeth for a while and glaring at the castle. His face twitched again, a couple of times, and then suddenly,
"Yeaaaaaaarrghh!"
He shall run up, draw his sword and hack and smash the door to pieces with sword and boot! Then he shall charge in and demand, at swordpoint, that the filthy foreigners hand over the rightful property of the great King Arthur. Any of them who defy the Banditslayer shall get a smack around the head with the flat of his sword, preferably non-lethal.

Now, let's see if I end up just breaking a toe and blunting my sword on the door... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2011, 01:41:27 am »

Loving the writing in this! But... Did I get skipped over in the waiting list? :-)
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2011, 02:06:37 am »

Loving the writing in this! But... Did I get skipped over in the waiting list? :-)

Gosh yes, sorry about that. I nearly gave you a bonus chivalry point for the affrontery, but then I didn't. I did fix the waiting list though. And thank you :)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn Six.
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2011, 03:08:35 am »

Sixth turn!
England; the Dark Ages; Castle Lombard; towards the hour of the eel.

"Ey, fellow knights! I do not trust you to much longer attempt to bargain for a look at the grail. I will handle this myself!"

Push the other knights back, go right up to the door, take off heaviest of armor and pretend to be the newest recruit of Castle Lombard, marching in for his shift!

Sir Feyman pushes his fellow knights politely but firmly back: whether keen to heroically resolve the tricky situation himself or keen to glimpse the grail alone, one cannot tell. Hiding behind a nearby bush, he removes the heaviest of his pieces of armour, and walks brazenly up to the castle door. He knocks [6].

“What is eet that you warnt, smelly Eng- oh. You do not look very English! You only ‘ave one arm!”

“I ahm your latest recruit! I ’ave come to ‘elp you ‘old out against the smelly English types that beseigeth you! Seigneur Lombard ‘imself ‘as sent for me!”

”Oh. All right then. Let ‘im in! Open the door!”

Sir Feyman walks into Castle Lombard, alone and one-armed. The door swings shut behind him.

”’Ere, what ‘as ‘appened to you, yerng man? What ‘as ‘appened to your arm? Good Lord! Those savage English types! Why don’t I take you to see our docteur before you take over for your shift on doorkeeping duty?”

...smelly English types...

Sir Keardwall's face, already set in a frown, twitched as he stared at the closed door.

He stands there, grinding his teeth for a while and glaring at the castle. His face twitched again, a couple of times, and then suddenly,
"Yeaaaaaaarrghh!"
He shall run up, draw his sword and hack and smash the door to pieces with sword and boot! Then he shall charge in and demand, at swordpoint, that the filthy foreigners hand over the rightful property of the great King Arthur. Any of them who defy the Banditslayer shall get a smack around the head with the flat of his sword, preferably non-lethal.

Now, let's see if I end up just breaking a toe and blunting my sword on the door... :P

As the door swings shut before the remaining knights, Sir Keardwall the Stony begins to twitch with anger.

The shutter above the door opens.

”Ah said, you are a smelly English type! You smell like a rotting whale! Your mother was a sailor, and your father was a sailor’s wife! Now be gone, before I insult you a second time! Wait! Third time!”

The English knight draws his sword and readies his boot, hacking and smashing at the oaken door. Alas! It stands firm, although the fine polished finish is ruined [3].

"Utilising his hangover from hell (he really should have a hangover after that)" He makes the frenchies realise that they do not want him annoyed

Sir Meynard the Sure, Sufferer of Hangovers, decides to use his power for good.

“You! Hey! French types!” he shouts, “I have a terrible hangover, and you do not want to get me annoyed! Or else!”

Surprised at the incredible loudness of his voice, he recoils in pain as he doubles the effect of the awful headache which afflicts him [2]. As he goes for a lie down somewhere out of the sunlight, a voice rings out after him over the battlements.

”Or else what, you silly English type? Will you chip my paintwork a second time? Go away and ‘ide whilst smelling like a cranberry?”

Attempt to find a sewer system or hidden entrance, proceed to crawl through it.

A small distance away, Sir Conchobar the Gruesome looks about towards the base of the mighty castle walls, hoping to find a sewer system or some secret access to bypass them, but he has no luck [2]. He glares angrily at a passing crow, who is so shocked at being the victim of this repulsive gaze it flies into the castle walls and drops to the ground before him.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:28:32 am by lawastooshort »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn Six: Subterfuge and Insults!
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2011, 03:15:17 am »

Wait.. wasn't the minstrel dead?  ???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33