Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: Roll to Seek the Grail!  (Read 50246 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 57: Alas, No Latin!
« Reply #435 on: December 23, 2011, 06:33:49 pm »

Judging by the fact you're hosting this, lawastooshort, it would seem your wrist is better. Any chance of a roll to be a gentleman spy revive?

It's not! I'm sure you asked the same question in the rbags thread. Doing 4-5 turns of this a week is about the most I can manage at the moment. However, I do want to revive it in the New Year, hopefully first or second week in January. I have POSSIBLE BAD NEWS ALERT now decided that I will probably end this once the Grail has been discovered as was my original intention, so even if it's not totally better I should be able to type enough to revive the gentleman spies.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 23, 2011, 07:46:54 pm »

Oh I did. I think I forgot about that. >.> <.<
>.> <.<
Sorry. I feel bad now.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 24, 2011, 02:02:10 am »

That's ok, good to be reminded.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 58: Alas, Too Much Christmas!
« Reply #438 on: December 28, 2011, 06:18:37 pm »

Fifty eighth turn!

England; the Dark Ages; Thursday, about time to bring out the cheeseboard; Chateau de L’Homard.

"STOP THIS NONSENSE!" cries Goofus, as Crannock's song comes to a joyous end. "Stop this, for I have an announcement to make!"

The entire castle courtyard comes to screeching halt. Silence reigns.

"My announcement," continues Goofus, as the assembled knights and men-at-arms gather round and lean in to hear, "My announcement," says Goofus, pausing dramatically, "is - "

"Yes?"
interrupts a passing Frenchman.

"My announcement is that my lord Sir Uriel is..." Goofus pauses to give Sir Uriel time to draw his sword, "Is..."

Suddenly, Sir Ethlehed jumps to his feet! He starts screaming and running in a crazy circle! He scandalously ruins Goofus's cunning pun! He flees to the left! He flies to the right! He draws his deadly-sharp contraption! He leaps up and slays the Lord of Chateau L'Homard himself with one fell swoop! He falls back down! He falls asleep!

Title Acquired:  Sir Ethlehed the Curious Flower Troll Slayer, Knower of Names, Taker of the Bridge of Doom, Rescuer of Sir Feyman and Slayer of Lord L'Homard!

Chivalry Increased: Sir Ethlehed: Slew the Lord of Castle L'Homard!

"You bastard, Ethlehed!" cries Goofus, "You've ruined my flow! These French-types were going to quiver in their boots at the thought of how my lord Sir Uriel would make toast out of them! French toast! Do you see? And about how he was going to monkey about with their fates until they surrendered like cheese! How he was going to make cheese on toast out of them! How his sword was going to kiss them – French kiss them! - till they smelt like onions! How - "

Goofus is interrupted once again!

"Hohoho!" laughs Beadocáf, manically, "I have a leg! Heeheehee! Aut viam inveniam aut faciam aut tombiam! Charrrrgggeee!!!"

Beadocáf speeds furiously forth! He runs up the stairs towards the castle keep door! He trips! He falls off the stairs! Beadocáf tumbles to the ground, smashing his face.

Wound Acquired: Smashed face!

"That'll teach you, you bastard!" cries out Goofus, "I have a whole collections of quips and puns and bons mots and you all keep ruining them! I've been practising for days! Now, listen up Frenchies, I'm -"

"I say,"
interrupts Feyman, belatedly and addressing his prisoner, "Tackle that other... oh, where's he gone? Oh blast, Sir Ethlehed has had his way with him in his sleep! Blast and buggrit! Well, never mind, eh. Smash up the other Frenchies, will ye?" he cries, "Else I'll smash yer face off! You wouldn't want that, would ye?"

Sir Feyman's prisoner doesn't want that! He flees up the stairs towards the castle keep door! The enraged Feyman follows, yanking out his weapon and roughly swinging it about as he sprints up the steps. He trips! He falls! He crashes to the ground, smashing his face off!

Item Lost: One French prisoner!
Wound Acquired: Face smashed off!

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" bellows Goofus, enraged, "Again! Knight after knight after knight, you're all ruining my day!  My big moment! You twits! I've been following yon Sir Uriel for years, and I finally get to show off my anti-French punnery and you all mess it up! Not a silent knight in sight! You'll all be late knights if you're not careful! Now come on!" he continues, turning purple and towards the remaining French men-at arms, "You Frogs! Leg it! I will have no merci! Ha! Did you see what I did there! Twice! Ha! No, thrice! Et encore une fois! You dare resist me, Le Mighty Goofus?! What Gaul! Will you complain? Will you wine?! If you think you can fight my deadly puns your screws must be Toulouse! The Good Sir Uriel will make toast of you, you silly French-types! FRENCH TOAST! Le grarrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgrrgghhhrrgh!!!un!"

Suddenly Goofus turns bright red! He begins to expand! Years of pent up frustration and underappreciated punnery well up inside him! 'Tis the paille finale that broke the back du chameau!

Goofus explodes!

He showers the onlooking knights and men-at-arms in splinters of Goofus and shards of deadly pun! A cruelly shattered slice of his spine flies mere inches above the sleeping Sir Ethlehed's face, lopping off the tip of his nose! A sliver of sharpened pun shrapnels towards Sir Uriel's eyes! He jumps out of the way! He lands on a nearby rock! Sir Feyman shelters behind his severed face! Sir Beadocáf nimbly dodges behind a cobble!

The French-types, alas, are some what less fortunate: hypnotised and stupified by the inhumane and senseless barrage of battering and bothering bad puns, they are, to a man, unable to dodge the hideous remains of the raging Goofus. A liver pierces one! A spleen bludgeons another! A shinbone fells a third! A hip shatters a fourth! Another drowns in the river of blood flowing through the air! 'Twould be a foul and repulsive sight were they not the enemies of God!

Wound Acquired: Sir Ethlehed: No tip of the nose! -1 to smelling!
Wound Acquired: Sir Uriel: Face re-smashed! Face covered in blood: -1 to seeing!
Retinue Member Lost: Sir Uriel: Goofus exploded! It looks like you have part of his thigh on your surcoat! Although it's slightly hairier than the average thigh!
Title Acquired: Sir Uriel Rope-Tosser “Temporary MacGyver” Ultim The Entirely Lacking in Depth Perception, Looser of the Punultimate Weapon!

When the smoke finally clears and the brave Knights of the Round Table finally rise to their feet, except for Sir Ethlehed, who has bravely slept though the fatal explosion and the ensuing loss of his nose, they look around, peering through the mist.

Not a soul but them remains in the castle courtyard! The way to the Grail is clear!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 58: Alas, Too Much Cheese!
« Reply #439 on: December 28, 2011, 07:06:39 pm »

Sir Uriel stands there in disbelief before he bursts out. "That was BLOODY GLORIOUS!"
Never has he seen such a spectacular scene, he is in a complete ecstatic mood.
Will it remain as his Retinue Member is lost? Will he break down sobbing at the loss of his old friend?
Or will he go completely insane due to the glorious scene which was just witnessed?
(I personally hope for the third and that it will result in a glorified scene of madness, backstabbing, lots of insane laughter and cruelty of which so many villains strive to achieve.
LET THE DICE ROLL AND DECIDE!)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 02:48:23 pm by Ultimuh »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 29, 2011, 09:24:10 am »

Sir Feyman does what he must: he walks to the grail, wholeheartedly expecting to find one last ultimate challenge before he gets to touch it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 30, 2011, 07:40:33 am »

Beadocáf stands up and wipes the blood of his smashed face, then hurries up to the grail to be the first to grab hold of it, then shouts as he holds it over his head.

"Ah! Finally! The Grail is mine! Mine! Faber est suae quisque fortunae!"
Love, scriver~

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 02, 2012, 06:04:45 am »

Silence Sir Beadocaf before he spouts yet another latin phrase. Then, towards the grail!

Sorry for the wait. Been to a friend's over the weekend.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 59: L'Homard!
« Reply #443 on: January 04, 2012, 10:12:30 am »

Fifty ninth turn!

England; the Dark Ages; Thursday, about dessert time; Keep of the Chateau de L’Homard.

As his three companions dash past him and up the stairs towards the Grail, they hear the ecstatically joyous Sir Uriel break down behind them, rooted to the spot and suddenly bursting out.

"That was BLOODY GLORIOUS! Never have I seen such a spectacular scene! Never have I witnessed so clearly the work of God! Never before have I realised so clearly that it is I that must have the Grail! ‘Tis a sign! My dear Sirs, ‘tis a sign from the Lord Himself!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Alas, for the dear Sirs have all departed and hear not!

Sir Beadocáf is in the lead, sprinting up the winding stone staircase towards the Grail Room, enthusiastically wiping blood onto his face as he does so and accidentally smashing it with his armoured fist!

Wound Acquired: Sir Beadocáf: Smashed face! (Blood in the eyes: further -1 penalty to rolls involving seeing)

He stumbles blindly into the Holy Grail Room. He lifts the nearest chair above his head!

Item Acquired: Chair!

"Ahahahahaha! Finally! The Grail is mine! Mine! Faber est suae quisque fortun-arghh!!”

“Enough of your bloody Latin!” cries out Sir Ethlehed, who has fortuitously come to and sprinted one-leggedly up the stairs to bludgeon Beadocáf from behind with his detached and pierced leg, “E-bloody-nough!”

He smashes him across the room with his leg!

…   …   …   …   …   …

“Arrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrghgh!” cries Beadocáf, as he hurtles through the nearby open window and through the air towards the ground, “I must protect yon Grail with my Body to Cushion yon Fall!”

Ethlehed looks through the open window with a slight air of regret, before heading over to the Holy Grail Altar and mumbling to himself.

“Bloody Latin. Decline that, you bastard!!”

Wound Acquired: Sir Beadocáf: Smashed Legs! (-2 penalty to rolls involving legs)
Item Smashed: Chair
Chivalry Decreased: Sir Ethlehed: Knocking companions out the window!

Ethlehed kneels in prayer before the altar upon which sits the One True and Holy Grail. He feels the blessing of God upon him. He opens his eyes and rises to his feet, arms outstretched.

He feels the sword of Sir Uriel upon him! Sir Uriel is stabbing him viciously in the back! He stumbles forward, unable to reach the Grail!

“Nooooooooooo! ‘Tis for meeeeee! Alone!! Ahahahahhahahahahaha!”

Suddenly, Sir Uriel’s sword pokes through Sir Ethlehed’s chest! Sir Ethlehed’s liver is on the pointy end!

Wound Acquired: Sir Ethlehed: No liver!

Sir Uriel grabs the liver! He raises it in the air! He takes a bite! He runs off, gibbering to himself!

“Ahahahah! Mine!! The Grail!!! All mine!!!!”

State Acquired: Sir Uriel: Gone mad!
Item Acquired: Sir Uriel: Possibly Holy Liver!
Chivalry Decreased: Sir Uriel: Madness-induced backstabbing!
Title Acquired: Mad Sir Uriel Rope-Tosser Ultim, The Entirely Lacking in Depth Perception!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Having been knocked to the floor by Sir Uriel bursting past him on his madness-sped flight up the stairs, Sir Feyman finally enters the Grail Room. He knows what he must do. He enters just as Sir Uriel runs back out, gibbering to himself and holding something dark and bloody between his hands. His face appears to be smashed and covered in blood.

Feyman ignores Uriel as he tumbles painfully down the stairs behind him, and walks to the far corner of the room where Sir Ethlehed is lying face down next to the altar upon which sits the One True and Holy Grail.

Wound Acquired: Sir Uriel: Badly bruised body!

He kneels in praise and thanks before the altar. He is surprised; he wholeheartedly expected one last ultimate final challenge before getting to touch it.

Surely it couldn’t be this easy to fulfill God’s Holy Will?

Feyman is not quite sure why, but he is suddenly inspired to open his eyes. He sees a strange movement reflected in the Grail.

He turns to see a twenty foot tall lobster poised and ready to strike!

It looks superpissed!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 59: L'Homard!
« Reply #444 on: January 04, 2012, 10:44:15 am »

Charge the lobster recklessly and wildly swinging my weapon. The Grail has been found, as long as one Knight survives, there are no pointless sacrifices - only noble.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 04, 2012, 10:52:32 am »

Only one can have the Holy Grail! Sir Uriel The Mad clearly sees this now.
The die has been cast, there is no turning back.
It's either do or die, he must have his precious grail.
Let the true and final battle of the holy grail commence!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:55:44 am by Ultimuh »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 04, 2012, 11:08:40 am »

Sir Feyman ATTACKS ITS WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 05, 2012, 02:40:09 am »

I can update today if scriver posts!!1

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 05, 2012, 03:18:01 am »

Baedocáf makes his way back into the tower and attempts to sneak away with the Grail while the others are busy fighting the dragon lobster and/or stealing the Grail! He has no Latin!
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 60: Smithereens!
« Reply #449 on: January 05, 2012, 08:46:08 am »

Sixtieth turn!

England; the Dark Ages; Thursday, well past dessert time; Keep of the Chateau de L’Homard.

“Chaaarrrgge!” shouts Sir Ethlehed, recklessly, as he wildly swings his weapon, sprinting dramatically towards the sixty foot long lobster before him. "For the King and the Grail!”

He hops nobly forwards, and wildly swings his strange weapon at the enormous beast – but alas! He has no liver! He fumbles and his weapon flies with great speed out of his injured hand!

Item Lost: Sir Ethlehed: Weapon contraption stuck in the ceiling!

With vicious speed and an orangey-pink blur, the giant lobster’s left claw rises and falls: it descends upon Sir Ethlehed’s remaining leg. The leg is snapped right off! The stump doth bleed heavily!

Wound Acquired: Sir Ethlehed: Right leg snapped right off!

Undismayed by this unfortunate turn of events, Ethlehed draws his pierced thigh – the thigh which so recently sent Sir Beadocáf flying to his doom – and bellows a fierce cry of defiance!

“Grragjhhhhgrh!!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Doom? Not at all! For at this very minute the once-believed-stricken Beadocáf can – if one looks very closely indeed – be seen sneaking back into the castle keep, and making his way gingerly through the Grail Room door. He sees a terrible scene before him!

“Grragjhhhhgrh!!” cries Ethlehed, in knightly rage, “Grraglbargleragggggrjhhhhgrh!!”

He seems to be kneeling in a sea of blood!

“Have this, you big lobstery bastard!” he cries, wielding his pierced thigh and swinging it horrifically towards the lobster’s face. He impales the lobster’s eyes on his severed limb! The lobster reels in severe pain, and swipes blindly with his right hand claw. Ethlehed’s left arm is ripped clean off! He is in quite bad shape!

Wound Acquired: Sir Ethlehed: Left arm ripped clean off!

As the terrifying lobster raises its evil jaws above the stricken Sir Ethlehed, it seems that the brave and God-fearing knight has met his blood-curdling doom!

Chivalry Increased: Sir Ethlehed: Noble sacrifice!

…   …   …   …   …   …

“Ahahahahahahahhahahahahha! The Grail! I have it!” screams Sir Uriel, as he bounces painfully down the winding stairs of the stone keep, grasping Sir Ethlehed’s liver firmly in both hands.

“Oh blast! I seem to have dropped the blighter!” he realises, as he approaches the bottom of the stairs.

Sir Uriel comes to a bumpy halt.

“Hmm. I say. I wonder what that squelchy feeling was? Noooo! I’ve lost the Grail! I’ve sat on the Holy Grail of Christ Himself! I must find another! Nooooooo!!”

Item Lost: Sir Uriel: Possibly Holy Liver!

…   …   …   …   …   …

“Noooooooooooooo!” cries Sir Feyman, in a hair-raising and patriotic bellow, “Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!” he continues, as he sprints heroically to Sir Ethlehed’s aid, drawing his Headless Flower Troll Corpse as he does so, “Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Arg, the blood!!!! Blast.”

Feyman slips on the lake of blood covering the floor! The lobster diverts his attention towards this dangerous and radiantly brave newcomer: he raises his abominable mandibles above the music-loving knight. His jaw descends and crashes shut!

But Feyman has rolled away just in time, and spots a weak point in the lobster’s armour! He hefts the troll corpse upwards with the last of his one arm’s strength, and thrusts it right into the foul lobster’s unprotected throat.

There is massive damage!

The lobster’s throat it pierced! Its tongue is severed! Its windpipe is crushed! The troll corpse penetrates the brain! It enters a crazy death throe!

…   …   …   …   …   …

“Ahahahha! Good, good…” mumbles Beadocáf to himself, as he beholds the frightful scene at the top of the castle keep unfold, “Knights and lobster all are occupied in mortal struggle… I shall take my chance and swipe yon Holy Grail, and my name shall be revered by all Englishmen throughout time! King Arthur shall grant me the most attractive damsel of the land as my wife! My lands will be expanded fivefold!"

He tries to sneak past the dueling combatants, when suddenly the lobster utters a terrifying howl! A howl of death!

In a flash, the lobster seems to thrash about, spasm-ing the last of its life away. Its spiked tail flails towards the shadow in which Beadocáf is sneaking, although Beadocáf sees it not, such is the quantity of ordure and blood upon the surface of his eyes. He feels it though! He feels the searing pain! He tastes the burning terror! He hears the dripping blood! He smells the warm wetness of failure!

Wound Acquired: Sir Beadocáf: Legs flailed off! (further -5 penalty to rolls involving legs)
Chivalry Decreased: Sir Beadocáf: Attempted sneakiness!

Title Acquired: Sir Beadocáf Aethlearne of the Sandy Crotch, Sneaky and Merciless Drowner of Old Men and Notoriously Rotund Feller of the Tallest Tree on the Holy Hillock of Fate!

…   …   …   …   …   …

As Sir Feyman steps back to admire his handiwork, and to step out of the reach of the blindly and furiously swinging giant lobster claws, he suddenly bumps into Sir Uriel, who has sneaked back up the stairs, past the scene of tremendous carnage, and to the Holy Grail Altar.

Sir Uriel is knocked off his stride!

He totters towards yon nearby open window!

But forsooth! He manages to recover his balance, and stumbles back towards the Altar, and leans forward… The Holy Grail doth appear to be within his grasp!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Suddenly, the lobster’s death throes cease, and the awful beast crashes to the ground, slain by the wondrous Sir Feyman. But it has the last laugh! Sir Ethlehed is nowhere to be seen!

Wound Acquired: Sir Ethlehed: Crushed to smithereens by a giant lobster corpse!
Chivalry Increased: Sir Ethlehed: The Ultimate Sacrifice!

Title Acquired: Ultimately Noble Sir Ethlehed the Deceased Yet Curious Flower Troll Slayer, Knower of Names, Taker of the Bridge of Doom, and Rescuer of Sir Feyman!

Title Acquired: Sir Feyman the Glorious Judging Saviour of Sir Beadocáf and Slayer of the Black Knight, Soiler of Underwear, Fiendish Smasher of the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog and Destroyer of the Vicious Lobster of the Grail!

The Grail is all but liberated!

…   …   …   …   …   …

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:50:36 am by lawastooshort »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33