Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Seek the Grail!  (Read 50259 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 53: Defecation and Shame!
« Reply #405 on: December 15, 2011, 08:26:32 am »

Smash door down with flower troll.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 15, 2011, 09:14:40 am »

Take a trip around the wall and look for other ways in, like conveniently sized ventilation shafts. I mean, the French are known to always be careful to install proper ventilation, 'lest the smell of-- no wait, I won't go there. They just like to keep the smoke out of their dining rooms.
Love, scriver~

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 15, 2011, 10:41:29 am »

Try to think up a plan of my own, one that would completely take the frenchmen by surprise.
May involve some Batman Gambitry.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:45:21 am by Ultimuh »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 54: A battle-plan!
« Reply #408 on: December 19, 2011, 07:22:31 am »

Fifty fourth turn!

England; the Dark Ages; Thursday lunchtime; Chateau de L’Homard.

A short distance from the castle gates, the four knights huddle together.

“We need to devise yon battle-plan!” screams Sir Ethlehed, smearing human waste all over his face and rubbing it vigorously into his eyes. He hops off screaming wildly! He hops face first into the castle wall!

Wound Acquired: Ordure firmly in the eyes! (-2 to seeing until it is cleaned!)
Wound Acquired: Re-re-smashed nose!
Wound Acquired: Unconscious!

“Well,” proposes Sir Uriel, “That is one possible course of action, I suppose. Now, what I propose is that I er… well… Yes. No! A plan! I have it! ‘Tis foolproof! I shall march valiantly up to the castle gates, challenge the perfidious French-type to a duel, and then surrender. Then, upon being taken captive, I shall leap free, and open the castle gates, thus letting you, my brave companions, into the castle! Right!” he finishes, galloping towards the fortress, “Prepare yourselves for yon glory, brave friends! Hide by yon castle gates as soon as I am inside!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

As his companion Sir Uriel marches valiantly up to the castle gates, Sir Beadocáf also decides that some form of subterfuge or infiltration might be the best way to defeat the French, and accordingly decides to take a stroll around the castle walls whilst Uriel distracts them. The French, heavy smokers as they are, are sure to have installed proper ventilation, so it strikes him that perhaps a ventilation shaft might be a likely target. He remembers well his history lessons and the fate of the impregnable castle in the Holy Land that fell to just such an attack.

“I wonder why they smoke so much though?” he wonders, as he hears a loud knocking on the castle gate in the distance.

He carries on walking, now out of sight of his companions before the castle.

“Perhaps it is to serve as some form of perfume? To mask another odour? I have heard, of course, that many tribes in the Baltic smoke as a sign of respect,” he continues, as he hears a loud cry of En Garde! ring out from the gates on the other side of the castle.

He turns another corner of the vast stone walls and the lake comes back into view.

“Aha! I knew it! Here be yon ventilation shaft! Odd that it should be so low ‘pon the ground, but never mind! No time to be picky, I suppose,” he decides, as he hears a distant shout of, he assumes, feigned terror from the castle gates.

“Oh! Help! Help! I surrender! Help! Oh blast. Rope? I wasn’t expecting any bloody rope. Eh! I say! Stop that!”

“Sir Uriel seems to be playing his part to perfection,” Beadocáf continues, “Good man, eh! Now, let’s get infiltrating this ventilation shaft, what?”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Sir Feyman, as Sir Uriel had suggested, had waited for several minutes after his companion had let himself be taken captive before taking up his position by the gates of Castle L’Homard, and now he had been standing there for long enough to start getting a little fidgety. Bored, maybe. Jealous, even, that his questing comrades were having all the fun whilst he had been left to stand outside waiting for the filthy faced Ethlehed to wake up.

He could swear he just heard a distant cry of distress. Help, help, it had sounded like, I’m stuck in a sewage pipe! Blast and bugrit!

No, he must have imagined it. His eagerness for battle was clearly getting the better of him as it sometimes used to when he was but a young squire.

No, but there it was again! Feyman was sure he could recognise Sir Beadocáf’s learned and rotund voice even in the heat of battle, and this was a quiet Thursday afternoon. Blast it! Beadocáf must have been captured! The dastardly French must be torturing him! They were trying to make him… wait. What were they trying to make him do? Was it a trap? No, he wouldn’t move. The instructions had been clear: he would wait discreetly by the castle gates until Uriel opened them for Feyman and Ethlehed to charge valiantly in!

State Acquired: Sir Beadocáf: Rotundly stuck in a sewage pipe!

Good lord! There it was again! No! It was a diff- Gosh! It was clearly Uriel’s voice this time! Had the French-types taken him too? Were they on to their cunning plan? Help, help, it sounded like, I’m imprisoned in a cell! Help! Oh, bloody hell. It was possible, thinks Feyman. Uriel had gone unarmed into the lion’s den after all, so to speak. Blast. It must be a trap! It must!

State Acquired: Sir Uriel: Imprisoned in a cell!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Even if yon cries be a trap, Sir Feyman decides bravely to himself, if my comrades are in grave danger I must act! What would my dear departed Keardwall do? By Jove! Yes! I have it!

…   …   …   …   …   …

As Sir Ethlehed starts to come round at the foot of the castle wall, he seems to see Sir Feyman walk some distance away from the castle. He is wielding his Headless Flower Troll one handed, and twirling it in the air with considerable force.

Ethlehed rolls over onto his back, and contemplates getting up. As he does so, he sees the blurry figure of Sir Feyman charge with the bravery and force of fully a hundred knights up towards the gates of Castle L’Homard! Sir Feyman bellows a ferocious battle cry! He twirls his Headless Flower Troll! He reaches the gate! The Headless Flower Troll smashes brutally against the vast oak! The gate splinters in twain! The wood splinters into tiny bits! The gate is taken!

“Oooh, bloody hell,” says Ethlehed, “I’d best get a move on! Why’s everything so brown and blurry? What the devil is that awful smell? Oh well, no time for that. Charrrge!! For King Arthur!”

State Acquired: Sir Ethlehed: Conscious!

…   …   …   …   …   …

“Chaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggge!!!” cries Feyman, rushing like a one armed bull armed with a headless flower troll through the ruins of the castle gate, “Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggee!!!!”

Feyman bursts into the castle courtyard. He surprises four French men-at-arms sitting about smoking. They turn to face him, and move to get up. They seem too surprised to sound the alarm!

Chivalry Increased! Taken the castle gates!

…   …   …   …   …   …

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 54: A battle-plan!
« Reply #409 on: December 19, 2011, 08:04:43 am »

State Acquired: Sir Beadocáf: Rotundly stuck in a sewage pipe!

:D

This reminds me of th Swedish king Erik XIV, who was very paranoid. He had a secret door in his childhood room (the real door to that room has like a dozen locks on it too) which leads to his toilet. Said toilet was also part of a secret passage to a safe room in case they were attacked.

Poor guy proved his paranoia were justified in the end too. He ended up inprisoned by two of his younger brothers and poisoned to death in his prison.
Love, scriver~

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 19, 2011, 08:07:36 am »

What would Keardwall do? The ultimate question. W.W.K.D?

Also, of course half of you had to go get yourselves into trouble. I had to have seen that coming...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 19, 2011, 08:15:02 am »

Well at least I'm not stuck in a sewage pipe.

Sir Uriel spends some time in his cell to think of a heroic escape plan,
exploiting the various weaknesses of these Frenchmen.
The plan should also involve some macguyvering.
Since there is no 'Macguyver' in this era,
Sir Uriel temporarily renames himself Macguyver to ensure his planning adds up.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:40:04 am by Ultimuh »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 19, 2011, 08:38:08 am »

"I say, have at you, you smelly, poo-smoking prissies!" Sir Feyman twirls his flower troll around at the Frenchmen like in an action movie!He attempts to hold them off so that his companions may enter safely!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 19, 2011, 11:56:50 am »

Charge with utter disregard for any sort of directions and the utmost maximum of chivalrous audacity! Worst thing that could happen is that I land in a watery place and get that stuff off my face!

Although, getting through the gate would be somewhat advisable.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 19, 2011, 06:17:48 pm »

Heh, I was certain I had posted already. Must've mistaken the other one for an action in my memory.

Pull yonder belly in, push yonder Beadocáf in! If nothing else works, prepare for an early fast this year.
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 55: A battle and a plan!
« Reply #415 on: December 20, 2011, 06:20:28 am »

Fifty fifth turn!

England; the Dark Ages; Thursday, half past lunchtime; Chateau de L’Homard.

Suddenly, in the courtyard of Castle L’Homard, all hell breaks loose, shattering the congenial serenity of the extended lunch breaks for which the French are so famous, as Sir Feyman the Glorious charges into the castle singlehandedly – and singlearmedly, in fact – ferociously wielding his trusty Headless Flower Troll.

Title Acquired: Sir Feyman the Glorious Judging Saviour of Sir Beadocáf and Slayer of the Black Knight, Soiler of Underwear and Fiendish Smasher of the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog!

The three smoking French men-at-arms leap up to defend their castle! They charge towards Sir Feyman!

“Charrrrge! Chaaaarge!! For King Arthurrrr!!!”

Suddenly, the three smoking Frenchmen halt their charge and give way to the screaming Englishman who flails past smeared in fecal matter: Sir Ethlehed runs straight past the French foe! He falls head over heels into the castle well!

State Acquired: Sir Ethlehed: In a well!
Wounds Healed: Sir Ethlehed: Face cleaned!
State Acquired: Sir Ethlehed: One third drowning in a well!

The French men-at-arms mutter Gallicly to themselves about les milords rosbifs un peu eccentriques before shrugging stereotypically.

“Allons-y! Le chaarrrge!!”

They draw their swords! They engage Sir Feyman in le combat mortel!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Elsewhere in the castle, the guards who were so recently guarding the perfidious – or brave, depending on one’s allegiance – Sir Uriel, realise that it is at least half past lunchtime, and leave.

“Gosh!” thinks Uriel to himself, “How fortunate that yon French types have such a weakness as to be so fond of their overly fancy cooking! I must act fast whilst I have the chance to escape! Hmm. I should devise some kind of… heroic escape plan…”

Title Acquired: Sir Uriel “Temporary MacGyver” Ultim The Entirely Lacking in Depth Perception!

“Hmm… Well, ‘tis a good start! And at least my place of captivity is rather pleasant… it could be worse!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Somewhere worse and lower down in the castle, Sir Beadocáf is in a slight predicament. Or is it a dilemma? Or a dichotomy? Or is it in fact a sewage pipe?

“Ye gods!” realises Beadocáf, “’Tis most certainly a sewage pipe!”

Wound Acquired: Ordure in the eyes! (-1 to seeing until it is cleaned!)
Wound Acquired: Disgusting odour! (-1 to enemy to hit rolls until cleaned!)

…   …   …   …   …   …

“Hmm,” Uriel continues, “Hmm. Twist that a bit. Aha. Yes. A bit more tape. Hmm. Perhaps if I… Yes. Attach the er… Perfect. I’ll just... Yep. Aha! Right! Excellent!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Meanwhile, back again lower down in the castle, Sir Beadocáf is mentally giving some form and structure to what he realises is, in fact, a dilemma. “Either,” he postulates alone in the silence of the sewage pipe, “Either I must fast, which I disapprove of in general, or I must pull yon belly in. Blast. I wonder if that really is a dilemma? Perhaps, for I’d prefer to do neither, but I can’t hang about here, I suppose, I imagine my hapless comrades have some need of me. Blast. Hmm. If only Godewine were still here, the poor chap.”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Meanwhile, again, in another and strangely familiar castle, far far away…

“More spanking, Mr Godewine? Oh, please Mr Godewine, spank us some more!”

“Yes! And then spank me!”

“And me!”

“And me too!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

“Goofus?” asks Sir Uriel, “Do you er… do you think you could pass me those keys?”

…   …   …   …   …   …

“Come on Beadocáf,” grunts Beadocáf, to himself, “Pull that blasted belly in man! Pull! Heave!!”

Suddenly!

Pop!

Sir Beadocáf the Notoriously Rotund pops out of his sewage pipe and rolls about on the floor. He looks up! He sees Sir Feyman in vicious and brutal combat with three French types!

He sees Feyman bust one Frenchman in the face with his flower troll!

His face flyeth away at the speed of a swallow! It doth escape the confines of the castle! He falls writhing to the floor!

Beadocáf sees the second man-at-arms charge at Feyman with sword overhead in both hands; Feyman sidesteps, and aims a solid blow of flower troll at the Frenchman’s chest! His spleen is split in twain! He is struck down!

As the flower troll continues on its deadly arc, Feyman turns in a full circle in three small tidy steps, raises the flower troll above his head in a smooth and fluid motion, and, with a single step forward, brings the headless troll corpse crashing down upon the helmeted head of the last man-at-arms. He is cut straight down the middle! His body falls into two halves! He is struck down!

Beadocáf sees great quantities of blood!

Title Acquired: Sir Beadocáf Aethlearne of the Sandy Crotch, Merciless Drowner of Old Men and Notoriously Rotund Feller of the Tallest Tree on the Holy Hillock of Fate!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Suddenly, Sir Uriel bursts heroically into the castle courtyard, unarmed but waving his arms valiantly about in the air! He hears a slight gurgle! He hears a faint cry!

“Help! Help!”

A dozen French types appear at the door of the keep. They rush down the stairs towards the brave English k- niggets knights!

…   …   …   …   …   …

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 55: A battle and a plan!
« Reply #416 on: December 20, 2011, 07:35:32 am »

Baedocáf is totally founding the Knightly Order of the Sandy Crotch when this is over.

"Aha!" Cries Baedocáf and turns to his comrades. "Those stairs must lead to the Tower Room were they keep the Most Holiest of Grails! Once more through the French my friends! Follow mine smell! DEUS VULT! (Also totally good to see you again bros)"

Fire the Holy Crossbow of Bersheeba then CHARGE THOSE HEATHEN FRANKS IN THE NAME OF THE LORD AND KING AND POPE AND COUNTRY
Love, scriver~

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 20, 2011, 07:43:21 am »

Sir Uriel valiantly attempts to locate the source of woeful cries and aid with whatever he can,
all while comically avoiding these Frenchmen.
Alas, he have forgotten to UnMaguyvering himself, tough this might be a good thing?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 20, 2011, 07:50:59 am »

"I say, Beadocaf! It must be so. Let us charge through!" Sir Feyman joined his companions in charging into battle. No frenchman could hold them now!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 20, 2011, 10:43:27 am »

Now, Sir Ethlehed shall use his weapon contraption to pull himself out of the well with great velocity and killing intent!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33